A Fresh Look At The Solution Unsolved 18 From Zodiac Code

Re: A Fresh Look At The Solution Unsolved 18 From Zodiac Code

Postby akwilks on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:44 pm

For the first time ever, I think this is how Zodiac meant the last 18 in the first Zodiac Code to be solved. To be solved and shown.

This is a Caesar Code Matrix with 0-3-6-9 shift values, numbers used for their absolute value of distance from zero, with the vertical letter shifts going + or - to produce the name in a consistent manner.

The patterns here are incredible, undeniable and seemingly intended. If this is all pure coincidence, it is on a par with throwing 13 cards up in the air and having 13 land in a sequence of Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K.

In 20 years of interest in the Zodiac case and almost 4 years of intense work on the codes, this is absolutely as amazing as anything I have ever seen, and ranks with the 340 3rd line.

Can anyone look at this and honestly say this name, with these patterns, is pure chance?

Look at THEODORE as one sequence for patterns, and then JKACZYNSKI as another sequence for patterns.

The shift value numbers for THEODORE add up to 33, which appears in that name twice. The shift value numbers for JKACZYNSKI add up to 66 which appears in that name twice.

The sequence of "+" and "-" also has a pattern.

I have a result here that seems incredible. What does it mean?

I am open to alternative explanations, but what are they?

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y...G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B...J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E...M...H...U...W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H...P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K...S....B...O...Q...Q..H....B...E....B..F
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N...V...Y....L...N...N..K....Y...H....Y..C
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q...Y...V....I....K...K..N....V...K....V..Z

+...+...-....+...-...+..+(-...-...+...+)...+...+..-....+....-.....+..+

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q

G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
M...H...U..W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
S....B...O...Q...Q.H....B...E....B..F
V...Y....L...N...N.K....Y...H....Y..C
Y...V....I....K...K.N....V...K....V..Z
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm

This is the "Unolved 18" from the First Zodiac Code as solved by the Harden's, put into a Caesar Code Matrix with 0-3-6-9 shift values, numbers used for their absolute value of distance from zero, with the vertical letter shifts going + or - to produce the name in a consistent manner.

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y...G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B...J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E...M...H...U...W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H...P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K...S....B...O...Q...Q..H....B...E....B..F
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N...V...Y....L...N...N..K....Y...H....Y..C
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q...Y...V....I....K...K..N....V...K....V..Z

+...+...-....+...-...+..+(-...-...+...+)...+...+..-....+....-.....+..+

An excellent post by Jem prompted me to see something in this I never saw before!

Aquiman/thebigZ told me that a key for probabilty studies is CONTINUITY. In other words, does the first name appear bunched together, or is it jumbled up with the last name? If it is jumbled up there is greater probability it could be random. In order to be more impressive it must be continuous or very close to it.

Until this very moment I thought they were jumbled in the unsolved 18, thus the odds are getting 9 out of 18 as a name - in the order of 3% for THEODOREJ and 5% for KACZYNSKI, according to the excellent work by Aqui/bigZ.

Now look at this, and then I will comment afterwords.

---------- ---------- ----------

The name as thus created the following 18 letter string seen beneath it:

T..H..E..O.D..O..R..E..J..K..A..C..Z..Y..N..S..K..I
T..E..H..I..M..I..O..H..P..E..R..T..T..E..E..B..E..I

THEN HE REVERSES THE 18 LETTER STRING AS FOLLOWS - AND COMPARE IT TO THE ACTUAL STRING AT THE END OF THE ZODIAC CODE BELOW IT:

I..K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D..O..E..H..T
I..E..B..E..E..T...T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T

E..B..E..O..R..I..E..T..E..M..E..T..H..H..P..I..T..I

The use of color shows how similar much of the reverse string from the TJK name is to the actual string at the end of the first Zodiac code. It is the exact same 18 letters, some are shuffled, some are in the same sequence, like "E B E" and others:

I..K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D.O..E..H..T
I..E..B..E..E..T..T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T

K..S..N..R..A.I..Y..Z..K..D..H..T..E..E..J..O..C..O

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, until this very moment I thought the names THEODOREJ and KACZYNSKI were totally jumbled. Meaning that in the first 9 letters of the Harden EBE string you might find 4 or 5 for THEODORE and 4 or 5 for KACZYNSKI, and the same for the last 9.

Let us now look at this, I am making THEODOREJ in RED and KACZYNSKI in BLUE:

I..K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D.O..E..H..T
I..E..B..E..E..T..T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T

As Zodiac gives us the 18 letter EBE string, that order, the order solved by the Harden's, we do not merely get the 18 letters of the TJK name, impressive enough, BUT 8 OF THE FIRST 9 LETTERS AS GIVEN BY ZODIAC CAESAR SHIFT TO KACZYNSKI AND 8 OF THE LAST 9 LETTERS CAESAR SHIFT TO THEODOREJ.

Look at it again:

In other words, now we must not only ask is it coincidence that the Unsolved 18 from the First Zodiac Code Caesar shift with 0-3-6-9 values to the name THEODORE J KACZYNSKI, but is it also coincidence and pure chance that of the first 9 letters Zodiac gave us 8 shift to KACZYNSKI and 8 of the 9 last shift to THEODOREJ?
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 am

At http://www.zodiackillersite.forummotion.com a poster named Queen of Clews posted the following, which I found very interesting:

Something to add...forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

This is a quote from a comical 1966 letter from TK to a Lombard neighbor.

He signed it "H. Bascomb Thurgood"

"I have chosen you as my victim...when the first piece is played upside down and backwards,
it spells out the letters of my name, over and over, in varying permutations
taken from the alternating group on 18 letters...."

I find that to be very interesting.

AK Wilks - Doug Oswell had mentioned that Ted had created a musical piece (perhaps for trombone?) that hid the "18 letters" of his name, which confirmed that Ted viewed his name as having 18 letters the way he spelled it (Theodore J. Kaczynski), but I had not seen the quote above, which gives a little more detail, and I had not seen that alias of "H. BASCOMB THURGOOD". Thanks for posting that! Is there a further puzzle in the alias? "BOMB GOOD" leaps out at me...also THOR GOD. In fact, I have to check, but the first line of the Zodiac 340 has some of those same letters I think.

Most importantly, perhaps, it shows that Ted was into playing games, codes and puzzles with hiding his 18 letter name and daring people to find it, something it seems the Zodiac also did.
akwilks

Postby KITE on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm

That is very interesting. As you mentioned, BOMB is found in the first name, and Thurgood is close to Thor God. If we look at the Thurgood name as possibly name origined to a Norse god of thunder, then I believe this might be possibly relatable to finding BELLOW and BLAST horizontalled to the diagonal BOMB in the 340 cipher. In other words, the possible association of the words THUNDER and BOMB as something similar to the BELLOW of the BLAST. And, keep in mind that THUNDERBOLTS are mentioned in that song. The fictional signature is 16 letters, possibly Caesar shifted from Ted John Kaczynski because the "free" H might make it seem more likely as a "Caesar-shifted" effort?
KITE

Previous

Return to The Zodiac Case