Possible Zodiac And/Or TJK Link To Original Night Stalker?

Possible Zodiac And/Or TJK Link To Original Night Stalker?

Postby akwilks on Thu May 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Most of us here suspect TJK of being the Zodiac, with crimes from approximately 1966 to 1971, or at most 1973-1974. And we know TJK did crimes as FC, aka the Unabomber, with a few from 1978 to 1984, then in earnest from 1985 until capture in 1996. Did he take the time period of 1974 until 1984 off? Doubtful.

The Vasilia Ransacker/East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker did crimes from the mid seventies until 1986. The murders were from 1979 until 1981, with one more in 1986. The E channel special on the ONS just showed a Cryptic Poem sent by EAR/ONS. It may be nothing, it may have been sent by a crank. But authorities apparently thought it was from the real criminal. And I think it should be examined. What do poeple think? Does the poem have any similarities to Zodiac? To Kaczynski? To another criminal?

I have a POI in the EAR/ONS case. He is a convicted murderer with a genius level IQ. This POI, Kaczynski, once used a code system where the LAST letter in each line was part of a code. Here is what can be seen from the poem, with the last letter then posted at the end in caps.

Zodiac wrote a letter, based on lines from an opera, about putting names on a "little list. And the patterned repeats using the last letter of each line holds true.

Excitement's Crave

All those mortal's surviving birth
Upon facing maturity,
Take inventory of their worth
To prevailing society.

Choosing values becomes a task;
Oneself must seek satisfaction.
The selected route will unmask
Character when plans take action

Accepting some work to perform
At fixed pay, but promise for more,
Is a recognized social norm,
As is decorum, seeking lore.

Achieving while others lifting
Should be cause for deserving fame.
Leisure tempts excitement seeking,
What's right and expected seems tame.

"Jessie James" has been seen by all,
And "Son of Sam" has an author.
Others now feel temptations call.
Sacramento should make an offer.

To make a movie of my life
That will pay for my planned exile.
Just now I'd like to add the wife
Of a Mafia lord to my file.

Your East Area Rapist
And deserving pest
See you in the press or on T.V.

The Zodiac has long been mentioned by writers and investigators of the EAR/ONS as a suspect. Both sometimes attacked lone females, but both usually killed male/female couples. Both used a flashlight to blind their victims, had pre-cut lengths of rope, ordered the female to tie the male, wore a hood, targeted mostly middle class suburban areas, picked beautiful women usually dark haired, were never caught, exhibited high intelligence and planning, played games with the police and media, and sent in cryptic and perhaps coded messages. Key difference: No overt sex in the Z crimes; rape in the EAR/ONS crimes. Either Z evolved into overt sexual violence, which is certainly possible, or Z is not EAR/ONS.

Theodore Kaczynski has been mentioned as a Zodiac suspect. Kacsynski lived in the SF Bay area during the time of the Zodiac murders. Both Zodiac and Kaczynski were ruthless killers, highly intelligent, interested in bombs and codes, made references to opera, demanded their words be published on the front pages of newspapers on penalty of death for innocents if not done, both threatened to bomb mass transit, both left drawings of crossed lines inside circles at crime scenes, both sent taunting letters to police and victims, both were filled with hatred and a desire for revenge against society. See http://unazod.com

Kaczynski matches the description of EAR/ONS. Kaczynski was 34 in 1976, but looked younger. In 1987, when he was 45, witnesses who saw him plant a bomb described him as 25 to 30, which is 15 to 20 years younger than he was. Kaczynski was 5' 9" tall, 150 to 160 pounds, strawberry dirty blonde to medium brown hair, thin but wiry athletic build, had a white 1970's model Pontiac, an early 1950's Chevy pick up truck, later was known to ride BIKES everywhere, often did crimes with a nature theme, such as victims, streets, cities or other tie ins to water, animals, trees, wood, etc. Kaczynski put tree parts and twigs in many of his bombs; EAR/ONS left wood matches at some scenes, and beat one couple to death with a wood log.

There are many other points of interest, and some differences as well. I have given much of this (but not yet the possible code, which may be too speculative at this point) to authorities, and I do have reason to think that Kaczynski DNA will eventually be checked against the suspected EAR/ONS DNA.

I think it could be him. But time will tell.

NOTE: The themes of this poem also reflect writings of Kaczynski. What do others think?

ONS is described as 5' 9" - 5' 11", 150 to 160 pounds, sandy blonde to light brown hair, blue eyes, thought to have a naturally high pitched voice he tried to disguise, after attacks gave taunting messages to victims, wore military surplus clothes and boots, rode a bicycle, owned an early 1950's pick up truck and a white Pontiac - all of which is also true of Ted K.

