The 1982 - 1986 Tylenol Murders and Unabomber Ted Kaczynski

Re: Revised Article:Who was the Tylenol Killer of 1982 and 1986?

Postby AweShucks on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm fairly certain there is no video? We would have a better photo if so. The system they had probably was an intermittent photo system that took a snapshot at certain intervals "every 5 -10 sec?" Video at the time was fairly primitive and expensive.
AweShucks

Postby KITE on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:18 pm

As far as the picture--I don't know. Obviously I'm not going to say it must be Kaczynski but conversely I would not necessarily be distracted if I were leaning towards Ted as possibly being involved. It is actually what I would expect concerning the latter in that Ted would, in all likelihood, take to a disguise if this scenario was his. Let's, in theory, calling this man unknown, imagine the sort of disguise, the sort of look(as guided by the picture)that this individual might seek to capture. Perhaps a sort of older pharmacist type of look that would make customers perhaps not look twice upon the sight of the man handling pills. And then maybe there's a puffed up nature to his appearance perhaps masking the feel a witness would get for his true weight. And finally, maybe this is just me and also consider the blur to the photo, the man appears to have flat, deadpan eyes.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 am

I did a You Tube video of Ted K. pictures with sketches from Santa Barbara beach murder, Zodiac, other Z like unsolved murders and Tylenol at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dszK9vSN ... re=channel

I did a slight change on the picture strip put together by AweShucks and myself. I desaturated it to give it a more consistent B & W look for comparison purposes.
Attachments
Possible Tylenol Suspect Chicago 1982- Ted 1985 B & W.jpg
Possible Tylenol Suspect Chicago 1982- Ted 1985 B & W.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Guess they are STILL going after Lewis:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaki ... lling.html

The only thing good about this is it tends to confirm that they do have some DNA in the case, as I mentioned was likely the case in some of my other posts.

Interestingly, I got an email from the FBI on the Tylenol case very recently.

Can't reveal what it says, and it was nothing major. But I do have some reason to believe that they are also continuing to look at Kaczynski as a suspect in this case. Though perhaps not at the priority level I think he deserves, based on the evidence.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 pm

I honestly don't know how seriously the FBI and Police are taking Ted as a suspect. They tell me virtually nothing, so I have no idea if they have found evidence tending to incriminate him on Tylenol or perhaps tending to absolve him.

They clearly seem to still be focused on Lewis, though at the time they said it was all but impossible for him to have gone to Chicago to do it. Witness statements, records and security camera footage placed him and his wife in NY, and they found no car, train, bus or train records otherwise. No physical trace of Cyanide was found on Lewis, his home or his things. Perhaps they have new evidence.

I think they do consider Ted at least somewhat of a suspect - unless they are completely playing me, but don't know why they would bother - on the basis of the phone calls to me, emails, questions, etc. But who knows?

The only good thing here is this does show they likely have DNA. I have that from another source as well. It is said they found a smudge on the tampered products, and within that smudge is DNA. Of course they can't say 100% that DNA is from the killer, but it certainly could be. While it can take weeks to get full DNA back, preliminary results can come in 48 to 72 hours. Lewis has given his DNA per court order, so it seems the FBI will know in a few days if he can be EXCLUDED, though full inclusion will take weeks. I could be wrong, but I don't think Lewis did it, so I think in a few days they will know that is NOT his DNA, and perhaps at that time they may consider Ted far more seriously as a suspect, and pursue the investigation of him as a suspect in a more aggressive way. We can only hope.
akwilks

Postby AweShucks on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 pm

The FBI is so deep in going after Lewis they would look absolutely foolish to suddenly openly consider TJK. I still think they know much more about Ted than they let off. it is very possible they are playing you to make sure you don't know too much.
AweShucks

Postby akwilks on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 pm

More than 72 hours have now passed since the FBI obtained the DNA of James Lewis and his wife.

48 to 72 hours is the turn around time for preliminary results to be obtained from DNA, if given priority. Full results can take weeks. But it is likely that today the FBI learned if the Lewis DNA matches the suspect DNA they have in the Tylenol case.

