13 CIPHER

13 CIPHER

Postby KITE on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:57 pm

The 13 CIPHER appears structured with some sort of mathematical precision. You have the pattern 3 letters,symbol,8,K,8,M,8,symbol,3 letters. It reads the same forward and backward. You have 8 letters, they read in order (AENKMNAM). A(1)+E(5)+N(14)+K(11)+M(13)+N(14)+A(1)+M(13) (1+5+14+11+13+14+1+13=72) (72/8(The Number Of letters)=9) (9=The Letter I) (AENK(I)MNAM) (A+E+N+K=31) (M+N+A+M=41) (T+K=31) (T+J+K=41) Take a look at the center pattern (8K8M8) (8+8+8=24) (K+M=24). Now look at the whole cipher with that in mind. (A+E+N=20) (K+M=24) (N+A+M=28) (20,24,28). And if you use the eights, you'd have(20,(24,24)28) That'd give you (20,(48),28) or (20+28=24+24). Both 48.
KITE

Re: 13 CIPHER

Postby KITE on Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 am

With all the info, passage of time, and cryptics, I can't be sure if the following hasn't been brought up already but, BRS, the letters associated with 7/4/69, if I'm not mistaken, can be shifted to TJK with all negative eights. BAZYXWVU(T) RQPONMLK(J) SRQPONML(K). BRS=TJK(-8,-8,-8). The 13 cipher makes that even more interesting with the 3 eights.
KITE

Postby pmongelli on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 am

I have a possible interpretation of the 13 letters as well, and this one seems to point to Kaczynski and zodiacs distain for necking couples.
First, assume all alphabet letters are those letters. Subsitute the symbols with their accompanying values in the 408 cryptogram.

Then apply key which (while he only called himself THE zodiac) he gives us in the sierra card, ZODIAC.

A E N D H K H M 8 A N A M
Z O D I A C Z O D I A C Z

And you get
ATRIMINHBLOXODM, which i interpreted as...

ATSIMINHBLOXODM, or At semen the blood.

It can also be interpreted as ISIGNMYNAMEINBLOOD.
pmongelli

Postby akwilks on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm

That is an interesting theory, and basically makes sense.

The only problem is it is rather cryptic. I used to spend a lot of time on similar types of possible clues, involving anagrams and hidden meanings, but now I try to shy away from them for the most part, unless they are rock solid.

The explanation you offer is reasonable, but is only one of many possible interpretations.

Once again, welcome aboard. I read many of your very good posts at ZK and hope you will post your ideas here.
akwilks

Postby pmongelli on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 am

Thanks, Kite!
pmongelli

Postby KITE on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:57 am

pmongelli, actually AK replied but I would say your potential cryptic recovery is straightforward and the result mirrors Zodiac's atrocious actions and vicious vanity. Concerning the 13 CIPHER, I believe the Oswell set-union solution is accurate. When you set-union the resulting 43 letters, you end up with the eventual FROM TED KACZYNSI. When you add up those 43 letters numbers-for-letters, you get an even 500. I find that extremely interesting. When you look at the first letter of the first 8 symbols, you get:
A.....E......N......Z......I......K.....I.....M......
K.....Y......N......Z.....S......A.....I.....C.......

So, those numbers are the last or otherwise only number of the numbers-for-letters, matching the set-union version of...KACZYNSI.

AK, when you write...(I used to spend a lot of time on similar types of possible clues, involving anagrams and hidden meanings, but now I try to shy away from them for the most part, unless they are rock solid)...I can relate to that evolving "involving anagrams and hidden meanings" because I believe I've been guilty of grazing in the gray area of a free and fast fanciful flitting and freewheeling association with the facts and so, AK, I will eagerly echo your experience-endowed enlightenment of the enigmatic in that I essentially refrain from what I feel are my too far afield fetchings for cryptic clues or otherwise masked messages, preferring to endorse the "easier-on-the-eyes" embedded encoded or else what's found more firmly fixed in the fabric of factuality, in a manner of speaking.
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Speaking of the set-union solution, you only need 5 symbols(Infinity,Zodiac,K,M,Aries) to get the result: From Ted Kaczynsi. So were the extra eight symbols, in addition to possibly providing cover for the set-unioned five, also allotted to provide an additional
name-taunt game, let's call it, and keeping in mind that the 13 symbols follow MY NAME IS-.
Using the first letter of the 5 symbols: (I)nfinity, (Z)odiac (A)ries, with the other 8 letters, the 13 symbols end up as the letter string:
AENZIKIMIANAM
Now, if you separate NAME from that, you get ANZIKIMIA-NAME.
So, let me put those first 9 in a separate order or, in other words, an anagram for ANZIKIMIA is AAMZINIKI
A....A.....M....Z....I....N....I....K....I.....--NAME
K....A.....C....Z....Y....N...S....K....I.....--NAME

Another way of looking at this is:
..A.....E.....N.....Z.....I.....K.....I.....M.....I.....A.....N......A.....M..... Original, first letter of each. Then anagrammed to:
..A.....A.....M.....Z.....I.....N....I......K.....I.....N.....A.....M......E......Same letters, different order, 9 letters and NAME add up to 13
..K.....A.....C.....Z.....Y....N.....S.....K.....I.....N.....A.....M......E......(-10,0,+10) Caesar shift
+10....0...-10....0...-10...0..+10....0....0......0.....0.....0.......0......
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:42 am

I wonder if it's possible Zodiac got his "puzzling" MY NAME IS... idea from what you might call the original serial killer case:
..............(M)E............
..............(Y)OU.........
..........CA(N)..............
............C(A)TCH...........
..............(M)ISHTER.......
.........WH(E)N............
............S(I)GNED.........
..........LU(S)K................

MISHTER
YOU
WHEN
CATCH