KITE's greatest cryptic find!

KITE's greatest cryptic find!

Postby KITE on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 pm

I am on the verge of unveiling a new cryptic that, quite frankly, might knock the dusty lid off of this ever-aging unsolved case.
Last edited by KITE on Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

Re: KITE's greatest cryptic find!

Postby KITE on Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:47 pm

The beginning or perhaps the foundation of this I had already started over at the-(Caesar Cipher analysis by Kite)-section. This cryptic concerns the 3/22/71 Zodiac postcard. Catching my eye was the:
ATT. PAUL AVERLY=CHRONICLE. So, because of the EQUALS SIGN, I looked into a possible numbers-for-letters match between the words on the opposite sides of the equals sign and it turned out that they didn't match but instead that ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174) was exactly TWICE the word CHRONICLE(87)numbers-for-letters(174=87). So, then knowing that ZODIAC(written in the return adress along with the Zodiac symbol) is a numbers-for-letters of (58), I realized there was a number pattern:
ATT. PAUL AVERLY=......(174)
CHRONICLE=87(87x2)=(174)
ZODIAC=58.....(58x3)=(174)

So, numbers-for-letters ZODIAC(58) is ONE THIRD of ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174) and CHRONICLE(87) is ONE HALF of ATT. PAUL AVERLY(174).
So, if that was all there was to it, I would still believe it was all intentional considering the equals sign but it turns out that CHRONICLE is written TWICE(on the front) and ZODIAC is written THREE times(twice in the return address with ZODIAC and also the ZODIAC symbol) and then there is another ZODIAC symbol on the other side of the postcard. ATT. PAUL AVERLY is only written ONCE. So you have a match to the math with......
ZODIAC (FOUND 3 TIMES IN THE POSTCARD): 58+58+58=174
CHRONICLE(FOUND 2 TIMES IN THE POSTCARD): 87+87=174
ATT. PAUL AVERLY(FOUND ONCE IN THE POSTCARD):=174

Honestly, I think it would take a miracle for all of that to fall into place by chance. Especially considering the oddities. For example, how many communications from ZODIAC involve writing CHRONICLE on the front TWICE. How many communications have TWO ZODIAC SYMBOLS and then additionally ZODIAC written out? And what about the equals sign? That might as well be an invitation to look into a numbers-for-letters cryptic.
Last edited by KITE on Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Continuing with what might be KITE's greatest cryptic find ever! What do we have so far? We have:
58 58 58=174
87 87=174
174=174

THREE TOTALS of 174 and what is that! 174+174+174=522. So that's the same as saying that numbers-for-letters:
ZODIAC+ZODIAC+ZODIAC+CHRONICLE+CHRONICLE+ATT PAUL AVERY=522
Now, remember this for later. Ted Kaczynski was born on MAY 22 and that is 5/22(matched to the total above of 522)
But now if you take the total of 522 and then divide it by the 3 numbers(58,87,174) or in other words:
..58x9=522
..87x6=522
.174x3=522
????? WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? A 3,6,9 pattern, just like the 3,6,9 Zodiac put to the points of his Zodiac symbol on the map and the same 3,6,9 used to find variations of Ted Kaczynski's name cryptically with a Caesar cipher. What kind of miracle with numbers is going on here? A numerical miracle? Can that be or is it just getting more and more obvious as this unwinds that what's going on here is cryptic design?
Now, what about the other words on the front of the postcard? What are their numbers-for-letters? They are:
THE TIMES=99
SF EXAMINER=112
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE=209

Now here I need to mention that this postcard is thought to be alluding to the disappearance of DONNA LASS, if I'm not mistaken? Look at the numbers-for-letters for DONNA LASS and THEODORE KACZYNSKI:
DONNA LASS=99
THEODORE KACZYNSKI=209

What are the odds of that meaning the numbers-for-letters match of 99(THE TIMES, DONNA LASS) and the numbers-for-letters match of 209(SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE,THEODORE KACZYNSKI)? And what about this THE TIMES? Is that the VALLEJO paper or am I mistaken? And if so, is it not suspicious to leave out the word VALLEJO? Why do that? Maybe to allow for a numbers-for-letters 99 match to DONNA LASS is the answer? And what about the inconsistency of writing SF for EXAMINER and then writing out SAN FRANCISCO for CHRONICLE? The opposite of that might make sense meaning writing out SAN FRANCISCO first and then just using SF on the second time. Suspicious as I see it!