I have attached some pictures of the victims. Brings home the loss of life in this case.
Attachments
Tylenol Victims Chicago 1982.jpg
Tylenol Victims Chicago 1982.jpg (31.22 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 am

It turns out that there is indeed suspect DNA in the 1982 Chicago Tylenol Murders. It comes from a "smudge" on or in a tampered bottle. Of course it may or may not be from the actual Tylenol Murderer. Suspect James Lewis gave up his DNA several weeks ago - the FBI has now surely seen the preliminary results, and as no indictment has come against Lewis, it would appear his DNA did NOT match the suspect DNA in the Tylenol case. There were Cyanide deaths in 1984 and 1986 when Lewis was in prison as well.

Ted Kaczynski's family home in Lombard, Illinois is within 20 minutes of all the 1982 Chicago area Tylenol tampering sites, at the exact epicenter in fact. And in July 1982 - the possible "test run" for the September Chicago murders - a man named Jay Mitchell was killed by Cyanide tainted Tylenol right by the Wyoming - Montana border.

I am hoping this DNA development spurs the police and FBI to get the DNA testing on Kaczynski done, so that he hopefully can be strongly ruled in (or out) for Tylenol, Zodiac and other crimes. California investigators, on both Zodiac and EAR/ONS, are seeking DNA and other evidence related to Ted K as well.

I have speculated on a possible link between the Zodiac Killer and the Tylenol Murderer.

The Zodiac Killer said in one of his later letters that his future killing would be disguised as "routine robberies, killings of anger, + a few fake accidents, etc,", which fits the Tylenol Murders. At first, many of the 1982 and 1986 Tylenol and Cyanide deaths were thought to be of natural causes, accidental overdoses, suicides or killings by family members. Zodiac was also suspected of killing a woman in Sonoma County, California named Caroline Davis by Strychnine poison, and in perhaps the first ever case of product tampering, the Fall 1969 sickening of a Martinez, California man named Daniel Williams of BUSH Street who drank Arsenic put into a Seven Up soda pop bottle. In 1984 tax auditor Thomas Dresser of Manitowoc, Wisconsin would die after drinking from a Coca - Cola bottle with Cyanide placed in it. An item found in Kaczynski's cabin indicated he may have visited Manitowoc, Wisconsin to obtain a potassium chemical that can be used to make Cyanide and is poisonous.

Zodiac exhibited an interest in "killing from a distance" - threatening both sniper and bomb attacks. Poisoned products would fit this type of killing as well.

Morf informed me that his research found that in the Fall of 1972, someone sent food products filled with Cyanide to persons in the Sacramento area, with a message that if the "killer" responsible for the Vietnam War was re-elected, these Cyanide filled products would be put on store shelves. At this time period, Kaczynski was known to spend most of the cold weather months outside Montana, often in California, and was particularly known to frequent the Northern California area in general and the Sacramento area in particular. So in 1972, just as in 1969, 1982, 1984 and 1986, areas were it is proven or suspected Kaczynski was at experienced Cyanide tampering incidents.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Just a close up of the man photographed watching Paula Prince buy the tainted Tylenol that killed her and a larger picture of Ted Kaczynski.
Attachments
Ted Kaczynski 1985.jpg
Ted Kaczynski 1985.jpg (16.22 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
Possible Tylenol Suspect.jpg
Possible Tylenol Suspect.jpg (16.92 KiB) Viewed 4050 times
Photo of Man Watching Paula Prince Purchase Tylenol.jpg
Photo of Man Watching Paula Prince Purchase Tylenol.jpg (123.39 KiB) Viewed 4009 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Picture of Tylenol Murders suspect 1982 and Ted Kaczynski 1981.
Attachments
Ted Kaczynski Bearded 1981.jpg
Ted Kaczynski Bearded 1981.jpg (14.52 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Possible Tylenol Murders Suspect 1982.jpg
Possible Tylenol Murders Suspect 1982.jpg (12.63 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
akwilks

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates