Is This The Game Zodiac Was Playing?

Re: Is This The Game Zodiac Was Playing?

Postby KITE on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:20 pm

With the possible Zodiac 3/22/71 postcard, I believe Zodiac was announcing the completion of the numerical game that I believe he was playing. I believe he was alluding to the 9/6/70 date which would complete the 80-(85)-90-95-100-105 number string and also alluding to The Sierras(122 numbers-for letters)mountain range as a LOCATION which would complete the 90-(180)-270-360 string that I believe was meant to allude to revolution(revolt) by way of word association to revolution(of a circle). The matching up of numbers-for-letters.....:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY(1)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3)
174=174=174

.....was a numbers-for-letters clue, in my opinion, but there may be more to it, such as the possible 522/422/322 number pattern.

Here's something that also interests me. The CHRONICLE after the EQUALS SIGN seems to have a letter K lightly sketched in with the letter L?
At the least, it could be a clue alluding to the KACZYNSKI name since:

The altered CHRONIC(L=K)E and KACZYNS(K)I are both 9 letter words with the letter K as the EIGHTH letter, unless I'm mistaken. (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)

Presently, I'm wondering if there is more to that, what I see as an almost invisible letter K, in my opinion.

One possibility is the altered K is directing to do the same for the words on the other side of the EQAULS SIGN, Paul Averly.

In other words: Since: CHRONIC(L=K)E (The second to the last letter in the word is changed to the letter before it in the alphabet) Then:
PA(U=T)L AVER(L=K)Y, The two letters changed are TK.

But maybe the idea was to change the altered CHRONIC(L=K)E again: CHRONIC(K=J)E.

Then it would be TKJ?

That's okay as a cryptic possibility, in my opinion, but presently I'm looking for something more comprehensively compelling than that.
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Here is, in my opinion, a better cryptic possibility concerning the possible letter K, possibly sketched in with the letter L in the word CHRONICLE.

As I've been saying, I believe the (ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE) was partial to the totality of:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY(1)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3)...............numbers-for-letters: 174=174=74

If possibly Zodiac did sketch in an invisible-like letter K on the L in CHRONICLE, then perhaps he was allowing this (0-10-20-30) Caesar shift:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONIC(KE=ZODIAC)

(K..........E..........Z..........O..........D.........I..........A..........C.......)

(K..........A..........Z..........Y..........N.........S..........K..........I........)

(0)......(-30)......(0).....(+10)....(+10)...(+10).....(+10)...(-20).....

And perhaps the letter C before the possibly sketched letter K was included?

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONI(CKE=ZODIAC)

(CKEZODIAC)=(CKAZYNSKI)=(0,0,-30,0,+10,+10,+10,+10,-20) (Did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Possibly the letter L in (Chronicle) possibly has an invisible-like letter K written with it, possibly allowing both letters(K and L) to be used. In other words, the letter L, in my opinion, is correctly used for the result:
174=174=174

And then the letter K, in my opinion was used in a (0,10,20) Caesar shift:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=(CHRONIC(K)E=ZODIAC)

(C..........H..........R..........O..........N..........I.........C..........K..........E..........Z.........O.........D........I.........A.........C........)

(I..........B...........H..........E..........T..........O.........C.........A..........K..........Z.........Y.........N........S.........K..........I.........)

(20).....(20).......(10)......(10).....(20)......(20)......(0)......(10)......(20)......(0)......(10).....(10)....(10).....(10)......(20).........

ATT. PAUL AVERLY: (I) (B) (HETO) (CAKZYNSKI) anagrams to (I B(be) THEO KACZYNSKI)? (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 pm

It's not: (I B(be) Theo Kaczynski). It's (MR. THEO KACZYNSKI)!

I believe that: ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE was a partial numbers-for-letters(A=1, B=2 etc.) clue that led to:

ATT. PAUL. AVERLY(1)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3)
174=87X2=58X3
174=174=174

I believe that a lightly penned letter K is written in with the letter L in the word CHRONICLE, in my opinion. I believe that the reason for this was to both allow the numbers-for-letters match(174=174=174) using the correct spelling of CHRONIC(L)E but also supply the letter K to replace the letter L (CHRONIC(K)E) for a (0,10,20) Caesar shift. In other words, I believe that that letter L stood in the way of the (0,10,20) shift and needed to be changed to a letter K. In other words, I believe that that letter L needed to be both retained and changed to a letter K.

Q. But KITE-The Bright Light In A Cold Case Night, you can't do both!
A. Thus the L with the lightly penned letter K, in my opinion. Here is the (0,10,20) shift:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=(CHRONIC(K)E=ZODIAC)

(C......H......R......O......N......I......C......K......E......Z......O......D......I......A......C......)

(M......R......H......E......T......O.....C......A......K......Z......Y.......N......S.....K......I.....)

(10....10....10.....10....20.....20....0.....10.....20.....0.....10.....10.....10.....10....20.....)

That's absolutely amazing, in my opinion. It's in anagram but it's so close to not being in anagram:

MR HE(T)O (C)A(K)ZYNSKI

The (T) only needs moving over two spaces and the (C) and (K) only need to be switched. Considering that involves only using (-20,-10, 0,+10,+20) is absolutely amazing, in my opinion.

And, of course, THAT LETTER L NEEDED TO BE CHANGED to allow such an impressively coherent reading, in my opinion.
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 am

I noticed something that seems to complete the puzzle. It is, in my opinion, absolutely amazing!
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I repeat: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!
I am now entirely confident that what I've been working on here lately is accurate because of the latest thing I've noticed, that is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, which I'm about to reveal but allow me first to start at the beginning.

Going back to FEBRUARY 2012 and over at the (KITE's Greatest Cryptic Find), I wrote about first noticing how, in numbers-for-letters (A=1,B=2, etc.):
ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174)=CHRONICLE(87). They do not equal each other(174-87) but instead CHRONICLE(87) is one half of ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174). I then proceeded to notice how the word ZODIAC(also written on the postcard)with its numbers-for-letters of (58) is two-thirds of (87) and one-third of (174). Or, in other words:

174=174=174

I then noticed that this matched the use of each in the communication with ONE use of ATT. PAUL AVERLY, TWO uses of the word CHRONICLE, and THREE uses of ZODIAC(one written as the word and two different Zodiac symbols(one on the other side)). This seemed to confirm the 174=174=174.

At some point I noticed what I believe is a letter K lightly sketched in with the letter L in the word CHRONICLE. I don't know exactly when I noticed this or otherwise it was brought to my attention but, at any rate, it was only recently that I've tried to connect it's possible meaning to the numbers-for-letters matches. So, by Zodiac writing:
ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE, and the idea that it was an initial partial numbers-for-letters clue that led to:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY(1)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3).....(174=174=174)

Why would Zodiac, as I believe he did, possibly sketch in a lightly penned letter K with the L in CHRONICLE? I concluded that Zodiac was using the correctly spelled CHRONIC(L)E for the 174=174=174 match but the letter K was then to be used to replace the letter L for some other hidden message. So I proceeded(recently) to look for possible Caesar shifts along the result:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE=ZODIAC

At this point(recently), obviously I was already aware of how:
ZYNSKI=ZODIAC (0,10,10,10,10,20) and with a change to a letter K nearby(CHRONIC(K)E-ZODIAC), I proceeded to look for (0-10-20) shifts (and possibly(30)) as a continuation of ZYNSKI=ZODIAC(0,10,10,10,10,20). That eventually led to me noticing along the entire (CHRONIC(K)E-ZODIAC), the (0-10-20) shift:

CHRONICKE ZODIAC= MR HETO CAKZYNSKI (10,10,10,10,20,20,0,10,20,0,10,10,10,10,20)

That's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING but it gets better, perhaps even exponentially more AMAZING.

FOLLOW the EQUALS SIGN:

ATT. PAUL AVERLY=(CHRONIC(K)E-ZODIAC)
(CHRONIC(K)E-ZODIAC)=MR HETO CAKZYNSKI (10,10,10,10,20,20,0,10,20,0,10,10,10,10,20)
ATT. PAUL AVERLY=MR. THEO KACZYNSKI

In numbers-for-letters, they do not equal: ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174)=MR. THEO KACZYNSKI(198)

But when writing it out fully, THEY DO EQUAL!!!

ATTENTION PAUL AVERLY(251)=MISTER THEO KACZYNSKI(251)

They both have a numbers-for-letters of 251!!! Unless I'm mistaken!

If I didn't make a mistake, THAT'S ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING TIMES TEN, in my opinion!!!

