The 1982 - 1986 Tylenol Murders and Unabomber Ted Kaczynski

Re: Revised Article:Who was the Tylenol Killer of 1982 and 1986?

Postby Lola on Thu May 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Linda, I agree.

I too wonder as others have, why they have to ASK him for DNA samples. Can't they just take it? I thought DNA was taken from prisoners.

And it's funny/fishy how TJK says he thinks that taking his DNA is really to serve another purpose/case (I'm thinking...ZODIAC???)

Funny how I heard about this: I was in the kitchen brewing up some coffee and my mom was watching CNN and I heard "Ted Kaczynski..Unabomber... Tylenol Murder case.."
And i SPUN around. Almost has a heart attack! ha! :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've been getting a lot of Unabomber news lately. So many people seem to either have forgotten or just plain don't care anymore with so many other criminal incidents that's been going on since then (VT shooter, Loughner, etc etc) I'm in my early 20s but I find this all so interesting. I think it's important to know about this.

Oh, another point: from Chris Waits book, remember the part where his dogs (or one of his dogs) seemed to have been POISONED. And TKJ was allowed to tinker around in his garage (or was it workshop)... I doubt TKJ is being honest when he says he never possessed potassium cyanide. And back then I think it was much easier to get a hold of. You can even get a hole of some in this day and age. I'm talking about everyday, regular joes like you and me.
Signed,
Lola
Lola

Postby Lola on Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

New Article: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=8141084

May 19, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- FBI authorities in Chicago want DNA samples from the notorious Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski, to see if he is was behind the 1982 Tylenol poisonings.

This Intelligence Report looks at the curious connections some people have made between both deadly cases.

Top FBI agents in Chicago say they want DNA from Kaczynski merely as a matter of normal investigation by a task force looking at the unsolved Tylenol killings. An attorney for Kaczynski tells the I-Team that federal authorities may have been prompted by a small, but loud, chorus of armchair criminologists who believe that the Unabomber is also the Tylenol killer.

Several websites proclaim Kacyzinski is the Tylenol killer. The conspiracy theory popped up several years ago based on Kaczynski's initials, T.K., Tylenol killer.

And the common element of Kaczynski's bombs, targets and attack sites is an obsession with wood, from wooden boxes to victims named wood, including North Shore resident Percy Wood, president of United Airlines when he received a unabomb in 1980.

Those who believe Kaczynski was also the Tylenol killer cite the wood connections to those cases in street names, city's and victim names as well. They also show a surveillance photo of one Walgreens where poisoned Tylenol was purchased which shows a bearded man near the shelf, suggesting that it was Kaczynski.

The web matrix of unabomb-Tylenol connections had nothing to do with FBI officials here in Chicago asking for Kacynski's DNA.

"Nothing new prompted the request for the DNA," FBI spokesman Ross Rice told the I-Team late Thursday afternoon. It is "just part of the normal investigative process that the task force looking at the 1982 murders felt was appropriate."

When mail bombs started showing up across the country in the late 1970s and early 80s, federal agents scrambled to find a connection.

In 1982, when seven people died after taking cyanide-tainted Tylenol in metro Chicago, many of the same law enforcement agencies that were working on unabomb were assigned to Tylenol.

At the time, they considered every possible motive and suspect according to a high ranking law enforcement official at the time. And when Kacyznski was arrested authorities processed every speck of evidence in his Montana cabin.

Kaczynski's lawyer tells the I-Team that if the feds had found a grain of Tylenol evidence in the Unabomber's cabin, he would have been a target back then, not 15 years later.

Kaczynski was born in Chicago and his family lived in the Chicago suburbs before he moved to Montana. Unabomb/Tylenol conspiracy theorists say that too is among the proof that he was behind both crimes.
(Copyright ©2011 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Click on that source link and watch the video. That is CLEARLY this site! :ugeek:
Signed,
Lola
Lola

Postby linda on Thu May 19, 2011 9:18 pm

It makes me crazy when they talk about "conspiracy" theorists. Just what is the conspiracy?
linda

Postby Lola on Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 pm

linda wrote:It makes me crazy when they talk about "conspiracy" theorists. Just what is the conspiracy?

The FBI not wanting to hear any of it seems like a conspiracy to me...
but you mean about us... I don't know. People like to use the term "conspiracy theorists" negatively, which I don't think is fair. Conspiracies can be fact! Not always just theories. 8-)

People will bad mouth us and ridicule us, but we're getting closer, aren't we?
Signed,
Lola
Lola

Postby akwilks on Fri May 20, 2011 12:15 am

Linda I agree with your post entirely. It may well be the Tylenol case that unlocks the DNA secrets to solve the Zodiac case. If the different jurisdictions can work together, for once!

Lola thanks for posting that. The term "conspiracy theorist" does not apply, as a conspiracy by definition involves two or more persons plotting together. We are all asserting that evidence suggests Ted Kaczynski, acting alone, may have been the Tylenol Murderer.

I don't mind "armchair criminoligists". That sounds OK. I'll take that.

This guy actually does a decent job briefly summarizing some of the main points of evidence, like the wood connection, mentioning Percy Wood for example.

Other news reports mention the tips coming from "websites" or "amateur sleuths". I did a long phone interview with the Chicago Daily Herald, so that should be a good article, and will mention both my name and Doug Oswell, and maybe unazod as well. Maybe other papers will pick up the story from them.

I guess you can't do these things expecting much credit, you have to do it in hopes that you can actually help solve a case, bring closure to families and end a mystery.

