Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Re: Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Postby akwilks on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 pm

One thing I have been wondering is if there are more backward messages in the 340 code.

Perhaps it is just coincidence, but we do see above that there is a backwards read of HE SET LAST BOOT, which leads into the forward I GIVE THEM HELL TOO. Keeping in mind the numerous restraint words - BARS LEASH STALLS TIES BALL plus TAKE LOSE - and the animal words, when I first saw this possible backward message I thought it might read something like:

HE SET THEM FREE AT LAST

Which might go with the message:

THESE BOMBS SAVE THEM

For a complete message of:

THESE BOMBS SAVE THEM HE SET THEM FREE AT LAST

Perhaps a bit of a play on the famous Martin Luther King Jr. speech, combined with a theme of perhaps not freeing animals as such, but more off an Animal Farm type metaphor, with the idea being to free the humans who are leashed and controlled like animals in the industrialized technological society.

But alas we only have HE SET THEM LAST, unless there are more message fragments we have not yet detected. And I don't understand what BOOT means in this context, so perhaps that is unintended coincidence.

Aside from HE SET LAST BOOT backwards, we also have GAME backwards. Are there other backwards messages? Both in the first stage Graysmith solution or in my Caesar Code 0-3-6-9 shift solution?

The most important backwards message in my Caesar Code second stage to the Graysmith 1986 solution is the name KACZYNSKI. It does essentially appear backwards. Assuming BOOT may just be coincidence and unintended coming off the I GIVE THEM HELL TOO line, we might have Zodiac giving us as backwards messages:

HE SET LAST

GAME

KACZYNSKI

------------ ------------ ------------

L....S....E....*....I....L....U.....E....H....S....T.....H....E....O....L....H....S
S....E....E....A....N..A...M....E....B....W....E.....O....L....L....R....K....E
S....E....I....L.....L....L....F....M....I....A.....P.....I....L....L....S....G....A
E....M....R....N....P....A....O....D....E...M....A....G....P....C....E....T....T
O....A....L....S....T....B....N....E....U...*.....S.....H....B....L....L....E....I
..................S
............I
......L

So we have "LIST" leading to the "T" in "A L S T B", a probable anagram for "BLAST" (a word Zodiac used, something like 'when I have my BLAST'), with the "B" then forming a diagonal "BOMBS". Which leads us to "THEO", then "SEE A NAME". Also we have a key Zodiac word, the backwards "GAME". WHAT IS THE PROBABILITY OF SO MANY RELEVANT WORDS COMING OUT OF A RANDOM LETTER MATRIX?

What follows below is very likely the correct solution to the mystery of the 9 letters around the THEO...SEE A NAME section of the decode, and it follows code principles and is mathematically consistent, and produces a stunning result. Note that the name KACZYNSKI has THREE syllables, each which is THREE letters long - KAC, ZYN and SKI. Backwards they are CAK, NYZ and IKS.

What is stunning and defies probability is not just that the full name appears, but HOW it appears. It seems to have been seeded into the code, with KAC appearing backwards as CAK, then SKI appearing backwards as IKS, with ZYN appearing slightly scrambled as a Z then backwards as NY, with THEO right in the middle, all appearing right before SEE A NAME.

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S
F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J
akwilks

Postby KITE on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:04 pm

To have a backward SET is interesting because of its proximity to the diagonal BOMB and that it follows BTSAL=BLAST. Zodiac used to word SET several times referring to the bomb such as saying that the map and code would tell where the bomb was set, or that he would lose control and set the bomb up. Following a basic upward reading of the 340 starting with the diagonal reading of BOMB, what about the possibility of: (BOMB: FNDI W THEO SET LASTB). Unscrambled or otherwise decoded as: (Bomb: Find Where Theo Set Blast). The possible idea is that the backward reading could also involve anagrams. HESETLASTB could be also HE SET BLAST. That's a different way of using SET but Zodiac used it that way also, if I'm not mistaken, something about.....and set it off and it will positively.... Speaking of the diagonal finding of the word BOMB in the 340. Consider how unlikely the word BOMB would form diagonally by chance, considering the limited use of the letter B in the 340. Isn't B used around only 5 times and 2 of them are for the word, blast.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:54 pm

I agree, to have a backwards "HE SET" followed by an anagram for "BLAST" is most strange.

It matches the anagram for "BLAST" in which the "B" there forms a diagonal "BOMBS" and the "T" there provides the end for a diagonal "LIST".

Zodiac 340 Solution Marked LIST BOMBS THEO HE SET BLAST.jpg
Zodiac 340 Solution Marked LIST BOMBS THEO HE SET BLAST.jpg (94.03 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:30 am

Speaking of possible backward reading cryptics: Line 6 starts EMRNPAODEMAG. With that you have a skip-a-letter POE(PAODE) with the last E starting a diagonal ascension reading of EA POE. You also have straight readings of POEM and ODE. But here's another possibility. Switch the first letter A with the R and you have EMANPRODEMAG. So what does that do? First it gives you a skip-a-letter of EAPOE(EMANPRODE) that leads to the diagonal EA POE. Second, it gives you a backward reading of EMANPRODEMAG(backward) = GAME DORP NAME. Almost in order: GAME DROP NAME. Interesting too because the switching of letters does not alter any of the other possibly hidden cryptics, if I'm not mistaken. In other words, the diagonally EAPOE could lead to noticing that with a switch of 2 letters, you can also have a horizontal skip-a-letter reading of EAPOE(leading to the diagonal) and by doing that switching of letters, a backward reading of Game Drop Name is revealed, combined with SEE A NAME, and maybe you're supposed to be looking for a name here in the 340 cipher?
KITE

Postby akwilks on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Kite - Yes looking at EMRNPAODEMAG I do see a potential GAME DROP NAME. Which ties into the SEE A NAME on the 4th line, which is right after the amazing THEO and the Caesar shifted KACZYNSKI on the 3rd line.

Communication from Aquiman/thebigZ -

He has been doing more on the probability analysis of the Kite and Wilks proposed code solutions, also looking at what I suggested to him were other factors that tend to show the results are likely beyond probabilty. His initial reports are that new results are right on the fine line between "solution indicating results well beyond random chance" and "solution interesting but still within low to moderate probability of random chance."

If I understand him correctly.

Remember his results so far are showing that getting a name like THEODORE J KACZYNSKI in a 0-3-6-9 Casesar matrix would only happen randomly about 5 to 7 % of the time, with the result showing THEO KACZYNSKI in the third line of my proposed 340 solution happening by chance only about 0.5% of the time, or "one half of one percent".

Thanks again to thebigZ for doing this work, and hopefully he will have results to post soon, be they good, bad, great, mixed or inconclusive.

And Aquiman, if there is one thing I again say to look at, it is this third line of the 340. If I am wrong, I am wrong. But if I am right, this is an amazing result that for all intents and purposes, tells us who the Zodiac was likely to have been. I can see no other logical reason for the name of a Berkeley math professor and future serial killer and bomber to have his name in the Caesar decode of the 340 except that he put it there.

But maybe I am wrong? Or I am missing something?

----- ----- ----- -----

What follows below is very likely the correct solution to the mystery of the 9 letters around the THEO...SEE A NAME section of the decode, and it follows code principles and is mathematically consistent, and produces a stunning result:

The number sequence to solve it is:

9 9 6 6 6 6 - 0 0 0 0 -3 3 0 0 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 0
Z C AK N Y T H E O I K S S E E A N A M E

For the name, that breaks down as 99 6666 0000 33 0. That is clearly NOT random.

That is a number sequence of patterned repeats. Two digits repeat (99), then four digits repeat (6666), then four digits repeat (0000), then two digits repeat (33). Then it finishes off with the last letter of the name (0), and the SEEA is a four digits repeat (0000), and it finishes with yet another four digits repeat for NAME (0000). Amazing!