Q. But KITE, that would be too difficult to do, to make all those numbers match, so it must be a coincidence.

A. Oh, I understand what you mean. But I believe that I have solved the puzzle Zodiac created, in my opinion. I think it does, in my opinion, demonstrate that Zodiac was very intelligent and a problem solver but I also believe it's a more workable thing than perhaps it appears to be. What do I mean by that? Well, first, I believe ZODIAC got his name from ZYNSKI (0,10,10,10,10,20) in the first place (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?). So, I believe a good part of it was already built-in, so to speak. Zodiac, I believe, also helped himself by changing that letter L(in CHRONIC(L)E)to a letter K (written in such a way as to allow use of both letters(L and K)). In fact, it was, in my opinion, necessary. He also used anagramming(HETO and CAKZYNSKI). And he also used the ATT. abbreviation(isn't it supposed to be ATTN.?) and the AVERLY misspelling.

Q. But KITE, didn't Zodiac already used that AVERLY misspelling?, in the 10/27/70 Zodiac communication, was it?

A. Yes, but I now believe when he first penned the AVERLY misspelling on 10/27/70 was it?, he must have already had this 3/22/71 puzzle using an equals sign completed. In other words, I believe he used the AVERLY misspelling on 10/27/70 because he already knew he'd use it as part of his 3/22/71 puzzle in his LAST or nearly LAST communication.

Q. KITE, do you think the Lincoln stamp somehow fits in with the 3/22/71 numbers-for-letters puzzle you're suggesting Zodiac created?

A. I think it might. ABRAHAM LINCOLN, if I'm not mistaken has a numbers-for-letters of 123. That 123 result could be a clue alluding to the (1)(2)(3) in:

As far as how Zodiac, in my opinion, created this puzzle using an equals sign, if I had to guess, I believe it started with him noticing that ZODIAC(58) was two-thirds of CHRONICLE(87). That led to using 174 since (58x3=174 and 87x2=174.) And I believe it went from there. But, like I said, I believe Zodiac, in creating this numbers-for-letters puzzle with an equals sign, benefited from the already built-in (ZYNSKI=ZODIAC (0,10,10,10,10,20)), the anagramming of CAKZYNSKI and HETO, the changing of the letter L in CHRONICLE to a letter K(written in such a way as to allow the use of both), the misspelling of AVERLY and the ATT. abbreviation.

And what if Zodiac, after noticing the ZODIAC(58) and CHRONICLE(87) two-thirds match, had not been able to craft a hidden message or puzzle like the one I'm suggesting he did because he couldn't get the results within perhaps the certain standards he sought, let's say Then, he could have tried other words, other angles, other math and then perhaps some other differently worded puzzle might front the 3/22/71 communication instead. Perhaps he attempted other methods with hidden messages before stumbling across the one he finally used? Perhaps he put in a lot of hours to get this result?

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

NAME: KITE
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Zodiac, in my opinion, used an EQUALS SIGN in association with numbers-for-letters BEFORE the 3/22/71 communication. It was, if I'm not mistaken, in the communication with the large Zodiac symbol equaling 13(=13) and it also has an SFPD=0(Was it July, 1970). If I'm not mistaken, Zodiac usually or perhaps always used a dash, such as Zodiac symbol-12, SFPD-0(I believe that's from the June, 1970 32-code communication?)

Q. But KITE-The Bright Light In A Cold Case Night, how is the previous to the 3/22/71 communication EQUALS sign(from July, 1970 was it?) similarly associated to numbers-for-letters as you seem to suggest it is?

A. Because with the Zodiac Symbol equaling 13(ZODIAC=13) and the SFPD equaling ZERO(SFPD=0), the result, as I put in parenthesis, is:

ZODIAC=13
SFPD=0

The numbers-for-letters for the words ZODIAC and the letters SFPD are, unless I'm mistaken: (numbers-for-letters are A=1,B=2,C=3 etc.)

ZODIAC=58
SFPD=45

So, in other words:

58=13
45=0

So, if I'm not mistaken, that makes mathematical sense?:

(45=0)(46=1)(47=2)(48=3)(49=4)(50=5)(51=6)(52=7)(53=8)(54=9)(55=10)(56=11)(57=12)(58=13)

Something else I noticed recently concerning the 3-22-71 communication. I believe that Zodiac intentionally created a numbers-for-letters pattern equaling 500 on the front? is it? of the 3/22/71 communication: Here's the list of words with their numbers-for-letters totals:

The word (ZODIAC) and a (ZODIAC) SYMBOL (58+58)=(116)
(ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE) (174+87)=(261)
Stamp of (ABRAHAM LINCOLN) (123)

(116+261+123)=500
If I'm not mistaken?

