Kaczynski Use Of Caesar Code Method Also Used By Zodiac

Discussion of the codes and ciphers designed by both Kaczynski and the Zodiac.

Kaczynski Use Of Caesar Code Method Also Used By Zodiac

Postby akwilks on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Kaczynski Use Of The Caesar Code As The Unabomber

I made a discovery this week that I think could be very important. Kaczynski sometimes used real names of real poeple on return addresses for his mail bombs, and at other times used an alias. For the bomb he sent in June 1980 to Percy Wood, the head of United Airlines, he used the alias: ENOCH W FISCHER. 13 letters. Address of 3414 Ravenswood Street, Chicago IL 60657. See photo attachment of the envelope of a letter sent to Mr. Wood telling him a book would be coming soon for him. The bomb was in the book package.

Unabomber Kaczynski Enoch Fischer Percy Wood Red White Blue Label.jpg
Unabomber Kaczynski Enoch Fischer Percy Wood Red White Blue Label.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 10889 times

This name seemed very strange and contrived to me. "Theodore Kaczynski" is 17 letters long (18 if you include middle intitial "J"), and that name appears in several of the decodes. But a 13 letter variant of his name appears in two of the decodes. And "Enoch W Fischer" was 13 letters long, the same number as the "Zodiac My Name Is Code", which decoded gives the name "Theo Kaczynski," and one line in the Zodiac 340 Code, which gives "Theo Kaczynski See A Name". "Theo" also has a double meaning - it is the first four letters of "Theodore", but it also Greek for "God".

I applied the exact same 0-3-6-9 Caesar Code shift values as I did in the Zodiac Mt. Diablo Map Code, the My Name Is Code and the 340. It produced, with very little anagram application, the name THEO KACZYNSKI. This Caesar Code-modified Gronsfeld Cipher 0-3-6-9 system is now known or suspected to have been used by exactly TWO criminals. One is the Zodiac Killer. And the other one is Theodore Kaczynski, operating as "FC", aka the Unabomber. This is both strong circumstantial and direct evidence that the two - The Zodiac Killer and Theodore Kaczynski - are one and the same. Doug Oswell also discovered another probable instance of Kaczynski using this same Caesar Code with these same shift values, in his nine digit ID number he sent with his mailings, which Mr. Kite has developed further. (There is one other unsolved murder spree were the killer demanded a message be put on the front pages of the newspaper, that may have used this code, has many elements of both Zodiac and Kaczynski themes and methods, and when decoded reveals both the TJK name and the words "The Zodiac").

Here the name is produced with the shift values of:

3 9 0 9 3 9 3 9 0 0 9 6 9

Look at the fake address TJK gave: 3 4 1 4. Consider 4 + 4 + 1 = 9. That gives us "3 9", which are the FIRST two shift values to decode correctly, and they are used two other times. And the zip code: 6 0 6 5 7. Consider 6 + 6 = 12, and 12 + 57 = 69. And "6 9" are are the LAST two shift values to apply to decode correctly. 69 is also the total sum of all the shift values used.

It is produced with the shift values of:

That creates:

H E O T K N I Z S C Y K A

The chart reveals the name in a geometric pattern:

N W X L Q ------F------O R B L Q N A
K T U I N--------C-------L O Y I N K X
H Q R F K -------Z-------I L V F K H U

E N O C H--------W------F I S C H E R

B K L Z E-------T-------C F P Z E B O
Y H I W B------Q ------Z C M W B Y L
V E F T Y -------N ------W Z J T Y V I

H E O T K N I Z S C Y K A

Trans: T H E O K A C Z Y N S K I
------- 9 3 9 0 6 9 0 9 9 9 0 3 3

----------------------------------------------------

This is the secret ID number Ted Kaczynski used as "FC", aka "Unabomber", to authenticate his letters as real.

553 - 25 - 4394

Nobody has ever explained what this number means. The FBI did find it matched (or alomst matched?) the SSN of a convict who had a tatoo that said "Pure Wood". But that man was in prison for some of the Unabomber crimes, and even when Kaczynski was arrested, no link could be found between that man and Ted Kaczynski, or radical politics, or anything relevant to the case. It appears to be a coincidence.

Doug Oswell first came up with the idea to see if the 9 numbers could be linked to the 9 letters in KACZYNSKI by the Caesar Code method Kite and I have used on other Zodiac codes. That same method when used on the Kaczynski alias "ENOCH W FISCHER" produced "THEO KACZYNSKI". Then Zander Kite did this work which follows, and I made some minor contributions on a possible secondary code and the process. So this was done with a little help from Doug Oswell and me, but mainly it was all by Kite. It does show a link, further proof that Kaczynski used the Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 values as the Unabomber, which is further proof that the use of such a code in the Zodiac ciphers matches to him as well.

The first thing is there were multiple repeats - two "3" 's (C), two "4" 's (D) and three "5" 's (E).

Kite wondered if the repeats meant to designate them differently, perhaps by adding 10 each time.

So:

553 - 25 - 4394

Becomes:

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

Now here is something really incredible!

Look closely, and we see mathematical confirmation that this was very likely the INTENDED and CORRECT sequence:

The first 2 numbers of 5 + 15 = 20.

The next 3 numbers of 3 + 2 + 25 = 30

The last 4 numbers of 4 + 13 + 9 + 14 = 40

Check the math.

This is an internal math formula that shows this was planned and not random. Just like we saw on all the Zodiac codes using this method.

Anyone care to argue that is coincidence?

Now lets translate to letters.

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

E O C - B Y - D M I N

Things we notice right away:

Anangram for BY MIND.

Better and complete anagram for:

IN MY B CODE

A "B Code" is a secondary code that is within the larger code. A hidden or secondary code. I take this to mean the codemaker is telling us "Yes, you got something here, but keep going".

Also, the third letter is "C" and the fifth letter is "Y" - the same as in the name "KACZYNSKI".

Does a Caesar Code analysis with 0-3-6-9 values create a name?

Through trial and error, Kite comes up with this sequence - he re-arranges the letters so they are:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-3 0 0 6 6 -6

K A C Z Y N S K I

-------------------------------------------------------

Application of the Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 shift values yields the name KACZYNSKI, THEO KACZYNSKI or THEODORE J KACZYNSKI in all the Zodiac codes and in the Unabomber ENOCH W FISCHER alias and in the Unabomber secret ID number. IMO, and I think the evidence backs it up, this is because they were created by the same mathematical mind - the mind of Theodore J Kaczynski.

-----------------------------

The FBI gave Ted Kaczynski the name "Unabomber".

Ted Kaczynski sent letters and bombs under the name "FC". The next letter in that sequence is "Z". Was Ted Kaczynski also "Z", the Zodiac, and did he leave a clue to his former identity (as Zodiac) in his secret ID number?

Look at the secret ID number translated to letters under the process by Kite/Oswell/Wilks, the Caesar Code shift values and how they create the Kaczynski name:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-3 0 0 6 6 -6

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look just at the ID letters and the name:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look again, with certain letters highlighted:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

We have: D C O A Z I.

ZODIAC.

You have to ask, if as this evidence shows this is the method Kaczynski used to encode his name in the secret ID number, why did he pick those numbers which create those particular letters matched to the other specific letters, so that while completing the decode process the letters for ZODIAC appear?
Last edited by akwilks on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
akwilks

Re: Kaczynski Use Of Zodiac Code System

Postby KITE on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm

I was actually unaware that Doug had work concerning the nine (553254394) and 0,3,6,9. I have paralled the 553254394 and the 8 letters from the 13 cipher(AAEKMMNN) because they are both buried in doubles. I have applied to the 0,3,6,9, to the 13-cipher, but you have to allow the Zodiac symbol to equal Z, the circle eights to equal I, and the Aries symbol to equal S(because it's upside down). That gives you AENZIKIMISNAM. resultant number string: 0,0,0,6,0,0,9,6,6,6,3,3,3. Ted J. Kaczynski. Not saying Kaczynski is Zodiac, but maybe the real Zodiac used his name. What's really strange about this is that the eight letters equal the 5 symbols. Both equal 72. A+A+E+K+M+M+N+N(1+1+5+11+13+13+14+14)=72. Z+I+I+I+S(26+9+9+9+19)=72. That's in line with the (3 eights=K+M=24) from the center.
A......E......N......Z.......I......K.......I.......M.......I.......S.......N.......A......M
0......0......0......-6......0......0.....-9......+6......-6.....+6......-3.....+3.....-3
A......E......N......T.......I......K.......Z.......S.......C.......Y.......K.......D......J
KITE