At possible Z crime Santa Barbara beach murder of Domingos and Edwards, some of the Sonoma and Northern California murders and ONS, we have the use of complex nautical knots.

And ONS gave this one taunting letter - a poem actually - to the media and police. The poem mentions adding victims to "his file" - a similarity to the Bates killer writing a morbid poem and the Zodiac "little list". The poem also references a poem about an American Revolutionary War hero, Francis Marion the "Swamp Fox", which is in keeping with Zodiac stamps and references to American Presidents, Patriots and Revolutionaries. The Swamp Fox is credited with inventing guerrilla warfare, hiding in the forest trees and then coming out for sneak attacks - though the British write about him as a terrorist, rapist and thief.

SEE YOUTUBE VIDEO HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dszK9vSN ... re=channel

PICTURES:

First is sketch #2 of "Sandy", possible suspect in the Santa Barbara beach murders of Domingos and Edwards, cicrca 1963, side by side with the Sonoma Zodiac sketch, circa 1970(?).

Second is Ted K. 1970's with ONS 1978

Third is Ted K. 1960's with ONS 1978
Last edited by akwilks on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
akwilks

Re: Possible Zodiac And/Or TJK Link To Original Night Stalker?

Postby akwilks on Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Doug - I would be interested to know what you think, if anything, of the words, ideas and themes in the poem, and how they reflect or don't reflect TJK, or any other criminal suspect you may think of. It does bring to mind some elements of his writing - in the Manifesto, he talked about something like the "power principle", goal oriented behavior, hedonism and some other topics with some connection to the poem. The poem reveals a contempt for those who work in the everyday industrial commercial world.

Whoever the EAR/ONS was, he was not your typical high school drop out criminal thug. Advanced words are used here. How many people, other than those with a graduate school education, use words like "social norm" and "decorum"?

Of course it may also be intersting to subject the last letters to a Caesar Code analysis - but it seems like a coherent message is there on its own.
Attachments
Ted 1981 - Original Night Stalker 1986.jpg
Ted 1981 - Original Night Stalker 1986.jpg (24.44 KiB) Viewed 8367 times
Ted 1985 - Original Night Stalker 1986 (Right).jpg
Ted 1985 - Original Night Stalker 1986 (Right).jpg (29.52 KiB) Viewed 8434 times
Last edited by akwilks on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
akwilks

Postby linda on Thu May 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi, AK... I watched the show last night and based on description of crimes, the sexual assaults on the women and the description/sketch of the assailant (aging him as young as 19 - mid 20's), don't really think that this would be TK... I think that by 1978, Ted was focusing on his anti-technology campaign. Of course, just my opinion, but I think if Ted was involved in something like this, I think we'd see more communication, taunting, etc...
linda

Postby akwilks on Thu May 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Good points. Keep in mind, there was more than one rapist operating in Northern California at the time, and at least one was thought to be an EAR/ONS copycat. The first descriptions of the EAR were 25 to 35. Then some came that said early to mid twenties. TJK turned 35 on May 22, 1977, but he looked younger, I would say he often looked 25 to 30. In 1987 the witnesses who saw him plant a bomb in Utah said he was 25 to 30 - actually he was 45! So they thought he was 15 to 20 years younger than he was! Witness descriptions can be tricky - look at the Zodiac sightings by the Stine murder scene. The teens said 25 to 30 (which would fit TJK who was 27 at the time), but the cops said 35 to 45! Did they see the same person?

The sex element is different. If TJK was EAR/ONS, this was more about satisfying his blood lust and sexual lust, than it would be his campaign against the technological society.

Put it this way: Based on everything I know and believe, I am 95 to 98% sure TJK was the Zodiac, 90 to 95% sure he was the Tylenol Killer, and maybe 65% sure he could be the EAR/ONS.

But I can tell you, without letting too much be known, the DNA of Kaczynski WILL be compared to the suspected EAR/ONS DNA. I am very pleased about this! Whoever the EAR/ONS was, he was apparently never arrested for a sex crime or murder anywhere in the US. Because the suspected EAR/ONS DNA has been checked against the almost 5,000,000 entries in CODIS.