Actually, I noticed another Zodiac communication, 4-20-70, if I'm not mistaken, that has an equals sign near the Zodiac symbol (with the number TEN) and SFPD=0. So I'd say maybe or maybe not that Zodiac used the equals sign near the Zodiac symbol with 13 in a July, 1970 communication, if I'm not mistaken, as a numbers-for-letters clue. In other words, if the communication with the equals sign and the number 13 near the Zodiac symbol had been the only Zodiac communication to use an equals sign(instead of a dash)near the Zodiac symbol, I'd more confidently suggest that it was probably a numbers-for-letters clue.
Last edited by KITE on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:29 pm

I believe that possibly Zodiac intentionally created sentences so that the numbers-for-letters added up to 360 and also 270. The last sentence before the 32 symbol code in the 6-26-70 communication, if I'm not mistaken on any of that, the one referring to a man in a parked car, adds up to 360 in numbers-for-letters, if I'm not mistaken.

In an August, 1969 communication, if I'm not mistaken, there is this sentence, if I'm not mistaken:

If not, tell them to cheer up; when they do crack it they will have me.

The first part adds up to 270 in numbers-for-letters:

IF(15) NOT(49), TELL(49) THEM(46) TO(35) CHEER(39) UP(37): (15+49+49+46+35+39+37)=270, unless I'm mistaken.

The second part adds up to 360 in numbers-for-letters:

WHEN(50) THEY(58) DO(19) CRACK(36) IT(29) THEY(58) WILL(56) HAVE(36) ME(18): (50+58+19+36+29+58+56+36+18)=360, unless I'm mistaken.

I believe Zodiac did this intentionally because it is written above where he writes:

ON THE 4TH OF JULY:

I believe there is word play there with JULY 4TH associated to the American REVOLUTION and 270 and 360 being points on a circle with a REVOLUTION being once around a circle, if I'm not mistaken on any of that.

The numbers-for-letters for:

ON(29) THE(33) 4TH(28) OF(21) JULY(68): (29+33+28+21+68)=179, if I'm not mistaken.

So, if I'm not mistaken on any of that, it goes from 270 to 360 to 179(almost 180).

What I believe is true, in my opinion, is that Zodiac intentionally created these 2? sentences or series of words to match or nearly match the points of a circle(360,270,179). I believe that the Zodiac communications, in my opinion, have many numbers-for-letters clues and, of course, I've listed what I may have found here in this topic.
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Q. Don't take this as a slight, KITE, but I don't think you're right about this one. To my way of thinking, it would be too difficult of a deed to craft such a mathematically restricted sentence without the aid of misspellings or questionable sentence structure. That's a perfectly sensible semi-colon-centered sentence!, in my estimation.

A. Difficult? Too difficult of a deed? Is it really too difficult? Or is it really a somewhat simple deed?

In numbers-for-letters(A=1,B=2,C=3, etc.)

DIFFICULT(90)

TOO(50)DIFFICULT(90)OF(21)A(1) DEED(18)
(50)+(90)+(21)+(1)+(18)=(180)

IS(28)IT(29)REALLY(73)T00(50)DIFFICULT(90)
(28)+(29)+(73)+(50)+(90)=(270)

OR(33)IS(28)IT(29)REALLY(73)A(1)SOMEWHAT(104)SIMPLE(74)DEED(18)
(33)+(28)+(29)+(73)+(1)+(104)+(74)+(18)=(360)

Unless I'm mistaken, that's (90)(180)(270)(360)
KITE

Postby akwilks on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:01 pm

As always reading your work with interest Mr. K.

A point of caution just to play devil's advocate for a second. I think the totality of what you discovered on the Pines card is so amazing and perfect that maybe it can't much be improved upon. I would caution against assigning number for letters from a picture. In the case of the crosshair that is a Zodiac symbol so I think it is unarguable to assign it a meaning of "ZODIAC" and do a numbers from letters from there, as you did in the original analysis. But were you look at the stamp and say it is ABRAHAM LINCOLN what I see there is PRESIDENT LINCOLN. Another person might see ABE LINCOLN. See the problem?

Also the number 500 is not in and of itself significant IMO.

I do see the significance of the 90, 180, 270, 360 formulation. Perhaps as applying to a REVOLUTION as you state and definitely fitting the Z (and TK) obsession with circles, the unit circle, radians, etc. Great work.

I have something to post in the next few days that, your time and interest permitting, you might take a look at for numbers for letters and other cryptic and code analysis.

Also in relation to your original brilliant analysis of possible cryptic message repeatedly coming up 522. 5+2+ 2 = 9. Which fits the 3,6, 9 theme, and 5 + 22 = 27. Lake Berryessa murder on 9/27. Also 27= 3x 9.