Postby KITE on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:07 pm

I like the possibility of THEO being used, regardless of the last name involved hypothetically, it could showcase an inflated ego of some variation. Look at the continuing backward letter string strain of FCZWTNK. Quite coincidental.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:13 pm

I posted my proposed solutions to the My Name Is 13 symbol code.

I do think it is likely to be "Theo Kaczynski", both because that appears in my 340 decode and the Enoch W Fischer decode, as well as the "THEO = GOD" reason. Kaczynski was interested in Norse, Roman and Greek mythology, so I do think the GOD aspect would appeal to him, as well as avoiding use of his full first name.
akwilks

Postby Doug on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 am

Think "Wotan," perhaps, because there is a strong Wagernian theme that runs through Kaczynski's early Unabomber mailings.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby akwilks on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:13 am

TJK did have an interest in Roman and Greek mythology. I think you referenced the fact that as a teen he signed a letter "Hercules". Hercules had a wooden club that he used as a weapon, and the first four letters in the 340 translate as "HERC". And the main God of the Norse myths - also referenced in Wagner - is spelled two ways, Wotan and Odin. WOtan ODin. WOOD. Wood and trees were a constant theme of TJK, because it reflected where he lived, his values, the myth of Yggdrasil the great world tree which was also the "tree of terror-gallows" as people were executed there, and perhaps also this WOtan-ODin connection.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:20 am

O L I F C Z W T Q N K H E

I T(heodre) K(aczynski was first) Z(odiac) (then) I (was) FC.

I TK Z FC.

Z IN TK.

THEO Z THEO FC

THEO KCZNKI

Yes I do not think it a coincidence that his four major identities - "TK", "THEO", "Z" and "FC" - all appear on the same Caesar Code shift line.
akwilks

Postby KITE on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 pm

It's interesting how the numbers add up for ENOCH W. FISCHER. (EN=S and FI=O) E(5)+N(14)=S(19) F(6)+I(9)=O(15). That's means ENO=FIS. And then you can see that the CH lines up CH=CH. So ENOCH=FISCH. And then even the extra ER from FISCHER (E+R=23.) So ER=W. So, also, ENOCH W=FISCHER=68. So, can that all be coincidence?
KITE

Postby akwilks on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:36 pm

That is very interesting! So basically we have:

ENOCH W ----- FISCHER

--68---------------68---

So the first name and middle initial add up to 68, and the last name adds up to 68.

That is a similar mathematical formula to the Unsolved 18, where if memory serves me well, the first name and middle initial "Theodore J" added up to 33, and "Kaczynski" added up to 66, with a 33 appearing in the shift value formula for "Theodore J", a 66 in "Kaczynski", and towards the end a 99, which is the total value.

This also fits the general concept of the 9 digit FC (Unabomber) identifying number.

And of course my work on the Map Code 32 symbol, where "THEODORE J" is produced by shift values of 66 9 6666 0 6 (total of 51) and "KACZYNSKI" is produced by the exact same formula, exactly reversed 6 0 6666 9 66 (51).

What I think this all may mean, beyond showing the mind of a playful and taunting mathematical genius at work, is that TJK likely put his name in the Zodiac and FC (Unabomber) codes, threw his needle of a name onto a haystack of hundreds of other names, but in effect tied a ribbon around his name and his name only, by creating the MATHEMATICAL PROOFS that would SHOW, should he choose to do so, that he had put his name into these codes, and thus was the creator of the codes.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/01/ff_hideandseek/

For those interested in codes, cryptography and code breaking, check out this article.

It is about a recent spy case involving codes.

One of the codes used by the spy was a Caesar Code.

The FBI agent who broke the codes was Daniel Olson, the head of the FBI Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit.

I just now am sending my new code work in the Zodiac Case to Mr. Olson.
akwilks

Next

Return to Cryptography