Isn't the DNA of convicted killer Kaczynski also in CODIS? From some research I have done, apparently not. Federal law at the time only required, and it seems only allowed, for persons convicted of certain federal crimes, like rape, robbery or murder, to have DNA put into CODIS. TJK did kill three human beings, but he pled guilty to "use of an explosive device to cause injury or death", not to murder. It seem it wasn't until the Patriot Act of 2004 that terrorist and explosives crimes were mandated to cause DNA collection and inclusion in CODIS.
akwilks

Postby Doug on Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 pm

AK, whenever I hear of a famous string of unsolved murders, my mind at once turns to Kaczynski and the possibility of his involvement. I'm convinced that Ted was involved in a lot of things outside his role as the Unabomber. However, in the case of EAR-ONS, I've never been able to work up much excitement about Ted as a possible suspect. EAR-ONS has too much flavor of the classical recreational killer, or someone who kills as a form of stimulation, sexual or otherwise. There's simply way too much direct contact with the victims, calculated to afford the killer direct personal gratification, as opposed to Kaczynski, whose primary purpose was to achieve vengeance against classes of people whom he envied, and who (even in an assumed role as the Zodiac) was content simply to kill his victims, as opposed to playing with them. Moreover, there are simply too many physical disparities to make me think that Kaczynski could have been involved. Logistically, too, it would have been exceedingly difficult for Kaczynski to have undergone the elaborate stalking and staking out of areas that we see associated with EAR-ONS. And at least one set of killings in Southern California in May/June of 1978 would give us a situation similar to that of Gaikowski in Europe, since they occurred during a time when Ted had no personal means of transportation and had just started a new job in Lombard where it would have been very awkward for him to go back-and-forth from the Chicago Area to Southern California on a repeat basis. Add to that the fact that Kaczynski does not have a commanding presence in any kind of social situation, such as EAR-ONS undoubtedly possessed.

EAR-ONS, though, is a fascinating case in its own right, and moreover, it has the added attraction of making a person's flesh crawl!
Doug
Site Admin

Postby akwilks on Thu May 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Interesting and valid points.

But there were no MURDERS that happened when TJK was known to be in Chicago. In fact, the periods where we know TJK was in Chicago generally match periods were there was a LULL in EAR/ONS activity.

There are a lot of things that DON'T match with Z and/or TJK. I fully admit that. Yet I have some intangible feeling it may be him. That his long surpressed sexual desires finally erupted in a horrifying way.

Time will tell, and it may tell fairly soon, if TJK was involved with this.

Take another look at the poem...something about it interests me. And there are clearly patterned repeats put in as the last letters of each line, regardless of whether my possible code solution is right or wrong. The mind of the EAR/ONS was intelligent, taunting, deviant, violent and rage filled.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 am

FULL POEM

Excitement's Crave

All those mortal's surviving birth
Upon facing maturity,
Take inventory of their worth
To prevailing society.

Choosing values becomes a task;
Oneself must seek satisfaction.
The selected route will unmask
Character when plans take action

Accepting some work to perform
At fixed pay, but promise for more,
Is a recognized social norm,
As is decorum, seeking lore.

Achieving while others lifting
Should be cause for deserving fame.
Leisure tempts excitement seeking,
What's right and expected seems tame.

"Jessie James" has been seen by all,
And "Son of Sam" has an author.
Others now feel temptations call.
Sacramento should make an offer.

To make a movie of my life
That will pay for my planned exile.
Just now I'd like to add the wife
Of a Mafia lord to my file.

Your East Area Rapist
And deserving pest
See you in the press or on T.V.

That gives us:

HY HY KN KN ME ME GE GE LR LR EE EE RTAT TV
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri May 08, 2009 11:56 am

If there is significance to the patterned repeats at the end of lines and capitalized words in the title and closing sign off, it gives us these letters:

HY HY KN KN ME ME GE GE LR LR EE EE RTAT TV

Out of those letters, you can get:

TELL MY NAME HERE GET REVENGE THER SKKY

Among the left over letters, you can get:

THE_ _ _ R_ K _ _ _ Y_SK _
The letters missing from the name of my POI, who did once use a code system consisting of last letters of lines, are:

O D O E A C Z N I

Which can spell:

ONE Z O D I A C or NEO ZODIAC

Coincidence? I don't know but I think it may be worthy of further study.

The words and themes show intelligence. How many people without a graduate education use (or even know) words like "social norm" and "decorum"?
Last edited by akwilks on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
akwilks

Postby Doug on Fri May 08, 2009 3:50 pm

I use words like that, and I haven't even got an undergraduate degree. But that's just me! :)
Doug
Site Admin

Postby akwilks on Fri May 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, present company excluded!

Whoever this monster was, he was more intelligent and creative the your average thug rapist. Yet he was absolutely brutal.
akwilks

Next

Return to The Zodiac Case