Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Re: Zodiac 340 - Partial Solution

Postby KITE on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:05 pm

There are a series of coincidences to consider. First, that the name THEO is there in the first place. It compomises the text at just that point. Second, is that SEE A NAME folows it, such an appropriate cryptic tease. And then the number pattern(999966330) and breaking up of the name(ZCAK NY IKS) and the Caesar mechanics necessary for it to fall into place are just absolutely unbelievable. Then you have a diagonal LIST and then BOMBS that runs right up to THEO. To have a diagonal BOMBS run right into a vertical THEO is a coincidence all its own as applied to a possible Zodiac suspect--UnaBOMBer THEOdore Kaczynski. Then you have Column 5. Put horizontal, it reads (ETINL PTEK BARS NE LEASH) Kaczynski, in the Manifesto and in other writings, liked to refer to people in society as KEPT on a LEASH. So we can see here in Column 5: KEPT BARS LEASH. (I believe here that the arrangement of PTEKBARS was intentional as it also offers an anagram of PET BARKS before LEASH, and to restore that anagram, you move the T down one space and the K down three. And why?, just to show off and be even further cryptic with puns perhaps). KEPT on a LEASH and people behaving like, having the same symptoms as CAGED animals are two ways Kaczynski describes how he gauges society. BARS and LEASH match as those restraints. These possible cryptic efforts would also explain the somewhat, at times, strained reading of the text, that begins where it appears that THEO is forced in there.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:09 pm

KEPT IN BARS TILL LOSE LEASH. I really like this possibility from the cryptics. Keep in mind that Column 5,9,10 close out as LEASH TILL LOSE and that Column 5 has this order (IN)L(PTEK)NE(LEASH). There's a distinction between being KEPT ON A LEASH and KEPT IN BARS. Kept on a leash seems to indicate that one still has some sort of freedom but yet the leash can be pulled at any time to, let's say, modify the behavoir of the one kept on the leash. Kept in bars seems to indicate an all-out loss of freedom. The Unabomber Manifesto seems to say something similar...that as long as you're kept on the leash, you aren't free. The Manifesto uses the word autonomy meaning the ability to sef-govern, to be free. To have autonomy, you must get off the leash(Unabom)....as compared to..... KEPT IN BARS TILL LOSE LEASH(Zodiac 340 Cipher). A very compelling comparison, in my opinion. So, then, it might be asked, if this was intended, why not run a perfect KEPT IN BARS TILL LOSE LEASH closing out Columns 5 thru 10, for example. But, it must be kept in mind that maintaining a perhaps straight readable text horizontally while perhaps running hidden, or so, cryptic vertical messages, and also diagonal, is quite challenging, in my opinion.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 pm

AK = Zodiac gave a first stage solution as best he could with words like PILLS GAME, ASK, BALL, etc. Which is partly a series of clues and partly a false lead trap for the unknowing. But which also sets the stage for application of the Caesar Code shift using 0-3-6-9 values. And KITE is right, about a dozen different things have to happen exactly that way for the THEO KACZYNSKI find to come out in such a programmed manner. It is like dealing yourself a royal straight flush by accident, three times in a row, if this is a coincidence. It is way, way beyond any reasonable coincidence.

I have yet to see any critic of the proposed Caesar Code 0-3-6-9 solutions come forward with any reasonable alternate explanation of this find.

So people know what we are talking about:

You can see the Graysmith solution in the 1970's FBI file. Interestingly, he translates the third line as:

L S E - I L U E H S T H E O L H S

Note: This is before - about 18 years before - a certain person named Theodore Kaczynski was arrested and known to the public. (And, of course, Graysmith then and now favors Allen as a suspect). So, after the "-" break, we have "THEO" and nine letters. Then, the FBI file from the 1970's reveals the first part of next line translated as:

S E E A N A M E

So, if we put any stock in this 1970's Graysmith translation, which uses Harden and ETA, somewhat confirmed years later by Kite, Obiwan, others and myself, we might think Zodiac is telling us to look for his name, and that his first NAME is or involves "THEO" and then nine other letters.

So let us take a look:

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S

F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J

Now here is how I solve it:

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S

F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J

The number sequence to solve it is:

9 9 6 6 6 6 - 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 - 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Z C AK N Y T H E O I K S S E E A N A M E

For the name, that breaks down as 99 6666 0000 33 0. That is clearly NOT random.

The letters involve only a very mild anagram application to get the name:

Z CAK NY THEO IKS. "KAC" appears backwards, "SKI" appears backwards, and "THEO" appears as is.

Solution:

THEO KACZYNSKI SEE A NAME

From KITE:

There are a series of coincidences to consider.

First, that the name THEO is there in the first place. It compomises the text at just that point.

Second, is that SEE A NAME folows it, such an appropriate cryptic tease. And then the number pattern(999966330) and breaking up of the name(ZCAK NY IKS) and the Caesar mechanics necessary for it to fall into place are just absolutely unbelievable.

Then you have a diagonal LIST and then BOMBS that runs right up to THEO. To have a diagonal BOMBS run right into a vertical THEO is a coincidence all its own as applied to a possible Zodiac suspect--UnaBOMBer THEOdore Kaczynski.

Then you have Column 5. Put horizontal, it reads (ETINL PTEK BARS NE LEASH) Kaczynski, in the Manifesto and in other writings, liked to refer to people in society as KEPT on a LEASH. So we can see here in Column 5: KEPT BARS LEASH. (I believe here that the arrangement of PTEKBARS was intentional as it also offers an anagram of PET BARKS before LEASH, and to restore that anagram, you move the T down one space and the K down three. And why?, just to show off and be even further cryptic with puns perhaps).

KEPT on a LEASH and people behaving like, having the same symptoms as CAGED animals are two ways Kaczynski describes how he gauges society. BARS and LEASH match as those restraints. These possible cryptic efforts would also explain the somewhat, at times, strained reading of the text, that begins where it appears that THEO is forced in there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From AK:

In keeping with the RESTRAINTS theme, an obsession of Kaczynski and apparently also of the Zodiac, I found more words - TIES - to restrain a human or animal; STALLS - to keep an animal confined; BALL - as in BALL and CHAIN, an old restraint method.

Almost impossible to think all these words, relevant and consistent with each other, appear by chance!

This is the entire proposed FIRST STAGE solution to the Zodiac 340. Most of this appears in the 1979 FBI file, though it has been reworked a little by Kite, Claston, Obiwan, Ed and others on the old ZK board. I know Kite still thinks this solution is likely correct, I don't know about the others.

Kaczynski once used HERCULES as an alias, signing letters with that name. Hercules was known to beat enemies to death with his wood club. A man who police thought could be Zodiac and/or the man who killed Bates tried to abduct a Riverside girl and told her "If I wanted to kill you I could just beat you to death with this piece of wood." The EAR/ONS did beat a couple to death with a wood log.

Here HER> starts the raw code, and HERC starts off the decode.

As Kite pointed out, a HERCEAN task, like solving this code, would be a BIG task. HERCEANBIG starts off the decode!

Note in particular the sequence of key words Zodiac used like DUEL meeting LIST, then hooking up to BOMBS which leads us to THEO, then SEE A NAME.

INCREDIBLE!

All the people at Zodiac Killer and over Zodiac Killer Facts are puzzling over the 340 and running computer programs, getting nowhere. Some of them are smart people and know about codes. And yet here is fantastic evidence, way, WAY beyond any chance formation, and they mostly ignore it, as it doesn't fit their pre-ordained thoughts about the 340.

And also notice all the restraint words.

Can anybody find other relevant words?
Zodiac 340 first stage solution marked bars ties.jpg
Zodiac 340 first stage solution marked bars ties.jpg (95.34 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 pm

Consider this possibility: HE(RC)BEAN (I) GI(V)E TH(E)M HE(L)L TO(O). B(TSA)L. All I did was a take a letter from each word for the first 7 words, giving you 7 letters: RCIVELO. An anagram for that is: (I VERLOC). The next word is BLAST jumbled as BTSAL, giving you a straight TSA, an acronym for The Secret Agent. It could possibly make for a nice pun or variation of sorts to use TSA from the word BLAST in that BLAST is a word connected to BOMB. Also consider when Zodiac altered the name AVERY to AVERLY on the Halloween Card. Verloc's first initial was A.( A. VERLOC). Avery has the AVER, but then an added L could possibly have been to further allude to the character VERLOC,---a word game, possibly.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the BOMBS AV that runs diagonally upward thru all that stuff I mentioned. Just look at the 340 layout above. Either BOMBS AV or BOMB SAV is an interesting acronym consideration, along with the TSA in BTSAL.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but look at the 340 lay-out above, at the word BOMB. Notice the 4 letters under those letters or else the diagonal that parallels it. FNDI. An anagram for FIND. FIND BOMB. Remeber that this cipher was sent in at the same time as when Zodiac took back his threat to shoot out a buses tires and instead informed the authorities that he had made a bomb. (You don't know if it's being stored or presently at the site...and...I don't think you have the manpower to continually search the roadsides for it) not verbatim, but along the lines of what Zodiac said. And then, in later months, Zodiac goes on to challenge that his bomb be located, giving a map and cipher as potential clues. So that possible FIND BOMB in the 340 is quite compelling in my opinion. And also the N in FIND should be an M to make the word ME in the straight text, so that error would be explained.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Thats interesting.

