NEW Zodiac FBI Files With Unredacted You Are Next Card

NEW Zodiac FBI Files With Unredacted You Are Next Card

Postby akwilks on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 pm

MORF obtained via a FOIA request NEW mostly NEVER BEFORE SEEN FBI FILES on the Zodiac case. Posted here by TRAVELLER1ST:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwEt_ ... edit?pli=1

All kinds of stuff from Gareth Penn, Lake Berryessa reports, unconfirmed Zodiac letters, suspect handwriting, junk, trivia, leads, clues and some gems. And a lot of stuff we don't even know yet. Over 800 pages, mostly never before seen, so we are still searching through them. No major bombshells, yet, but there could be one or more in there.

One thing is the never before seen until now LEO paste up unconfirmed Zodiac letter - a twin to the CANCER paste up letter. It is in the first batch posted by Trav, on page 205.

LEO CARD ZODIAC.jpg
LEO CARD ZODIAC.jpg (198.62 KiB) Viewed 4285 times

Leo Card Unconfirmed Zodiac Contrast Enhanced.jpg
Leo Card Unconfirmed Zodiac Contrast Enhanced.jpg (163.05 KiB) Viewed 4300 times
Last edited by akwilks on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
akwilks

Re: NEW FBI Files Just Released

Postby akwilks on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Also, if you remember the unconfirmed Zodiac card with the words "Oct. 12, 1970", "The Zodiac is going to", "you taught me", "YOU ARE NEXT", we now know that was sent to Dr. Edward C. Adams, M.D., a psychiatrist who lived in Orinda and had an office at Hotel Shattuck in Berkeley.

Zodiac Oct 12 1970 YOU ARE NEXT.jpg
Zodiac Oct 12 1970 YOU ARE NEXT.jpg (160.22 KiB) Viewed 4298 times

Zodiac FBI File Dr Edward Adams ONE.jpg
Zodiac FBI File Dr Edward Adams ONE.jpg (72.74 KiB) Viewed 4295 times

Zodiac FBI File Dr Edward Adams Two.jpg
Zodiac FBI File Dr Edward Adams Two.jpg (91.26 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
akwilks

Re: NEW Zodiac FBI Files Just Released

Postby KITE on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

The possibility of that 10/12/70 date associated postcard being sent by Zodiac is particularly interesting when considering a possible parallel to Kaczynski. The more immediate or otherwise obvious postcard associated parallels are Berkeley and Kaczynski's apparent homicidal hatred and seemingly potent paranoia for psychiatrists or psychologists. Perhaps not as obvious is the possible symbolism with the use of the two LIBERTY stamps on the postcard, and that is if I'm not mistaken on that, but I read that as LIBERTY and see that as the statue of LIBERTY? So, if I am correct in my interpretation of what I've read in this section, a possible Zodiac communication from around 10/12/70 is threatening a psychiatrist with YOU ARE NEXT and the sender of the postcard uses two LIBERY stamps? If that is correct, in Kaczynski, you have a serial killer who talked of feeling a sense of LIBERATION when he dreamt of killing a psychologist. Here's a section from over by the THE CASE FOR KACZYNSKI... section:
(...psychologist would either be trying to convince me I was "sick" or would be trying to control my mind through psychological techniques. I would be on the dodge....and finally I would break out into physical violence against the psychologist and his allies. At the moment when I broke out into violence and killed the psychologist or other such figures, I experienced a great feeling of relief and LIBERATION.)
KITE

Postby akwilks on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 am

KITE - That is very, very interesting! Ted Kaczynski did indeed hate psychiatrists, and the first person he expressed a desire to "really kill" was the psychiatrist he talked to about the sex change.

In 1970, Zodiac threatened a psychiatrist by telling him "YOU ARE NEXT".

In 1993, Ted Kaczynski threatened a psychiatrist by telling him "YOU ARE NEXT". He had just mailbombed his brother.

The San Francisco Chronicle

JUNE 25, 1993, FRIDAY, FINAL EDITION

SECTION: NEWS; Pg. A1

LENGTH: 1188 words

HEADLINE: Another Professor Hurt by a Mail Bomb

BYLINE: Ken Hoover, Louis Freedberg, Chronicle Staff Writ

"Gelernter is the author of a computer language called Linda that gives personal computers more power. He has written widely on computer issues.

Late yesterday afternoon, Gelernter's brother, Joel, a psychiatrist and geneticist, received a telephone threat at the Veterans Administration Hospital in West Haven, Conn. The caller told the woman who answered the phone ''You are next,'' referring to Joel Gelernter. Joel Gelernter is also a Yale professor."

Thanks to documents obtained by MORF of http://www.zodiackillersite.forummotion.com and graphics/computer work by TRAVELLER1ST we now have the UNREDACTED version of the YOU ARE NEXT unconfirmed Zodiac card, which was postmarked from BERKELEY California and sent to a psychiatrist, Dr. Edward Adams, who appears to have had an office in BERKELEY as well.
Attachments
Edward Adams Psychiatrist.jpg
Edward Adams Psychiatrist.jpg (29.08 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
Close Up UNREDACTED You Are Next Unconfirmed Zodiac Card.jpg
Close Up UNREDACTED You Are Next Unconfirmed Zodiac Card.jpg (94.36 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
UNREDACTED You Are Next Card Unconfirmed Zodiac.jpg
UNREDACTED You Are Next Card Unconfirmed Zodiac.jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 pm

All we have so far is late 1950's addresses for Dr. Adams - a possible office address at Hotel Shattuck, Berkeley and a possible home address at Scenic Drive in Berkeley? Ted on Regent Street in Berkeley was a mile away from Hotel Shattuck.

Kaczynski Home on Regent to Dr Edward Adams Office on Shattuck.jpg
Kaczynski Home on Regent to Dr Edward Adams Office on Shattuck.jpg (47.02 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

JEM - Sorry for asking questions I should know the answer to already, but - the 1970 cut-out card, this was never published anywhere that Ted could have seen it prior to 1993 when he threatened Joel Gelernter - is that right?

AK - To my knowledge we never saw this YOU ARE NEXT letter until Morf got it a year or so ago.

So IMO it is at least interesting that we seem to have Zodiac threatening a psychiatrist by saying YOU ARE NEXT and Kaczynski threatening a psychiatrist using the exact same words YOU ARE NEXT.

LUKE - Very interesting AK. I'm intrigued by the line: 'you taught me to mean it'. This implies that the person learnt something from Adams with respect to their actions, either directly as a patient or indirectly (perhaps listening to one of Adams' talks). Since he was in the Berkley area, it makes the connection between TK and Adams quite possible in this respect.

AK - Yes, what does "you taught me to mean it" actually mean? It implies some prior exposure to Dr. Adams. Of course it could be a prior patient. Or someone who heard him lecture. This could also be like Ted's Utah letter to a random lawyer, which threatened him because he was an "jackass" and giving people bad treatment, an attempt by Ted to make it seem like the Utah computer bombing was the work of a LOCAL man angry at attorneys and other local people. In a similar way to the "Wu - I told you it would work. RV" bit of paper Ted put in a Berkeley bomb, making it seem like it might be the work of Professor Wu and another with initials RV. Similarly, Zodiac may have wanted authorities to think he was a former patient/student of Dr. Adams.

The big questions now IMO are what type of work did Dr. Adams do? Was he an advocate of BF Skinner? Was he involved in behavioral psycholgy, industrial psychology, genetics, biology of the mind or other areas Ted would have found particularly objectionable? Or was he selected because he is the first headshrinker in the phone book from Berkeley? Or random? Or personal?

Also, in 1967 to 1970, where was his office? Shattuck in Berkeley or elsewhere?

Another issue to consider is that Zodiac later sent the LA Times letter were he said "Like I always said I'm crackproof", thus seeming to validate that the "13th victim Fk I'm crackproof" card was his - and if that is the case it seems very likely this YOU ARE NEXT card was his as well.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 am

Excellent work by our member Ricardo Gomez on the unredacted card "Zodiac is going to...You are next" which names Dr. Edward Adams.

http://www.mk-zodiac.com/Communication1 ... eport.html

IMO this unredacted card is a major find, the biggest out of this new FBI batch recovered by Morf.

IF this card is really from Zodiac, as it seems likely to be, then there should be some connection or nexus between who Zodiac really was and this Dr. Adams.

At the link above, Ricardo has excellent large reproductions of the card, and analysis showing possible links between Dr. Adams and his circle of associates and TWO well known Zodiac suspects. Well, one is a suspect, the other is an eccentric researcher who a very few think also should be looked at as a suspect.

One of the suspects is Ted Kaczynski, and there are two very, very interesting links between Adams and his circle and Ted's experiences at Harvard.

Great work Ricardo! I hope you keep digging.

The website from Ricardo is http://www.mk-zodiac.com

He shows possible links between two associates of Dr. Adams and Ted Kaczynski. One of the associates appears to have worked with Dr. Henry Murray, the man who did the CIA sponsored mental experiments on Ted at Harvard.

Ricardo mentions an article by Dr. Adams called "Psychological Aspects of Atomic Disaster".

http://pubmedcentralcanada.ca/picrender ... obtype=pdf

I have not yet read the full article, but if Ted read this, I can tell you he would have hated Dr. Adams. Just two brief bits at the end will illustrate this - in event of nuclear war, Dr. Adams says:

* That after atomic war, ambulances should patrol with psychiatrists and other persons, and have "syringes and sedatives."

* "All efforts should be directed to getting back to work as quickly as possible."

Ted viewed psychiatrists and psychologists as evil minions of the system trying to control people's minds. The first person he expressed a written desire to kill, in September 1966, was the psychiatrist he talked to about his desired sex change which he felt was humiliating. He had repeated dreams/nightmares about psychiatrists trying to control his mind.

Reading this Dr. Strangelovian article by Dr. Edward Adams about atomic war and how psychiatrists can get people under control and back to work is interesting, and if Ted ever read this article I am confident Adams would have been on his self described "Hit List"

Ted often talked about how revolutionaries need to be as violent and tough as their enemies in the corporate and government establishments.

Keeping all this in mind, and that an associate of Dr. Adams worked with Dr. Murray, the man who did experiments with Ted at Harvard, it is interesting to reflect on the line in this possible Zodiac card that says:

YOU TAUGHT ME TO MEAN IT
akwilks

Re: NEW Zodiac FBI Files With Unredacted You Are Next Card

Postby KITE on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I wish I could genuinely express surprise at yet another amazing Zodiac to Kaczynski connection, AK, but, to my way of looking at things, it's gotten to be a par for the course for which one doesn't have to swing wildly at. But, nevertheless, it is what it is, an amazing connection to Kaczynski, in my opinion, and I believe it warrants a closer look at the 340 cipher solution text. Here is a section that is essentially cut out of the middle:
A PILLS GAME. PARDON ME AGCEPT TO BLAST NE(ME). BULLS..., THESE FOOLS SHALL MEET KILLER. PLEAS ASK LUNBLAD,
SOEL AT P LSD ULRAALE IT LAKE IT. SO STARE, I EAT A PILLLLL, AH(swear word). I PLANT MR AH, PHONE LAKE B SLLLLAVES
BEECAUSE DEAL WILLL STOLEN EITHER.

The text is readable until P LSD UL. It could read as PLEAS ASK LUNBLAD, SOEL AT LAKE, with (P LSD ULRAALE) and then (IT) placed before and after LAKE. Even so, under that scenario, the nonsense sequence begins P LSD, but then continues as P LSD ULRAA. The letter P there is from the symbol F. The symbol F=P or H, so it could be H LSD or P LSD. But with P LSD, exists the possibility of Project LSD and of all letters to follow is ULRAA and remember that one of those letter A's is the ambiguous slash(/) that is only used 3 times in the cipher and seems to equal A in one instance and C for another. Keep in mind that almost all symbols in the 340 cipher solution equal only one letter. I have it as only 3 times that a symbol equals 2 letters,(F=P or H)(/=A or C)(K=K or S). Also keep in mind that DOPR runs down vertically from the D in LSD. Concerning Kaczynski's possible part in mind control experiments, what words would he know to associate with that by 1969? In other words, did he know enough to associate the words Project and LSD with what happened. Was he somehow aware of the letters UL or ULTRA?
As far as a possible interpretation of that 340 section presented: A PILLS GAME that leads to ZODIAC killing himself but OH NO he won't do that, he will kill instead. ASK Lunblad, ASK the soel at P LSD UL, ASK the soel at the LAKE. SO STARE I EAT A PILL(transaltion: I'm being monitored as I eat a PILL) I PLANT MR AH(translation: I will kill the man monitoring me.) MR AH: (I believe the AH refers to the AH swear word just used, the man staring as Zodiac eats a pill)
KITE

Postby akwilks on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:06 pm

A certain "researcher" is claiming that the police inventory sheet for Darlene Ferrin says "blood stained and spattered slack dress". Which is a very awkward construction. And would not even fit in the space!

He thinks this means Darlene was wearing a dress. The rest of the world knows Darlene was wearing a jumpsuit, with the bottom half being pants. I think the policeman, looking at the jumpsuit on a table, thought it was a slack dress. I think the policeman made a mistake. The researcher thinks this is just one small part of a big plot, that there was no Zodiac, it was all a hoax.

Anyway, thanks to work by Bentley, it appears more likely it says BLUE & WHITE FLOWERED SLACK DRESS.

Blue and white flowered slack dress.jpg
Blue and white flowered slack dress.jpg (67.39 KiB) Viewed 3819 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Interesting points Kite. The PILLS and LSD possible references may be valid, and perhaps meant as a diversion and/or criticism of the psychology profession and its reliance on mind altering drugs, which we know Ted hated. Yes I am not shocked either!

Interesting material found by PORTOFLEITH.

She noted that the threat letter said "the adamses are next", meaning the couple Dr. Edward Adams and his wife.

Both he and his wife appeared in the newspapers, one was a Nov. 1968 multi page spread on their house and garden. Mrs. Adam was also active in women's groups, library groups and feminism. The feminist event was noted in October 1969. Did this trigger "Zodiac"? Or was it the 1968 photo spread? And/or was it Dr. Adams article about how to get people working again after nuclear war, or his association with Dr. Murray? Or random?

Professor James McConnell of U of M had a spread in a 1982 issue of People mentioning how much money he was making in the psychology field and with pictures of his nice big home, and three years later he got a mailbomb from Ted. Bonus points if anyone can get that article and post it.

New Feminism and Mrs Edward Adams.jpg
New Feminism and Mrs Edward Adams.jpg (99.57 KiB) Viewed 3785 times

Nov 1968 Oakland Tribune Article on Dr Edward Adams and His Wife.jpg
Nov 1968 Oakland Tribune Article on Dr Edward Adams and His Wife.jpg (169.96 KiB) Viewed 3796 times

Adams tribune article on garden.jpg
Adams tribune article on garden.jpg (105.07 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:42 am

It's interesting that the article does use the word "Adamses". Considering the "YOU ARE NEXT" possible language link to Kaczynski and in reading the Zodiac book, it's interesting to consider a few things reported to police associated with Zodiac that were, if I'm not mistaken, considered as hoaxes, leading up to or otherwise around the time of the possible April 24, 1978 Zodiac return communication. They included the finding of a note left on a front gate that read: "YOU'RE NEXT, THE ZODIAC KILLERS. A phone recording left from someone claiming to be Zodiac saying the press needed to be alerted to his return to San Francisco. And, a bomb threat phoned in from a man claiming to be Zodiac?
KITE

Return to The Zodiac Case