Simple clue?

Simple clue?

Postby HotIce on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello.

Re: Greeting card and photocopy of keys sent from Eureka California in 1990.

I just want to add a comment to your message board about the set of keys.

(it may have already been noted)

There is a photo of two keys - TK
HotIce

Re: Simple clue?

Postby Doug on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:10 pm

A simple but compelling clue that's been sitting right in front of our faces for the past five years or so!
Doug
Site Admin

Postby KITE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 am

Good point Doug about how that simple clue was missed. With gifted cold casers like yourself, myself, and AK, you would think such cryptic simplicity wouldn't escape our eye for the enigmatic or otherwise elude the lasso of our far-reaching faculties, but somehow it did. Excellent observation HotIce, look forward to your next.
KITE

Postby RH13 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Its Two Joined Keys
"....when they do crack it they will have me...."
RH13

Postby RH13 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:06 am

The subtle ruses are some of the clues. There are plenty more like this in the letters and all. I am making a list of these and will share it soon. Also of interest is the evolution and patterns in the letters and contacts. I believe tjk is the answer but have a problem with someone hiding name and initials extensively through the codes, why would someone make it so obvious and often if they never wanted to be caught?
RH13

Postby KITE on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 am

Two Juxtaposed Keys!
KITE

Postby RH13 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 am

Heheh it also means 2 keys...I think that the humorous references are key to solving as well
RH13

Postby KITE on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 am

Considering the December date and Christmas tree stamp, if I'm not mistaken, how about:
TWO JINGLING KEYS
Some word play there, but also NUMBER-play. Number-play? How so, KITE? You ask? Turns out that:
TWO JINGLING KEYS has a numbers-for-letters of 200. So, yes: TWO JINGLING KEYS=200.
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

Allow me to put together a mix of observations from HotIce, Doug, and Kite concerning the December, 1990 communication with the 3 things seen in the photo: TWO KEYS, CHAIN, POCKET MAGNET
FIRST: (T)wo (K)eys=(TK)
SECOND: KEYSCHAIN are nine letters having all the letters in the name KACZYNSKI, except Z:(KACYNSI, HE)
Or: TWO KEYS CHAIN is an anagram for (THEO KACYNSI W)
THIRD: POCKET MAGNET: Keeping in mind the connection to the 10/27/70 SECRET PAL Halloween Card. That card said: (You Ache To Know My Name And So I'll Clue You In). Along lines with this, the 340 cipher says: (SLEUTH SHOULD SEE A NAME) with SLEUTH altered to read THEO. With these things aside but still kept in mind, we know Zodiac was no stranger to taunting the police, and so what does POCKET MAGNET have to do with that?
POCKET MAGNET anagrams to (GET NAME COP-TK). As unbelievably in context and compelling as that is, additionally consider how clean the anagram actually is, with MAGNET and POCKET read separately:
(G......E......T......N.....A.....M).....(E.....C......O.....P.....T......K).....
(GETNAM).................................(ECOPTK)..............................
(MAGNET).................................(POCKET)..............................
KITE

Postby akwilks on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Yes good work and welcome aboard!

Two Keys. Two Keys. TK.

If you look at what the picture contains it is :

TWO KEYS CHAIN.

As Kite notes, that can give you THEO KACYNSI.

T W O K E Y S C H A I N.

T H E O K A C Y N S I

A "W" is left over and all that is missing is "ZK".

Again, its one of those things where it is right on the edge were you can certainly dismiss it as pure coincidence, yet it is interesting. When you add to it that Ted was, out of the 100 stamps available, using the same Christmas Tree Greetings stamp as Zodiac, complained about buying a $1.15 card, evidence shows he was in North Cal near Eureka CA when this was mailed and the handwriting matches, it becomes IMO much more interesting.

See http://www.unazod.com/eureka.html

One of the numbers on a key appears to be 58851. The number 58801 is the zip code for Williston, North Dakota, which is right on the border of Montana.

The magnet thingy used in gold mining could also be a clue to Montana, the number one state in the US for gold mining.
akwilks

Next

Return to The Zodiac Case