Halloween Card 10/27/70

Halloween Card 10/27/70

Postby KITE on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:19 pm

I wonder now if I have stumbled across some sort of new Zodiac epiphany or maybe I'm about to sell myself too strong. Anyway it seems to me concerning the Halloween card when one connects the BY FIRE and the unknown symbol on the envelope that most have said resembles MT. DIABLO and since the month is OCTOBER, then there appears to be a clear connection to a hint of ARSON since OCTOBER is the peak month for MT. DIABLO fueled fires in the Bay area dry heat. The 1991 Oakland Hills fire was in October, and one more minor in the seventies.
KITE

Re: Halloween Card 10/27/70

Postby Doug on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Kite, that sounds to me like an idea worth pursuing. If I recall, there was a big arson fire in an abandoned warehouse in Benicia the day after the LHR attack.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Interesting conjecture concerning a possible Zodiac follow-up arson. In hindsight we realize the apparently excitably post-activity Zodiac acted out with a manicly scrawled letter or two full of spite and threatening ire. The apparently self-muted (at that point(December 21, 1968)) Zodiac, one could surmise would need and otherwise utilize an outlet such as arson to fulfill this day-after full-of-himself phase. One could imagine this day-after Zodiac bursting at the breaking point with desire to brag about what he considered to be striking back at the society that only serves to scorn him. This does seem to force one to speculate on just what Zodiac had in mind all along concerning the co-ordination between his violence and letter writing. For example, if he wanted a second violent act before initiating his eventual letter writing campaign, then why wait so long to follow up? Certainly different scenarios are offerable and opted for such as that Zodiac was a traveler or which and whatever else. But I'll forward my best guess in it's simplest form as I see it, and prefer to suggest that the Zodiac was bursting and bubbling over with desire to contact the press and police after December 20th, 1968, but, for whatever reason, he self-muted himself, he opined it was in his best interest to do so at that point. Thus I could very easily imagine the arson as a sort of surrogate for what would eventually be pen to paper.
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:58 pm

I had to edit that post but it simply referred to the possibility that Zodiac might have been warning about arson and/or perhaps already had committed arson, considering what I believe is the somewhat cryptic nature of the Halloween Card. -KITE.
Last edited by KITE on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm

Actually now in considering the totality of the case, one most obviously has to bring up the Bates case to properly gauge Zodiacs penchant for letter writing. I'm of the opinion that Zodiac is responsible for all of the Bates case, and so I feel he most definitely mailed all those '66-'67 letters. That leaves one with a rather odd analysis in that Zodiac takes on the role of spree-letter-writer both before and after the 12/20/69 case. Once again, it comes down to why. But the Bates case does certainly have the potential to throw a wrench into the theory of the sort of budding publicity-seeker, not quite there yet on 12/21/68. On the contrary, one can argue that Zodiac is a sort of seasoned letter sender by '68.
KITE

Postby Doug on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:04 am

Here's another interesting detail regarding the Halloween card. Looking at the lettering on the card, we can see that some of the letters are anomalous, or made to stand out:

In the "By" of "By KNIFE" the "y" stands out because it is in the vertical position under the B, unlike the others, which are horizontal.

Throughout the words, the lower-case "i" stands out because it is lower-case, unlike the other letters, which are capitals.

The upper-case A stands out because it is the point of intersection of PARADICE and SLAVES.

The "C" of PARADICE stands out, because it represents a misspelling.

The "N" of "KNIFE" stands out because it is written backwards.

On the envelope and within the card itself, a "Z" stands out because it is the signature of the Zodiac.

Combined, these letters are YIACNZ. Those are the letters of Kaczynski's name, with the exception of an S and a K. And those two are the first letters of the word SKELETON, which features prominently on the card.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby KITE on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am

That's a very interesting cryptic possibility there, if you ask me, especially with the cards' content of >>>you ache to know my name and so I'll clue you in>>>. Funny, I never really took too close a notice of it but the N, I and Y definitely appear drawn as to draw attention to their "out-of-whackness", let's call it. But if you were to strictly go with the letters Zodiac personally penned I would consider this alternate idea Doug. The out of place "BY", the "Y" is drawn downward to the K, that K ends up placed between the "out-of-whack" Y and N. So the argument there is that the "K" is also highlighted. The final "S" in SLAVES, maybe it's just how I'm seeing it, not sure, but it appears as if everything is structured well with SLAVE but that the final S is placed down a bit as if it stands out. But anyway that could be your K and S, that is if you only went with the letters Zodiac drew. But I definitely want to look over the card some more later. As part of my freewheeling example from the other topic, and that's not implying your cryptic is freewheeling because it's straightforward and the the N,I, and Y are so foundationally obvious that one is obligated to look further, and that's not even to say my future cryptic example is an example of freewheeling, that'll be up for judgment. But, anyway, part of my example was to mention that President Teddy Roosevelt was born on October 27th. That Ted was an outdoorsman/hunter and also our 26th President.
KITE

Postby Doug on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:40 am

There are a number of possibilities, that's for sure. In fact, you could flag the potential S in the substitution of the C in PARADICE, because that would comprise the correct spelling. I simply went with what appeared to be the most obvious.
Doug
Site Admin

Postby KITE on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Is that "K" also lower case? Funny thing is if I gauged it alone, I would say lower case, but compared to Zodiacs writing, maybe not. Let me say this though, If I looked at this totally objectively, in fact let's pretend the Unabomber was never captured, Ted Kaczynski is not really a known name, and it's 2009 and I'm looking at the Zodiac Halloween card for cryptic clues(if I can find 'em). And so I see the backward "N", that's so obviuosly blatant and then so is the out-of-place "Y" and the lower case "i". So a trend is set. What else if anything is out of place? Certainly the "C" in paradise. Okay then, we have NIYC(S), and the "S" that should be in paradice, I'll place as a maybe in parentheses. Anything else? Well nothing necessarily striking, but let me continue with the theme and isolate any letter that is out of the norm. Okay the "Z" near the Zodiac symbol because Zodiac never? or rarely ever? did that. NIYC(SZ). Okay that "K" could also be lower case. NIYC(SZK). Nothing else really but wait, okay, the "A" too because it's the only letter used twice (for slaves and paradice). NIYC(SZKA). That's all I can find. NIYCSZKA, that is unless someone sees something else.
KITE

Postby Doug on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:57 pm

That's what I see too, Kite. Even going only by the characters that really jump out at you, without extrapolation, you've got something highly suspicious as it applies to Kaczynski. I can only shake my head and keep reminding myself that the fingerprints didn't match.
Doug
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Zodiac Case