Simple clue?

Re: Simple clue?

Postby KITE on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

Taking GET NAME COP-TK from POCKET MAGNET is like taking candy on Halloween.

POCKET MA(G)N(ET).....GET
POCK(E)T (MA)G(N)ET..NAME
(POC)KET MAGNET.......COP
POC(K)E(T) MAGNET.....TK

I suggest that the trending toward simplistic anagram is the one that supplies a sharper and more stinging slap to the face as it lies loosely in plain sight. In other words, considering the mental means to an end subconsciously served by the taunting cryptic tantalization, a more visually apparent anagram might thus be more psychologically effective in appeasing the defective mass murderer mindset. But, there's not only an easy anagram pattern involved, a numerical one is involved also. Look at the numbers-for-letters for:
GET NAME COP-TK
(32).(33).(34).(31)

So, in totality, was it all just too pat to pass up? That might be the question to ask here.
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 pm

FIRST: (T)WO (K)EYS=(TK)
SECOND: TWO KEYS CHAIN= THEO KACYNSI W
THIRD: POCKET MAGNET= GET NAME COP-TK
FOURTH: Look at where the communication was mailed from and the numbers associated with it:
On the postamark, is it?, there is EUREKA CA 955.
So, obviously CA is CALIFORNIA and 955 are the first 3 of the 5 zip code numbers, but the fourth is ZERO and the fifth depends, if I'm not mistaken, and so for the purpose of this cryptic, I'll list the first FOUR numbers of the zip code:
EUREKA CALIFORNIA 9550. Now, use the letters-for-numbers last number for these. In other words A=1 K=11 U=21, they would all be just a number 1. B=2 L=12 V=22, they would all be a number 2. So, in other words, the numbers-for-letters single number if it is a single number(1-9) or use the last number of numbers (10 thru 26). With this simple process, EUREKA CALIFORNIA 9550 becomes:
51851191296584919550. But, with this, break off to 1191296584919550 or, in other words, begin with the KAC, which makes sense when looking for the name Kaczynski. So:
K.....A.....C.....A.....L.....I.....F.....O.....R.....N.....I.....A.....9.....5.....5.....0......
1.....1.....3.....1.....2.....9.....6.....5.....8.....4.....9.....1.....9.....5.....5.....0......

KACZYNSKI= 113654919 and THEO=0855, so matching that to the numbers for EUREKACALIFORNIA9550(1131296584919550):
1.....1.....3.....1.....2.....9.....6.....5.....8.....4.....9.....1.....9.....5.....5.....0......
K.....A.....C.........................Z.....Y...(H)....N....S.....K.....I.....(E)...(O)...(T)...

Another way of looking at this is to take the Eureka, California 9550 number:
(113)129(65)8(4919)550

And those numbers separated(113654919) are a straight read match to KACZYNSKI=113654919 and then you see the last 4 unseparated numbers are 8550 with THEO=0855.
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I think I've got this more fully figured out now. Here's how I see it: POCKET MAGNET was meant to anagram out to:
GET NAME COP-TK and that means: If you look at the photo with (TWO KEYS, CHAIN)--from that you will:
GET the NAME of a COP and the initials TK(GET NAME COP,TK)
(T)WO (K)EYS= TK
(T)W(O) KEY(S) (C)(H)A(I)N= TOSCHI

Imagine that, TOSCHI read straight through. (GET NAME COP,TK).
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

RH, I have a sort of renewed interest in your observation TWO JOINED KEYS because upon studying the photo a few more times, it does appear to me that quite possibly an effort was made to join the keys at their lower circular sections.
(TWO JOINED KEYS CHAIN) is 18 letters and anagrams out to: (THEODOE J KACYNSI) with (WIN) leftover. It also offers a decent match with TED JOHN KACZYNSKI:
TED JOHN.......KACZYNSKI
TWO JOINED....KEYS CHAIN

So, perhaps the KACZYNSKI to KEYS CHAIN match and TWO KEYS CHAIN match to THEO KACZYNSKI were observations along the way to the totality of the fuller TJK name matches with TWO KEYS JOINED CHAIN? Or perhaps it's somewhere in the area of all of the above?
KITE

Postby IslandLife on Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 am

This one was going through my head all day to day. Before reading this thread I was looking at the clue from the angle of "keys in..." or "keys &..." but nothing I can come up with amounts to "keys in ski" or "keys and ski". Had there been a picture of skiing on the card that'd be quite the coincidence. I hadn't really thought of "Ted" being incorporated into the clue. It just seemed like the best place to start was the fact that keys are kind of an odd thing to photocopy and send, coupled with "keys" sounding like the beginning of Kaczynski.

I'm starting to see "Ted" everywhere. Now I'm looking at Dear Editor This is The Zodiac Speaking so we have the letters for Ted and now it all begins with "TED is the Zodiac Speaking. And of course you can pull out Theo Kacznski of "The Zodiac Speaking". Between this and the numbers obsession between the two this whole Ted/Zodiac thing should be an open and shut case. lol
IslandLife

Postby KITE on Thu May 23, 2013 12:40 pm

With a simple approach, it might have been meant as:
(T)wo (K)eys=(TK)=Ted Kaczynski
Mining Magnet alluding to MONTANA

A name and location of Zodiac? Did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?

What's additionally interesting about the previously mentioned simple approach is that it can be expanded on when interpreting words from the photo:
I added (Z) as a signature, so consider that optional to add to the ANAGRAM, and also that (WE) would stand for (WEST) or (WESTERN) Montana.

TWO KEYS, MAGNET ON A CHAIN-(Z)

anagrams to:

THEO KAC(Z)YNSGI WE. MONTANA
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

(M)agne(t)=Mt=Montana
KITE

Previous

Return to The Zodiac Case