The Missing T and K

The Missing T and K

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:02 pm

Now this, the following that is, is one of the most riveting cryptic recoveries in Zodiac history, at least in my opinion. Now when I say "cryptic recovery", of course I mean, I am referring to one of the many clues left to be found by Zodiac. That's why I say "recovery" and not "discovery" in that Zodiac already knows it's there and "discovery", to me, seems to imply the first recognition of..... something. Maybe I'm just a bit too pedantic, or dead wrong, and only showcasing a bombastic display of diction. But then again, since I'm only assuming Zodiac did intentionally place it there, then perhaps "cryptic possibility" is in fact most apt. That then replaces pedantism with self-doubt. Nevertheless, this "potential cryptic recovery" (LOL) is from the November 8th, 1969 letter/card that begins "I though you would nead a good laugh..." and that's where the missing T and K lay hidden, well sort of. Look again: I though(T) you would (K)nead a good laugh... By spelling need as nead, Zodiac allows for the natural continuation to knead. Now if I'm not mistaken Zodiac's only example of a missing of otherwise forgotten letter is here with THOUGH, in all appearance meant to be THOUGHT. So that automatically draws your attention, and then you wonder why that's not caught in a re-read. Would not Zodiac double-check what he just penned if not sentence by sentence as he's writing, but at the least upon completion? Would he miss it again in a re-read? So that's a very curious ponder there. Keep in mind also that "knead dough" is a very commonly used pun. Not long ago, I read something along the lines of "Why did the man rob the bakery store?" He kneaded the dough. So what does Zodiac say "you would knead"?......"a good laugh" Notice "dough" is there: go(OD) la(UGH)=DOUGH. Also you have "nead though" as the crucial words, that rhymes with knead dough. This missing T and K theory of mine has not been expanded on since 1991, so if anyone does see something I may have missed, by all means elaborate.
KITE

Re: The Missing T and K

Postby KITE on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Of course you could imagine my surprise upon the arrest of a suspect in April of >>1996<< with the initials (T and K), when in fact, the preceeding post concerning the missing (T and K) was work completed in >>1991<<. Now of course I'm only willing to talk in terms of coincidences, and that's what this is, afterall, it's not evidence, we're only dealing with a couple of letters that may or may not have been left behind by the real Zodiac. But nevertheless, coincidences do have the tendency to shake you up a bit, put you in a state of awe or so, anyway, that's how it struck me.
KITE

Postby Doug on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Kite, this is really fascinating analysis, not least because it makes a lot of sense and doesn't involve a lot of convoluted extrapolation. Would Kaczynski have done this? His brother claims that when they were spending time together in the '60s they "punned incessantly." Perhaps we should go over Ted's writings and carefully look for similar patterns. Here's something from a letter Ted wrote to a neighbor that sounds intriguing: "I have chosen you as my victim ... when the first piece is played upside down and backwards, it spells out the letters of my name, over and over, in varying permutations taken from the alternating group on 18 letters ...."
Doug
Site Admin

Postby linda on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 am

Doug - if I remember correctly, wasn't this a musical puzzle and the piece was written for his trumpet (think that was the instrument he played)? It would be interesting to find it.
linda

Postby KITE on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 am

I...T...H...O...U...G...H....(T)....Y.....O...U....W....O....U....L....D....(K)....N....E.....A.....D.....A.....G.....O.....O.....D.....L.....A....U....G.....H
.................................(T).....H....E...O....D.....O....R....E....J....(K)....A....C.....Z......Y.....N.....S.....K......I
SOMETHING ADDITIONAL TO CONSIDER. Sorry caps lock still on. Anyway, even the sentence applies to a pun, a pun and a good laugh go together. And didn't Zodiac also use a card with pun included concerning a "DRAGON"- (Sorry to hear your a dragon) along those lines. THOUGH(TK)NEAD. As always, just exercising, connecting 2 separate cases, serial killers, though arguably they are similar qualified by insomuch as we can garner from an unknown yet verbose freely roaming criminal.
KITE

Postby Doug on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:57 pm

linda wrote:Doug - if I remember correctly, wasn't this a musical puzzle and the piece was written for his trumpet (think that was the instrument he played)? It would be interesting to find it.

The only place I've seen the quote is in an epigram used by Donald Foster in his chapter on Kaczynski in "Author Unknown." I assume it was a musical piece. Incidentally, Ted's instrument was the trombone. In "The Mikado," Nanki-Poo goes about disguised as a "Second Trombone."
Doug
Site Admin

Postby Gomez on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:15 am

KITE,

I appreciate your posts!

You noticed the missing T and K.

I am wondering if you noticed the extra "AN" in the Zodiac's communication dated June 26, 1970.

"But now school is out for the summer, so I punished them in an another way."
Gomez

Postby Doug on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:42 am

Gomez, I have looked at that letter perhaps hundreds or thousands of times, and never noticed the additional "an." Fascinating! I can't help but wonder whether it was deliberate, or a peculiarity of the way he might have sought to disguise his writing.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby KITE on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 am

Hey Gomez. Yes, I have noticed "IN AN ANOTHER WAY". It caused me to pause in contemplation and consider the possibility that it is, perhaps, correct English, maybe the mark of higher intelligence/education. I actually still don't know if it is correct. If it is incorrect, a natural error tag is reasonable here (in an other way). It's really self-explanatory? Perhaps upon realization of the error, Zodiac considered it unworthy of correction. Is it a sign that Zodiac writes in one take, no rough draft, no re-read? Was it along the lines of the bad spelling, a misdirection of variation? I went so far as to look for "AN ANOTHER" in The Manifesto, didn't find it, but rather found something rather sound. Look on 83 of The Manifesto. 83 talks of PUNISH and then PUNISHED. And then 84 starts off with "ANOTHER WAY". "Another Way" refers back to the (punish, punished) example, that was one way of satisfying a need for the power process and then "another way" goes on to give another example of power process satisfaction. While this Zodiac letter includes the same: I PROMICED TO PUNISH THEM. SO I PUNISHED THEM IN AN ANOTHER WAY.
KITE

Postby Doug on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:13 am

It might, however, indicate that Zodiac was disguising his handwriting by using some technique such as writing upside-down or backwards; a technique in which he couldn't easily follow what he was doing.
Doug
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Zodiac Case