Okay, so the final step here is to total up the THREE words/papers numbers-for-letters:
THE TIMES=99
SF EXAMINER=112
SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE=209

So, (99+112=209)=(420)
420? Are you kidding me? Do you know what that means? When you PUT TOGETHER THE TWO TOTALS(remember the FIRST TOTAL of 522).
WHEN THE TWO TOTALS ARE PUT TOGETHER, YOU GET 522 and 420
522-420. DO YOU SEE IT? (5-22-42) The day Ted Kaczynski was born!
KITE

Postby AweShucks on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Kite I don't know exactly how your mind works most times I just shake my head at some of your finds but this discovery has me in awe...... Unlike much of the Caesar shift which can be argued by variations this is plain and simple pure math with a pure unaltered result. :shock: Astounding discovery !!
AweShucks

Postby akwilks on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Great work!

I am still looking at this from every angle. So far, so good!

Had Zodiac spelled AVERY correctly, this would NOT work.

Everything has to align perfectly for this to add up, and it does!

Awe, maybe there is a way you could add the number value beneath each letter on the card? With the total as well?

I am trying to think of a way to SHOW this work so everyone can understand.
Attachments
Zodiac Pines Card.jpg
Zodiac Pines Card.jpg (213.41 KiB) Viewed 4981 times
Zodiac Pines Card Front.jpg
Zodiac Pines Card Front.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
akwilks

Postby AweShucks on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 pm

akwilks wrote:
Awe, maybe there is a way you could add the number value beneath each letter on the card? With the total as well?

I am trying to think of a way to SHOW this work so everyone can understand.

I'll put my foil cap on and see what I can do :D
AweShucks

Postby KITE on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks AweShucks and AK, I really appreciate that but I have to point out that viewers of this cryptic might find it a conflict of interest how the word CHRONICLE from San Francisco CHRONICLE is used in both the 522 and 420 totals. I don't find it that way. You start with the EQUALS SIGN thst ends up leading to the mathematical relationship between ATT PAUL AVERLY(174) and CHRONICLE(87) and then ZODIAC(58) and they relate this way:
58x3=174
87x2=174
174x1=174
So this is something to notice independent of the number of times those words are repeated but then as it turns out the number of times they are repeated matches up with the math. That's what's so crazy about it because it takes the appearance of Zodiac verifying the mathematical symmetry, so to speak, by intentionally repeating ZODIAC(keeping in mind the Zodiac symbol=ZODIAC) and CHRONICLE. But another thing that's crazy about this is how the numbers are in a 9-6-3 pattern. In other words 3-2-1 is the same thing as 9-6-3. And how can you multiply 9-6-3 to (58-87-174) and end up with the same number and what is that number? 9x58,6x87,3x174=all equal 522. So, 522 is the result of a 9-6-3 application. So, you have a category involving those words(ZODIAC 3,CHRONICLE 2, ATT PAUL AVERLY 1)numbers-for-letters=522 and a category of that different form of handwriting with the 3 papers(The Times, SF Examiner, San Francisco Chronicle) numbers-for-letters=420. So, is it a problem that one of the words is in both categories? Can we say that 522 is a result of a 9-6-3 application and not the total of the words, whereas the repeating of the words ZODIAC and CHRONICLE is purely meant to represent a verification of how the numbers realate to each other? In my opinion, I don't see it as conflicted because you have TWO clear categories: The first are the words mathematical connected to one another and then verified by frequencies. The second is just the number-for-letter TOTAL for the PAPERS and perhaps Zodiac has emphasized this with the different handwriting used for those. At any rate, those TOTALS would only affect the 522-420=5/22/42 part of the cryptic, if I'm not mistaken.
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 pm

There's another interesting cryptic possibility concerning the cover of the postcard. Why is the Zodiac symbol written that way, with a hole in it, I guess you might say? It takes the appearance of missing the letter T inside the circle. Looking at the letter L in CHRONICLE, there seems to be sort of a thin letter K written into the letter L? Perhaps even a three-stroke letter K? So, is that possibly some sort of invisible TK cryptic? Is there an invisible or nearly invisible letter J somewhere on the cover?
KITE

Postby akwilks on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:39 am

KITE - The number for the SF Examiner is 114, not 112, thus the total is "422" and not "420". That total still generates a "42", so it may not make much of a difference, but we want to be accurate as possible in all details (thanks to Awe for catching that one, I counted and re-counted and also came up with 114 and 422).

That aspect of it, the "422", is to me fairly minor and nowhere near as important and stunning as the 58, 87, 174 aspect, and how they relate to the ongoing mega 3-6-9 cryptic which was so key in the code work, and the amazing "522" solution here.

AweShucks will post in a few days the graphic, please look it over and give him any advice and ideas on corrections or improvements. Then when it is the best it can be, and we double check all numbers and figures, I can post it at other sites and perhaps send it to some interested media and law enforcement.

Great work!
akwilks

Postby Doug on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 am

I'll echo what AweShucks said. I can only shake my head in wonderment. Of all the numerical work that's been done, this is by far the most convincing, since there's no equivocation involved.
Doug
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Zodiac Case