ABC News is reporting that the FBI in DC will seek a court order to compel a DNA draw on Kaczynski. So assuming the DNA smudge on the tainted Tylenol bottle is from the killer, and not a clerk or shipper, we may actually get to the bottom of this case.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 am

ABC News is now reporting that the FBI is now seeking a court order to compel Kaczynski to give DNA.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fbi-probe ... d=13638602

The link there has a brief commercial, a report, another brief commercial, then a more detailed report.

ABC News: "FBI officials in Washington said that they were in the process of obtaining a court order to seek the DNA sample from Kaczynski. "
----- ----- ----- -----

Ted says he never "possesed" potassium cyanide.

Please remember that his neighbor Chris Waits did silver and gold prospecting, and used CYANIDE to do this. Chris had a garage and outdoor area where he stored tools and supplies, and he let Ted have free access to this area. This area would have had cyanide in it.

ALSO:

On page 47 of the book Unabomber: The Secret Life Of Ted Kaczynski by Chris Waits and Dave Shors, Waits relates how he told Ted about an old deserted gold mine shaft, and how there was equipment, supplies and a few gold flakes left there. Waits says he told Ted how to mine for silver and gold. We know Cyanide is used in gold mining. He states Ted did likely go there and notes several items found in the FBI inventory suggesting he did go there, including:

FBI Inventory # L60 - Container of white powder

Cyanide, of course, is a white powder.

Ted Kaczynski Legal Motion:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011 ... tml?ref=us

Kaczynski Motion Tylenol DNA and Auction.JPG
Kaczynski Motion Tylenol DNA and Auction.JPG (79.23 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
akwilks

Re: Tylenol Murders 1982&1986:FBI Seeks Unabomber Kaczynski DNA

Postby Doug on Fri May 20, 2011 2:19 am

My web page clearly states the reasons why I suspected Kaczynski, namely, that someone of his criminal and psychopathological tendencies (identical to what one would expect of the Tylenol killer) had a base of operations a short distance from the scenes of all the tamperings, and that he experienced extreme frustration in 1982 at not having been able to create a lethal bomb. That's pretty cut-and-dried, I think. Police authorities would be brain-dead not to suspect him or want to obtain a DNA sample or any other practical evidence relating to such a character.

On another note, in a Chicago Sun-Times article, former Illinois Attorney General Tyrone Fahner, who headed the original Tylenol investigation, remarked of the recent developments, "I’m surprised none of us thought of this before ...." http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/5454 ... house.html
Doug
Site Admin

Postby linda on Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 am

Hmm... wonder why they didn't think of this before? When was your initial letter written to the Chicago Police Dept, Doug? Wasn't it early in 2007?
linda

Postby Doug on Fri May 20, 2011 6:18 am

Yes, that was 2007.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby akwilks on Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 pm

I have yet to see the FBI or any newspapers mention the name "AK Wilks" or "Doug Oswell" as the sources for the information!

I have emails that show I first contacted the FBI in 2009, also emails exchanged in 2010 and as recently as April 2011, which is apparently exactly when they first asked Ted for the DNA sample.

The FBI has billions of dollars in their budget, super computers and crime labs. Yet they had Ted in custody since 1996, and it wasn't until I contacted them in 2009 that they started to look at Ted as a suspect! This may be embarassing to them. That is why they may be reluctant to mention me or Doug.

I exchanged emails with Special Agent Tricia Holt, and she then called me on the phone and spoke to me, I think twice. I also spoke on the phone to Special Agent Larry Nagel. And exchanged dozens and dozens of emails with both Holt and Nagel, and the Chicago FBI Office, from 2009 until April 2011. I sent them my 55,000 word research article, an abbreviated version, Doug Oswell's information and research, links to http://www.unazod.com, and dozens of updates with new research discoveries, evidence, information, essays by me, photo comparisons, maps and other items. I answered all questions asked of me.

As far as I know, Doug and I were the only ones to research and develop this theory. With the eventual help of other researchers here at unazod, like Ricardo Gomez, Drew, Linda, AweShucks and several others. Thanks to all who contributed!

As far as I know, and based on what I was told, I was the only person to contact the FBI with information and evidence pointing to Kaczynski as a Tylenol Murders suspect.

So I do hope they will publicly give credit.

There is also the matter of the Johnson & Johnson reward for information leading to an arrest and/or conviction. We may be a long way from that, may never get there, but Doug and I have worked on this for several years, and it is proper to give credit where it is due. I have sent letters to the FBI and Johnson & Johnson indicating that if the information I sent leads to an arrest and conviction, any reward should be split between myself, AK Wilks, and Doug Oswell.

I know, it will probably take a miracle!

Of course, the smudge on the tainted Tylenol bottle containing DNA could be from a clerk, shipper or customer. But the FBI seems to think it is from the killer. If it is from the killer, I think it WILL match Ted Kaczynski.

----- ----- ----- -----

I see in his legal motion Ted stated he "never even possessed potassium cyanide." To "possess" something implies purchase and/or ownership. So that may be literally true but very deceptive.

Please remember that his neighbor Chris Waits did silver and gold prospecting, and used CYANIDE to do this. Chris had a garage and outdoor area where he stored tools and supplies, and he let Ted have free access to this area. This area would have had cyanide in it. I suggested to the FBI that they might wish to interview Chris Waits on this subject.

ALSO:

On page 47 of the book Unabomber: The Secret Life Of Ted Kaczynski by Chris Waits and Dave Shors, Waits relates how he told Ted about an old deserted gold mine shaft, and how there was equipment, supplies and a few gold flakes left there. Waits told Ted how to prospect for silver and gold. We know Cyanide is used in gold mining. He states Ted did likely go there and notes several items found in the FBI inventory of Ted's cabin suggesting he did go there, including:

FBI Inventory # L60 - Container of white powder

Cyanide, of course, is a white powder.
akwilks

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates