Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Re: Zodiac 340 - Partial Solution

Postby akwilks on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Someone complained my proposed solution was "too convoluded".

Is it convoluded, or just complex?

There is a reason this Zodiac 340 Code has defied solution for 40 years. It is complex and multi-stage.

But the actual final solution to the first 14 lines is pretty clear:

I GEH TO KEEP MY OWN SLAVES I GIVE THEM HELL TOO

THEO KACZYNSKI SEE A NAME

I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS

A SORRY BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAME

THESE FOOLSHALL SEE

WHO SHOULD I KILL NEXT?

ASK YOUR GOD THAT KILLS PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE ZODIAC

IT IS FUN KILLING SLAVES IT HELPS ME HAVE A BALL IN PARADICE

Or:

I HAV MY OWN SLAVES TO KEEP I GIVE THEM HELL TOO

I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS

SORRY BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAAME

THESE FOOLSHALL SEE

WHO SHOULD I KILL NEXT?

ASK YOUR GOD THAT KILLS PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE ZODIAC

Last edited by akwilks on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

For example, look at this, this line is in the first stage solution:

S E I L L L F M I T P I L L S G A

Now Graysmith sees this, and starts trying to force something, he comes up with some nonsense, PILLS GAME or something. He doesn't know that Z kept putting 0-3-6-9 everywhere for a reason! I think Z put PILLS in there as a trap, giving the false clue he was into drugs.

So lets take that gibberish line and apply a Caesar Shift Code analysis with 0-3-6-9 values to create a matrix:

B N R U U U O V R C Y R U U B P J
Y K O R R R L S O Z V O R R Y M G
V H L O O O I P L W S L O O V J D
P B F I I I C J F Q M F I I P D X
M Y C F F F Z G C N J C F F M A U
J V Z C C C W D Z K G Z C C J X R

Do some words now leap out at you? Look closely.

Keep looking...

B N R U U U O V R C Y R U U B P J
Y K O R R R L S O Z V O R R Y M G
V H L O O O I P L W S L O O V J D
P B F I I I C J F Q M F I I P D X
M Y C F F F Z G C N J C F F M A U
J V Z C C C W D Z K G Z C C J X R

6-6-6-3-0-0-3-6-6-3-3-6-6-6-6-0-0

See how the SORRY jumps out?

Now critics say I am making this up or forcing it.

BUT 95% of this comes from the 1979 FBI file, with most of the final work done a decade ago on the old ZK board!

Look at the SORRY. It is there. I am not making it up or forcing anything. Once you know the 0-3-6-9, it jumps out at you.

And the letters MY COLLCSO

The previous line gave us I LOVE and left overs ETIN.

I LOVE MY COLLCSO ETIN

Well what does Zodiac love? Chocalate chip cookies? Maybe, but he talked about collecting slaves. Critcs say "Anagram use!". But the FBI code unit in 1969 said the 340 had indications of probable anagram use! How much anagramming am I doing?

I LOVE MY COLLCSO ETIN

I mean, come on! Zodiac is making it hard, he is not gonna give it to us. Anagrams prevent anything "found" in the code from being used against him in court, because of the possible variations. But there is a solution. He is speaking to us.

Put it together and we get I LOVE MY COLLECTIONS SORRY

With the next lines giving us BUT I WONT EVER STOP MY KILLING GAME.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 pm

AweShucks said:

"Ok I'm picking up on this a little better. I picked out "SORRY" no problem what was difficult to see is what you just explained as to what you do with the left overs. Difficult to just pick things out of the crowd."

AK:

Cool.

Like this line for example, "IS" is there, "FUN" appears exactly backwards, and "KILLING" is pretty much there, "SLAVES" and "PARADICE", classic Z words, jumped out at me with a little anagram work, "BALL" is there perfect. If someone can come up with a better anagram, I am game to see it.

Proposed Translation:

A I SI K T N U F I L L I N I F G V E S S I L H I A P L S T E D R A N P M E EA HAECVB A L L

With color added to see the words formed:

A I SI K T N U F I L L I N I F G V E S S I L H I A P L S T E D R A N P M E EA HAECVB A L L

Proposed Solution:

This illustrates what I am doing pretty well, I think.

Critics who say "Oh you can come up with anything,", I don't think so. You can see the translation. The words are there, just slightly mixed up to increase difficulty. But come on, you want to say IS, FUN, KILLING, BALL appear by chance, with anagrams for SLAVES and PARADICE, and not a single letter needed is missing and none are left over?
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 pm

These are from the FBI Zodiac file, the FBI Crypto Unit attempt to decode the Zodiac 340 Code and the Zodiac 12/7/69 Fairfield Code.

You can see that they DID think anagram use was possible if not probable and did try various anagram approaches.

FBI Zodiac 340 Decode Attempt.jpg
FBI Zodiac 340 Decode Attempt.jpg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 2188 times

FBI Code Analysis On Zodiac 340 Next Part.jpg
FBI Code Analysis On Zodiac 340 Next Part.jpg (120.35 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Here is the FBI file, go to page 102 for the start of the discussion. Of course the FBI rightly dismissed the final version of the silly Graysmith solution. Unless Z got struck by lightning and became retarded, he don't talk like that.

http://foia.fbi.gov/zodiac/zodiac5.pdf

You can see it does indeed say "THEO" right before "SEE A NAME" - almost two decades before Theodore Kaczynski was known to the public.

The 2nd line in the first stage solution in the 1970's FBI file here does say "HERC" then "I Give Them Hell Tooo Ted". Ted Kaczynski once used HERCULES as an alias.

And the last line is translated as "SOME MAIL KT". "KT"? "Kaczynski, Ted"?

Incredible that in this 1979 decode attempt, which Kite and others have confirmed is largely correct in its use of Harden Key and general ETA frequency and word solve principles, we have two clear and one ambigous reference to Ted Kaczynski!

Looking at this in 1979, an observor might conclude - for a working hypothesis - that Zodiac may be named THEO or THEODORE, nicknamed TED, maybe an alias of HERCULES or HERC, and have as initials KT or TK.

Amazing!

FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 HERC I GIVE THEM HELL TOOO  TED.jpg
FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 HERC I GIVE THEM HELL TOOO TED.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 2170 times

FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 Clue He Theo See A Name.jpg
FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 Clue He Theo See A Name.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 SOME MAIL KT.jpg
FBI File 1979 Decode On Zodiac 340 SOME MAIL KT.jpg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:48 pm

This is the secret ID number Ted Kaczynski used as "FC", aka "Unabomber", to authenticate his letters as real.

553 - 25 - 4394

Nobody has ever explained what this number means. The FBI did find it matched the SSN of a convict who had a tatoo that said "Pure Wood". But that man was in prison for some of the Unabomber crimes, and even when Kaczynski was arrested, no link could be found.

Doug Oswell first came up with the idea to see if the 9 numbers could be linked to the 9 letters in KACZYNSKI by the Caesar Code method Kite and I have used on other Zodiac codes, and did some initial work along those lines. That same caesar Code 0-3-6-9 method that when used on the Kaczynski alias "ENOCH W FISCHER" produced "THEO KACZYNSKI". Then Kite did this work which follows, and I make some minor contributions on a possible secondary code and in showing the process. So this was done with a little help from Doug Oswell and me, but mainly it was all by Kite. Brilliant work IMO! It does show a link, further proof that Kaczynski used the Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 values as the Unabomber, which is further proof that the use of such a code in the Zodiac ciphers matches to him as well.

The first thing is there were multiple repeats - two "3" 's (C), two "4" 's (D) and three "5" 's (E).

Kite wondered if the repeats meant to designate them differently, perhaps by adding 10 each time.

So:

553 - 25 - 4394

Becomes:

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

Now here is something really incredible!

Look closely, and we see mathematical confirmation that this was the INTENDED and CORRECT sequence:

The first 2 numbers of 5 + 15 = 20.

The next 3 numbers of 3 + 2 + 25 = 30

The last 4 numbers of 4 + 13 + 9 + 14 = 40

Check the math.

This is an internal math formula that shows this was planned and not random. Just like we saw on all the Zodiac codes using this method.

Anyone care to argue that is coincidence?

Now lets translate to letters.

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

E O C - B - Y - D -M -I -N

Things we notice right away:

Anangram for BY MIND.

Better and complete anagram for:

IN MY B CODE

A "B Code" is a secondary code that is within the larger code. A hidden or secondary code. I take this to mean the codemaker is telling us "Yes, you got something here, but keep going".

Also, the third letter is "C" and the fifth letter is "Y" - the same as in the name "KACZYNSKI".

Does a Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 values create a name?

Through trial and error, Kite comes up with this sequence - he re-arranges the letters so they are:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-30 0 6 6-6

K A C Z Y N S K I

-------------------------------------------------------

Application of the Caesar Code with 0-3-6-9 shift values yields the name KACZYNSKI, THEO KACZYNSKI or THEODORE J KACZYNSKI in all the Zodiac codes and in the Unabomber ENOCH W FISCHER alias and in the Unabomber secret ID number. IMO, and I think the evidence backs it up, this is because they were created by the same mathematical mind - the mind of Theodore J Kaczynski.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 am

The FBI gave Ted Kaczynski the name "Unabomber". Ted Kaczynski sent letters and bombs under the name "FC". The next letter in that sequence is "Z". Was Ted Kaczynski also "Z", the Zodiac, and did he leave a clue to his former identity in his secret ID number?

Look at the secret ID number translated to letters under the process by Kite, the Caesar Code shift values and how they create the Kaczynski name:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-3 0 0 6 6 -6

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look just at the ID letters and the name:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look again, with certain letters highlighted:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

We have: D C O A Z I.

ZODIAC.

You have to ask, if as evidence shows this is the method Kaczynski used to encode his name in the secret ID number, why did he pick those numbers which create those particular letters matched to the other specific letters, so that while completing the decode process the letters for ZODIAC appear?
akwilks

Postby KITE on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:07 pm

That (IN MY B CODE) is very interesting especially when considering that concerning the 3 part cipher Zodiac said: IN THIS CIPHER IS MY IDENTITY. Unabomber used an IDENTIFYING NUMBER that may have translated to an anagram of (IN MY B CODE), an indication for the seeker to carry on or even perhaps a line of defense, misdirection. To me, HERC seems rather intentional, it's the only example in the 340 of perhaps mixing 2 words into an anagram.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Looking at the TENS involved in the possible solution to the Unabomber identifying number. You end up having 5,15,3,2,25,4,13,9,14. And then you'll notice that the first 2 numbers equal 20. Next 3=30 and next 4=40. (2=20,3=30,4=40). By the way, when I noticed that, I thought--"Gee, maybe I'm on the right track here". But, anyway, there is a strange coincidence involved here. Look at the name Theodore J Kaczynski. The word (TENS) is in exact order in the name. Take a look. (T)heodor(E) j kaczy(N)(S)ki. Now look at where those letters are as far as their number position along the name. (T) is the first letter. (E) is the eighth. (N) is the fifteenth. (S) is the sixteenth. So that's: (1,8,15,16) Now add them: (1+8+15+16=40) averaging out to TEN just like the possible solution to the Unabomber identifying number. It looks similar to the the last four: (4,13,9,14)=40/4=10 and this is (1,8,15,16)=40/4=10. Strange but consider it possibly connected to ZYNSKI=ZODIAC(0,-10,-10,-10,-10,+20). And also the possible Zodiac number pattern where the 4 Zodiac dates numbers add up to 100,80,105,90. And then add up all the 4 months and days=(100) and the 4 years=(275). And then, too, the possible Manifesto like lecture on Column 5 of the 340. (KEPT IN BARS, LEASH) and then COLUMN 10: (TAKE and LOSE).
KITE

Postby akwilks on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Zodiac gave a first stage solution as best he could with words like PILLS GAME, ASK, BALL, etc. Which is a false lead trap for the unknowing. But which also sets the stage for application of the Caesar Code shift using 0-3-6-9 values. And KITE is right, about a dozen different things have to happen exactly that way for the THEO KACZYNSKI find to come out in such a programmed manner. It is like dealing yourself a royal straight flush by accident, three times in a row, if this is a coincidence. It is way, way beyond any reasonable coincidence.

I have yet to see any critic of the proposed Caesar Code 0-3-6-9 solutions come forward with any reasonable alternate explanation of this find.
So people know what we are talking about:

You can see the Graysmith solution in the 1970's FBI file. Interestingly, he translates the third line as:

L S E - I L U E H S T H E O L H S

Note: This is before - about 18 years before - a certain person named Theodore Kaczynski was arrested and known to the public. (And, of course, Graysmith then and now favors Allen as a suspect). So, after the "-" break, we have "THEO" and then nine letters. Then, the FBI file from the 1970's reveals the first part of next line translated as:

S E E A N A M E

So, if we put any stock in this 1970's Graysmith translation, which uses Harden and ETA, somewhat confirmed years later by Kite, Obiwan, others and myself, we might think Zodiac is telling us to look for his name, and that his first NAME is or involves "THEO" and then nine other letters.

So let us take a look:

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S

F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J

Now here is how I solve it:

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S

F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J

The number sequence to solve it is:

9 9 6 6 6 6 - 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 - 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Z C AK N Y T H E O I K S S E E A N A M E

For the name, that breaks down as 99 6666 0000 33 0. That is clearly NOT random.

The letters involve only a very mild anagram application to get the name:

Z CAK NY THEO IKS. "KAC" appears backwards, "SKI" appears backwards, and "THEO" appears as is.

Solution:

akwilks

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case