The letters involve only a very mild anagram application to get the name:

Z - CAK - NY - THEO - IKS

"KAC" appears exactly and perfectly backwards with values of:

"ZYN" has the "YN" part backwards with the "Z" put into place with values of:

"SKI" appears exactly and perfectly backwards with values of:

"THEO" appears as is, normal forward left to right read, with values of:

First Stage Solution - As Given:

9 9 - 6 6 6 6 - 0 0 0 0 - 3 3 - 0 - 0 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 0
Z C - AK N Y - T H E O - I K -S - S E E A - N A M E

Final Solution - Letters Arranged To Spell Last Name:

0 0 0 0 - 6 6 9 9 6 6 0 3 3 - 0 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 0
T H E O - K A C Z Y N S K I - S E E A - N A M E

IN TERMS OF THE AQUIMAN PROBABILITY STUDY RESULTS:

Chance of THEO appearing is 0.069 or 6.9%

Chance of KACZYN appearing is 0.074 or 7.4%

Chance of both appearing in a continuous sequence of code, as they do here, is approx 0.005 or 0.5% or "One half of one percent".

And those odds do NOT take into account HOW the name appears.

What follows below is very likely the correct solution to the mystery of the 9 letters around the THEO...SEE A NAME section of the decode, and it follows code principles and is mathematically consistent, and produces a stunning result. Note that the name KACZYNSKI has THREE syllables, each which is THREE letters long - KAC, ZYN and SKI. Backwards they are CAK, NYZ and IKS.

What is stunning and defies probability is not just that the full name appears, but HOW it appears. It seems to have been seeded into the code, with KAC appearing backwards as CAK, then SKI appearing backwards as IKS, with ZYN appearing slightly scrambled as a Z then backwards as NY, with THEO right in the middle, all appearing right before SEE A NAME.

akwilks

Postby akwilks on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Wow, over 10,000 views and counting!

We may have some new eyes here from the media and law enforcement.

If anyone wants to see an example of how NOT to try to solve a code, check this out, the Tewksbury Code Solver:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/ ... =50&t=1187

In order to understand why I applied a Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 values to the 3rd line of the Graysmith proposed solution to the Zodiac 340 Code, you must understand the breakthrough made by Kite in doing the same to the Unsolved 18 from the first Zodiac Code.

BASICS OF THE CAESAR SHIFT CODE ANALYSIS OF THE ZODIAC CODES WITH THE 0 - 3 - 6 - 9 SHIFT VALUES

In 1969, some 40 years ago, Don and Bettye Harden solved the first Zodiac code. Since that time, the three other codes Zodiac sent to the SF Chronicle have remained unsolved. And the final 18 letters in the first Zodiac code have also remained unsolved.

The rest of the first code solution by the Harden's, and confirmed by the FBI, is coherent - 'I LIKE KILLING...MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL'.

But what on Earth does this mean?

E..B..E..O..R..I..E..T..E..M..E..T..H..H..P..I..T..I

It seems clear that there is at least one more "step" needed to solve the code completely, to solve these last 18 letters. But what is it? And did Zodiac give us a clue as to what it might be?

If the next step involves a number, I thought it would be a number with meaning to the killer. The first probable Zodiac killing was of Cheri Jo Bates, in Riverside, California, on Devil's Night, 10/30/1966. One other killing had similar numbers — the murder of Cecilia Shepard and wounding of Bryan Hartnell on 9/27/1969 at Lake Berryessa. In fact, Zodiac wrote a message on the victims' car door, the last part of which read "Sept 27 1969 6:30."

Zodiac Car Door Sept 27 69 630 Close Up.jpg
Zodiac Car Door Sept 27 69 630 Close Up.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 2160 times

Why write the time 630? Which does not even seem to be the right time of the event?

Looking at the common numbers, with the Bates murder date we have 30 (1)966 and with the door message we have (1)969 630. So we have possible numbers of 30 9 66 and 9 69 6 3 0. So we have common numbers of 0-3-6-9. And in Norse mythology, something we know Zodiac (and Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski) had knowledge of, the numbers 3, 6, 9 and 27 (which is 3 x 9 and also 2 + 7 = 9) have special meaning. And 9 is magic number in math.

Using a clue on the cipher sent by Zodiac, the Phillips 66 Map Code, there is the Zodiac symbol and the numbers 0, 3, 6 and 9.

Zodiac Mt Diablo Phillips 66 Map 0 3 6 9 Written By Zodiac.jpg
Zodiac Mt Diablo Phillips 66 Map 0 3 6 9 Written By Zodiac.jpg (121.22 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

Once again, we have the numbers 0-3-6-9. In the context of the map, one would expect to see N, E, S and W, or perhaps 90, 180, 270, 360.

Could the numbers 0-3-6-9 be a clue, a clue on how to break all the Zodiac codes and the unsolved last 18 letters from the first Zodiac Code?

There is a famous code system that used shifts of 3 letters. It is called a Caesar Code, as it was first used by the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar.

For example, the message ATTACK would be encoded as DWWDFN. The person getting the message DWWDFN would then go backwards (or forwards) in the alphabet three spaces for each letter. Caesar used a shift value of three, but any shift value can be used. From Wiki:

In cryptography, a Caesar cipher, also known as a Caesar's cipher, the shift cipher, Caesar's code or Caesar shift, is one of the simplest and most widely known encryption techniques. It is a type of substitution cipher in which each letter in the plaintext is replaced by a letter some fixed number of positions down the alphabet. For example, with a shift of 3, A would be replaced by D, B would become E, and so on. The method is named after Julius Caesar, who used it to communicate with his generals.

For a quick 10 minute lesson on the Caesar Code, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_code

A variation of a Caesar Code was also used by the Confederate Army — this is a picture of a Confederate decoding wheel, showing "C" lined up with "F", for example, as "F" is three letters after "C".

Confederate Cipher Disc FC.jpg
Confederate Cipher Disc FC.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 2325 times

Theodore Kaczynski signed his Unabomber letters with "FC". If you expand that sequence keeping a 3 letter shift it would be "I F C Z."

Since a classic Caesar Code is fairly easy to break, more complex versions were formed, some keyed to a book passage (Vigenere Cipher) or a sequence of numbers (Gronsfeld Cipher).

Zodiac time and time again gives us the numbers 0, 3, 6 and 9 - if these are clues to the decrypt sequence, then they may reveal the name and message Zodiac encrypted.

So what happens if we apply a Caesar Code analysis to the unsolved 18 from the first Zodiac Code, using the 0-3-6-9 clues Zodiac kept giving us as shift values?

The Harden translation of the last 18 letters;

E..B..E..O..R..I..E..T..E..M..E..T..H..H..P..I..T..I is put in order:

T..E..H..I..M..I..O..H..P..E..R..T..T..E..E..B..E..I

and when the number sequence of:

0 3 3 6 9 6 3 3 6 6 9 9 6 6 9 9 6 0

is applied, these blue letters appear and spell the name:

C...N...Q...R...V...R...X...Q...Y...N...A...C...C...N...N...K...N...R
Z...K...N...O...S...O...U...N...V...K...X....Z...Z...K...K...H...K...O
W..H...K.. L...P....L...R...K...S....H...U...W..W..H...H...E...H...L
T...E...H...I...M...I....O...H....P....E...R...T...T...E...E...B....E...I
Q...B...E...F...J...F....L...E....M....B...O...Q...Q..B...B...Y....B...F
N...Y...B...C...G..C....I....B...J....Y....L...N...N...Y...Y...V....Y...C
K...V...Y...Z...D...Z...F...Y...G....V....I....K...K...V...V...S...V...Z

The above solution code to produce the name

THEODORE J KACZYNSKI is:

0 3 - 3 6 9 6 - 3 3 6 6 9 9 6 6 - 9 9 - 6 0

See the computer probability analysis by Aquiman/thebigZ here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=131

The code work by Zander Kite and myself was dismissed by most of the posters at other Zodiac message boards. The primary reason was the majority of critics said that the Caesar Code method produced so many letters, and thus names, that the discovery of the 18 letter TJK name was totally insignificant. Many posters told me that ANY 18 letters string when Caesar shifted would likely produce the TJK name, thus a "100%" probability"; others said the odds of the TJK name appearing by chance in any 18 letter string were "65% or better", "more the 50%" or "about 50%". And thus, the appearance of the name was not significant. I said that the work of Kite and myself showed that it was not very likely to occur, and that the odds of the TJK name appearing by chance were probably 10% or less, and indeed possibly as low as 5% or less.

Well, we now have for the first time the results of an independent computer study done by a qualified professional who was skeptical of the work, and it shows that the odds are about 3% for "THEODOREJ" to appear, 5% for "KACZYNSKI" to appear and perhaps 1% or less for both to appear. We also see a 0.5% (One Half Of One Percent) chance that THEO KACZYN would appear by chance in a Caesar matrix in the 3rd line of the 1986 Graysmith Zodiac 340 solution.

Aquiman/thebigZ is still working on this and looking at additional factors. Hopefully he will have some more results to post soon.

I am not really claiming that Kite and I have "solved" the codes in a definitive way. I am saying there is an incredible result here, one that defies odds, and one that nobody has yet shown a credible alternative explanation for, other than that this is the correct solution. But I keep an open mind. Show us where we are wrong, if we are wrong.

The 18 letter name THEODORE J KACZYNSKI should NOT apear in the Unsolved 18 from the first Zodiac Code in a systematic way as part of a Ceasar shift. But it does. The name of a code expert, bomb designer and serial killer who was living in the SF Bay area at the time, THEO KACZYNSKI, should not appear in the 3rd line of a 1986 code solution, 10 years before the public knew his name. But it is there anyway. What is going on here? It seems like we have at least a foothold on the solution to the greatest and most puzzling unsolved criminal code in US history. Perhaps we don't, but if we don't, what is a credible and statistically probable alternative explanation?

C...N...Q...R...V...R...X...Q...Y...N...A...C...C...N...N...K...N...R
Z...K...N...O...S...O...U...N...V...K...X....Z...Z...K...K...H...K...O
W..H...K.. L...P....L...R...K...S....H...U...W..W..H...H...E...H...L
T...E...H...I...M...I....O...H....P....E...R...T...T...E...E...B....E...I
Q...B...E...F...J...F....L...E....M....B...O...Q...Q..B...B...Y....B...F
N...Y...B...C...G..C....I....B...J....Y....L...N...N...Y...Y...V....Y...C
K...V...Y...Z...D...Z...F...Y...G....V....I....K...K...V...V...S...V...Z

NOTE: Both "O" 's and both "K" 's appear on same line.

NOTE: Both the first and last letter in name appear on same line.

NOTE: Both "E" 's appear on same line.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:22 pm

For the first time ever, I think this is how Zodiac meant the last 18 in the first Zodiac Code to be solved. To be solved and shown.

This is a Caesar Code Matrix with 0-3-6-9 shift values, numbers used for their absolute value of distance from zero, with the vertical letter shifts going + or - to produce the name in a consistent manner.

The patterns here are incredible, undeniable and seemingly intended. If this is all pure coincidence, it is on a par with throwing 13 cards up in the air and having 13 land in a sequence of Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K.

In 20 years of interest in the Zodiac case and almost 4 years of intense work on the codes, this is absolutely as amazing as anything I have ever seen, and ranks with the 340 3rd line.

Can anyone look at this and honestly say this name, with these patterns, is pure chance?

Look at THEODORE as one sequence for patterns, and then JKACZYNSKI as another sequence for patterns.

The shift value numbers for THEODORE add up to 33, which appears in that name twice. The shift value numbers for JKACZYNSKI add up to 66 which appears in that name twice.

The sequence of "+" and "-" also has a pattern.

I have a result here that seems incredible. What does it mean?

I am open to alternative explanations, but what are they?

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y...G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B...J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E...M...H...U...W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H...P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K...S....B...O...Q...Q..H....B...E....B..F
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N...V...Y....L...N...N..K....Y...H....Y..C
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q...Y...V....I....K...K..N....V...K....V..Z

+...+...-....+...-...+..+(-...-...+...+)...+...+..-....+....-.....+..+

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q

G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
M...H...U..W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
S....B...O...Q...Q.H....B...E....B..F
V...Y....L...N...N.K....Y...H....Y..C
Y...V....I....K...K.N....V...K....V..Z
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

This is the "Unolved 18" from the First Zodiac Code as solved by the Harden's, put into a Caesar Code Matrix with 0-3-6-9 shift values, numbers used for their absolute value of distance from zero, with the vertical letter shifts going + or - to produce the name in a consistent manner.

C...N...Y...R...D...R...X...Y...G...N...A...C...C...V...N...S...N...R
Z...K...B...O...G...O...U...B...J...K...X...Z...Z...Y....K...V...K...O
W...H...E...L...J...L...R...E...M...H...U...W..W..B....H...Y...H...L
T...E...H...I....M...I...O...H...P...E...R....T...T..E....E....B...E...I
Q...B...K...F...P...F...L...K...S....B...O...Q...Q..H....B...E....B..F
N...Y...N...C...S...C...I...N...V...Y....L...N...N..K....Y...H....Y..C
K...V...Q...Z...V...Z...F..Q...Y...V....I....K...K..N....V...K....V..Z

+...+...-....+...-...+..+(-...-...+...+)...+...+..-....+....-.....+..+

An excellent post by Jem prompted me to see something in this I never saw before!

Aquiman/thebigZ told me that a key for probabilty studies is CONTINUITY. In other words, does the first name appear bunched together, or is it jumbled up with the last name? If it is jumbled up there is greater probability it could be random. In order to be more impressive it must be continuous or very close to it.

Until this very moment I thought they were jumbled in the unsolved 18, thus the odds are getting 9 out of 18 as a name - in the order of 3% for THEODOREJ and 5% for KACZYNSKI, according to the excellent work by Aqui/bigZ.

Now look at this, and then I will comment afterwords.

---------- ---------- ----------

The name as thus created the following 18 letter string seen beneath it:

T..H..E..O.D..O..R..E..J..K..A..C..Z..Y..N..S..K..I
T..E..H..I..M..I..O..H..P..E..R..T..T..E..E..B..E..I

THEN HE REVERSES THE 18 LETTER STRING AS FOLLOWS - AND COMPARE IT TO THE ACTUAL STRING AT THE END OF THE ZODIAC CODE BELOW IT:

I..K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D..O..E..H..T
I..E..B..E..E..T...T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T

The use of color shows how similar much of the reverse string from the TJK name is to the actual string at the end of the first Zodiac code. It is the exact same 18 letters, some are shuffled, some are in the same sequence, like "E B E" and others:

I..K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D.O..E..H..T
I..E..B..E..E..T..T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T

K..S..N..R..A.I..Y..Z..K..D..H..T..E..E..J..O..C..O

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, until this very moment I thought the names THEODOREJ and KACZYNSKI were totally jumbled. Meaning that in the first 9 letters of the Harden EBE string you might find 4 or 5 for THEODORE and 4 or 5 for KACZYNSKI, and the same for the last 9.

Let us now look at this, I am making THEODOREJ in RED and KACZYNSKI in BLUE:

As Zodiac gives us the 18 letter EBE string, that order, the order solved by the Harden's, we do not merely get the 18 letters of the TJK name, impressive enough, BUT 8 OF THE FIRST 9 LETTERS AS GIVEN BY ZODIAC CAESAR SHIFT TO KACZYNSKI AND 8 OF THE LAST 9 LETTERS CAESAR SHIFT TO THEODOREJ.