And perhaps most important of all, not sure if this was ever discussed in depth, but convicted serial killer, bomb designer and Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski's birthdate is 5-22-42. 5/22/42! Do you agree on these aspects of 522 being a cryptic clue in these directions, or see another meaning?

Great mage work by AweShucks illustrating ideas of Kite:

Take note of how 3,6,9 applies to the numbers. And the repeated number 522 matches birthdate of Ted Kaczynski of 5/22/42.
akwilks

Postby KITE on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

I guess I have sort of, almost inadvertently, downplayed a possible 5/22 allusion with my recent expanding on:
ATT. PAUL AVERLY(1)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3) to
ATTENTION PAUL AVERLY(251)=MISTER THEO KACZYNSKI(251) (numbers-for-letters)

ATT. PAUL AVERLY(3)=CHRONICLE(2)=ZODIAC(3) (174=174=174) has a numbers-for-letters total of 522 and 422 is the papers total and, if I'm not mistaken, it's a 3/22 communication. I could also include a 122 with those because I believe this communication is announcing the completion of the numerical game that I believe Zodiac was playing, for lack of a better way of saying it. According to the numerical game that I believe Zodiac played, for his last DATE of SIX, he needed an 85 to complete the (80-(85)-90-95-100-105) series and a LOCATION of 122 to result as 180(122+58(ZODIAC)) to complete a 90-180-270-360 series. I believe he got those numbers with 9+6+70=85 and THE SIERRAS(122)(numbers-for-letters)mountain range. With these numbers, I believe he was promoting a revolt against society and then a return to wild nature, as I believe Zodiac saw it. I believe he was referring to the higher elevations of the mountains, in my opinion, with words like pines, snow, and pass.

What I believe with this 3/22/71 possible Zodiac communication is that Zodiac, at the time, perhaps intended it to be considered his last communication and so perhaps there is a lot that is cryptically communicated in this particular communication. I suspect that the (522-42)2-322 numbers-for-letters totals(and date) was a hidden message or clue. I believe that if the real Zodiac knew of Ted Kaczynski, the numbers: 58x9=522 may have, in my opinion, registered in his mind as: (58=Zodiac, 9=number of letters in KACZYNSKI, 522=5/22)

ATT. PAUL AVERLY(1)=CHRONIC(K)E(2)=ZODIAC(3)

ATT.PAUL AVERLY=MR. HETO CAKZYNSKI (10,10,10,10,20,20,0,10,20,0,10,10,10,10,20)

ATTENTION PAUL AVERLY(251)=MISTER THEO KACZYNSKI(251)

ATTENTION(118) KACYZNKIS(119)
PAUL(50) THEO(48)
AVERLY(83) MISTER(84)

I believe that the 123 total for Abraham Lincoln was likely included as part of the puzzle, in my opinion. 123(1-2-3) is like 3-6-9 or 10-20-30 or 90-180-270; they can be put to the points of a circle. I say points of a circle but maybe I should say points of a unit circle or even points of a Zodiac symbol? In other words, where the directions(north, east, south, and west)are? (I'm not necessarily a mathematician).

I believe that Zodiac had already used a stamp of a President as part of a numbers-for-letters clue or game. Unless I'm mistaken, Zodiac always? or nearly always? used one ROOSEVELT stamp when he wrote:

SF CHRONICLE
SAN FRAN CALIF

on the envelope. If he used more than one Roosevelt stamp, he wrote more than that, if I'm not mistaken.

SF CHRONICLE(112)+SAN FRAN CALIF(104)=(216)
FRANKLIN(85)+ROOSEVELT(131)=(216)

So, I believe this numbers-for-letters match explains the possible pattern concerning the number of Roosevelt stamps.

The 500 numbers-for-letters total might also suggest that the 123 numbers-for-letters total for Abraham Lincoln was part of the puzzle? I agree that 500 is in-and-of-itself not necessarily significant. However, I find it meaningful mostly because I had already, before this, stumbled across another 500 numbers-for letters total. That was when I added up the numbers-for-letters in the possible Oswell solution to the 4/20/70 13 symbol code:

A(1)+E(5)+N(14)+ZODIAC(58)+INFINITY(106)+K(11)+INFINITY(106)+M(13)+INFINITY(106)+ARIES(52)+N(14)+A(1)+M(13)=500

If I'm not mistaken on the math or perhaps my interpretation of the possible solution.

And I do have the time and interest to look for more possible hidden messages or numbers-for-letters clues.
Last edited by KITE on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case