Kite found the letters to angram FIND running right alongside BOMBS. And Zodiac would talk about hiding BOMBS, so that is BOMBS to FIND.

So FIND could apply to BOMBS, as in the hidden bombs. Or, it could apply to the SEE A NAME question, in the sense of FIND THEO. And the FIND leads right to THEO, and right after that is SEE A NAME.

Also, looking at that possible FIND line, it continues as KURT. KURT doesn't have any particular meaning in re Zodiac or Kaczynski, as far as I know, but Ted's father went by the name TURK.

Also, see on the 6th line, in the middle, EMAG, straight backwards that is a key Zodiac word, GAME.

Of course we have the incredible number of restraints - BARS LEASH STALLS TIES BALL - and verbs that can apply to restraints - TAKE LOSE.

And an anagram for MATH.

The most incredible of all, IMO, is the stunning and connected DUEL LIST BOMBS THEO SEE A NAME, plus going backwards from the "B" in BOMBS an anagram for BLAST. Zodiac talked about a "little LIST" and he talked about "BOMBS", and here we have LIST going into BOMBS. With THEO, then SEE A NAME!

I will go on record, in my opinion based on the facts here absolutely NO WAY that happens by chance, that was intended by the maker of the 340 Code, and that is Zodiac. This is his message.

Amazing.

The we have THEO, then SEE A NAME, then THESE FOOLSHALL SEE. All relevant messages, coherent, no anagrams, consistent themes of seeing hidden things.

Maybe someone who is a member at ZodiacKiller or ZodiacKillerFacts can post this and see if any of the code guys who run computer programs can do some further work on this stuff. Expect to be greeted with the usual hostility, but still, could be worth a try. Maybe they can contribute something to help prove or disprove what we are finding. Maybe somebody here can do that as well.

I see all these people obsessed with the 340 and IMO they are mostly just spinning their wheels, and here are results that are way, way, WAY beyond chance. I don't get it. Or maybe I am wrong, but if so, can someone show me where?

Zodiac 340 Code First Stage Solution Cryptic Word Finds.jpg
Zodiac 340 Code First Stage Solution Cryptic Word Finds.jpg (95.95 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:43 pm

It could be just one bomb. FIND BOMB, the one concerning the map and cipher. The SAV that follows BOMB could be an acronym for Secret Agent Verloc. Although there could be some match-up to both in that FIND-BOMB, LIST-BOMBS. AK, interesting, that MATH anagram observation, something I hadn't seen, although it fits in quite nicely with something else I've noticed. The M in MATH is on Line 6, now progress to the next M in Line 6 and you have the series (MAGPC).Roughly below that on Line 7, you have the series(BLLE). Roughly below that on Line 8, you have the series (HALL). Put together: CAMPBELL HALL. (The extra G might represent Zodiac wanting the MAGPIES triangle reading.) And if I'm not mistaken, Kaczynski taught MATH there. There are two spelling errors that allow for this: EXCEPT spelled as AGCEPT on Line 6. And the E on Line 7 should be a T. Zodiac reverts back to non-jumbled just before the reading of HALL from HALLS. And then notice how HALL is immediately followed by SEE MT. Remember how SEE A NAME followed the colossal (zcak ny THEO iks) from Line 3. Here we have SEE MT. Could SEE be possibly again referring to a hidden clue that just went by? And could MT stand for Math Teacher? So the MAHT possible anagram works nicely on the other side of this. Could be something similar to how SEAT shadowed the EA POE and MAGPIES diagonals? Another interesting consideration with this is that the MAHT falls on Line 6,7,8 and 9. If I'm not mistaken, Kaczynski taught math at campbell hall in 67, 68 and 69.
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 am

Also, take notice of the vertical SEE right before MAHT. That'll leave you with a SEE before MATH and a SEE right after HALL. That SEE actually criss crosses with SEE A NAME from the straight text. Not only that, but also notice that the G from MAGPC, the extra G with CAMP, is actually the symbol in the 340 cipher that was crossed out by Zodiac and then a backward K was placed above it. That could be part of the cryptic, allowing the G for MAGPIES, but then secondarily to say---look it's crossed out--to allow a straight anagram for CAMP. That would give you (MAPC BLLE HALL). In other words, he wanted MAGPIES and MAPC, and so the crossed out G was the concession. With the totality of that, the cryptic could be (SEE MATH CAMPBELL HALL SEE MT). And also notice the SEAT vertical leads right to the MAHT vertical, as if to imply possibly that since one is done here, another is to be started here, as both of those would be similar ways to go about a cryptic.
KITE

Postby akwilks on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:22 pm

And that SEE appears vertically, horizontially and as a diagnol. Sort of telling us, 'look in all these directions'?

I think there are a ton of hidden cryptics in there, we may have got most of them, but still a lot that none of us have found.

But just to take it in another direction that may be more fruitful and ultimately more important, to the SECOND STAGE OF THE ZODIAC 340 SOLUTION, I posted some of this before but some new eyes are looking here and it may help them understand.

Someone complained my proposed solution was "too convoluded".

Is it convoluded, or just complex?

There is a reason this Zodiac 340 Code has defied solution for 40 years. It is complex and multi-stage.

But the actual final solution to the first 14 lines is pretty clear:

I GEH TO KEEP MY OWN SLAVES I GIVE THEM HELL TOO

I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS

A SORRY BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAME

THESE FOOLSHALL SEE

WHO SHOULD I KILL NEXT?

ASK YOUR GOD THAT KILLS PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE ZODIAC

IT IS FUN KILLING SLAVES IT HELPS ME HAVE A BALL IN PARADICE

Or:

I HAV MY OWN SLAVES TO KEEP I GIVE THEM HELL TOO

I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS

SORRY BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAAME

THESE FOOLSHALL SEE

WHO SHOULD I KILL NEXT?

ASK YOUR GOD THAT KILLS PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE ZODIAC

-----------------------------------------------------

For example, look at this, this line is in the first stage solution:

S E I L L L F M I T P I L L S G A

Now Graysmith sees this, and starts trying to force something, he comes up with some nonsense, PILLS GAME or something. He doesn't know that Z kept putting 0-3-6-9 everywhere for a reason! I think Z put PILLS in there as a trap, giving the false clue he was into drugs.

So lets take that gibberish line and apply a Caesar Shift Code analysis with 0-3-6-9 values to create a matrix:

B N R U U U O V R C Y R U U B P J
Y K O R R R L S O Z V O R R Y M G
V H L O O O I P L W S L O O V J D
P B F I I I C J F Q M F I I P D X
M Y C F F F Z G C N J C F F M A U
J V Z C C C W D Z K G Z C C J X R

Do some words now leap out at you? Look closely.

Keep looking...

B N R U U U O V R C Y R U U B P J
Y K O R R R L S O Z V O R R Y M G
V H L O O O I P L W S L O O V J D
P B F I I I C J F Q M F I I P D X
M Y C F F F Z G C N J C F F M A U
J V Z C C C W D Z K G Z C C J X R

6-6-6-3-0-0-3-6-6-3-3-6-6-6-6-0-0

See how the SORRY jumps out?

Now critics say I am making this up or forcing it.

BUT 95% of this comes from the 1979 FBI file, with most of the final work done a decade ago on the old ZK board!

Look at the SORRY. It is there. I am not making it up or forcing anything. Once you know the 0-3-6-9, it jumps out at you.

And the letters MY COLLCSO

The previous line gave us I LOVE and left overs ETIN.

I LOVE MY COLLCSO ETIN

Well what does Zodiac love? Chocalate chip cookies? Maybe, but he talked about collecting slaves. COLLECTIONS. Critcs say "Anagram use!". But the FBI code unit in 1969 said the 340 had indications of probable anagram use! How much anagramming am I doing?

I LOVE MY COLLCSO ETIN

I mean, come on! Zodiac is making it hard, he is not gonna give it to us EASY. The first code was solved too quickly, so now he gives us a challenge. Anagrams prevent anything "found" in the code from being used against him in court, because of the possible variations. But there is a solution. He is speaking to us.

Put it together and we get I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS SORRY

With the next lines giving us BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAME.

------------------------------------------------------------------

AweShucks said:

"Ok I'm picking up on this a little better. I picked out "SORRY" no problem what was difficult to see is what you just explained as to what you do with the left overs. Difficult to just pick things out of the crowd."

AK:

Cool.

Like this line for example, "IS" is there, "FUN" appears exactly backwards, and "KILLING" is pretty much there, "SLAVES" and "PARADICE", classic Z words, jumped out at me with a little anagram work, "BALL" is there perfect. If someone can come up with a better anagram, I am game to see it.

Proposed Translation:

A I SI K T N U F I L L I N I F G V E S S I L H I A P L S T E D R A N P M E EA HAECVB A L L

With color added to see the words formed:

A I SI K T N U F I L L I N I F G V E S S I L H I A P L S T E D R A N P M E EA HAECVB A L L

Proposed Solution:

This illustrates what I am doing pretty well, I think.

Critics who say "Oh you can come up with anything,", I don't think so. You can see the translation. The words are there, just slightly mixed up to increase difficulty. But come on, you want to say IS, FUN, KILLING, BALL appear by chance, with anagrams for SLAVES and PARADICE, and not a single letter needed is missing and none are left over?
akwilks

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case