Look at it again:

In other words, now we must not only ask is it coincidence that the Unsolved 18 from the First Zodiac Code Caesar shift with 0-3-6-9 values to the name THEODORE J KACZYNSKI, but is it also coincidence and pure chance that of the first 9 letters Zodiac gave us 8 shift to KACZYNSKI and 8 of the 9 last shift to THEODOREJ?
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Looking at the shift string produced from the TJK name and reversed, that we saw above, I am going to do ONE THING to it - take the "I" at the start and move it to the end. Look what that produces:

Becomes:

K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D.O..E..H..T..I
E..B..E..E..T..T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T..I

Now look at how many matches we see, at how much the Caesar shifted string that produces the TJK name, when reversed and the "I" switched from start to finish, looks like the actual string we see at the end of the First Zodiac Code, the unsolved 18, in the order given by Zodiac, just slightly shuffled.

Now look at how many matches we see, at how much the Caesar shifted string that produces the TJK name, when reversed and the "I" switched from start to finish, looks like the actual string we see at the end of the First Zodiac Code, the unsolved 18, in the order given by Zodiac, just slightly shuffled.

We have two strings - the 18 letter TJK Caesar shifted name string reversed with the "I" switched AND the 18 letter unsolved 18 from the FirstZodiac Code in the order given by Zodiac. BOTH start with "EBE" and finish with "TI". Both have rough groupings of "ORIETE" and "METHHPI", just shuffled differently and slightly broken up.

K..S..N..Y..Z..C..A..K..J..E..R..O..D.O..E..H..T..I
E..B..E..E...T..T..R..E..P..H..O..I..M..I..H..E..T..I

akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:28 pm

NEW NEVER BEFORE SEEN IMAGE FROM THE UNABOMBER AUCTION - TED KACZYNSKI'S "DECODING PROCEDURE" NOTES

Thanks to Cimm who alerted me to this video. This video shot shows Ted's "DECODING PROCEDURE".

In it he notes that parts of the journal have normal English words and only parts are coded, an interesting mix that I previously said may have been going on in the Zodiac 340, in which parts of the first stage solution are readable English like I GIVE THEM HELL TOO, SEE A NAME, THEO, THESE FOOLSHALL SEE, while other parts require a second decoding method (Caesar shifts) to understand. And like Ted's Unabomber codes, they have horizontal left to right, backwards, vertical and diagonal reads in them.

Unabomber Ted Kaczynski Auction Notes Decoding Procedure.jpg
Unabomber Ted Kaczynski Auction Notes Decoding Procedure.jpg (38.13 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

SCREEN CAPTURE OF TED KACZYNSKI'S FOUR PHASE "UNSCRAMBLING SEQUENCE" FOR HIS UNABOMBER CODE
THEY SHOW TED USED HORIZONTAL, VERTICAL AND DIAGONAL ELEMENTS IN HIS DECODE

Ted Kaczynski's Unabomber Secret Code Unscrambling Sequence Four Phases.jpg
Ted Kaczynski's Unabomber Secret Code Unscrambling Sequence Four Phases.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 1999 times

And the 1986 Graysmith/FBI file/THESE FOOLSHALL SEE Proposed Solution to the Zodiac 340 Code with backwards, vertical and diagonal elements marked. And just as Ted' Decoding Procedure notes reflect, parts are in "ordinary English" (I GIVE THEN HELL TOO, SEE A NAME, THESEFOOLSHALL SEE) while other parts are still coded and require a second stage (Caesar Shifts IMO) to understand. Graysmith tried to force anagrams out of the gibberish, he did not understand it needed a second stage decode.

Zodiac 340 First Stage Solution Marked.jpg
Zodiac 340 First Stage Solution Marked.jpg (95.34 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
akwilks

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case