Ted Kaczynski is NOT a Big Fan of Doug Oswell

Re: Ted Kaczynski is NOT a Big Fan of Doug Oswell

Postby KITE on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

Now that you mention it, (You have untill next Fall to dig it up), does seem a bit awkward with Fall looming a few months away. It seems as if Zodiac should have written (You have untill Fall to dig it up)? I think it might also be an interesting comparison to consider that Zodiac closes out this letter with: (You have UNTILL NEXT Fall to dig it up), while the poem from the Riverside case closes: (just wait TILL NEXT time). The spelling error UNTILL compared to TILL is interesting, in my opinion.
KITE

Postby linda on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 am

Doug and Kite... Your observations are astute... Most people would say "This coming fall, this Christmas, this Monday, etc." It's not really any different than David recognizing Ted's unique way of saying "Eat your cake and have it to..."

And the "..till" is striking, too... is this another one of those words/phrases that is routine for Ted to spell incorrectly? Has anyone seen this word written in any context by Ted himself?
linda

Postby KITE on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm

I guess the best idea with UNTILL NEXT is that perhaps Zodiac intentionally closed the letter with this to allign with the 1966 poem that closes: (just wail till next time); perhaps it's meant as a clue that he wrote the poem? From the 1966 poem, there is the line: (oh well it was red anyway) compared to Kaczynski: (Well, forget that stupid episode anyway) and also Kaczynski: (Oh well, what the heck. It makes it very easy to get a deer each fall.) And "fall" is not capitalized. Interesting possible word play with (You have untill next Fall to dig it up), because of the idea of planting things like potatoes and carrots and then digging them up in the Fall, if I'm not mistaken about that?
KITE

Postby akwilks on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Doug wrote:I'm not sure if this is germaine, but there is a tendency most people have, when speaking of a "next" occasion, such as "next week," next Thanksgiving, etc., to mean the occasion following the upcoming one. For instance, if it's November of 2011, and I say "next Christmas," I'm referring, not to Christmas of 2011, but Christmas of 2012. If it's Sunday and I say "next Monday," what I mean is the Monday occurring the week after tomorrow. Now, both Zodiac and Kaczynski use "next" to indicate the actual next occasion. In the summer of 1970 Zodiac says of his bomb, "But now school is out for the summer ... you have until next Fall to dig it up." Obviously he means the Fall covering the next time school is in session, i.e., Fall of 1970. Similarly Kaczynski, writing to his brother, says he'd like to send him a dog collar as a present "next Christmas," meaning, not Christmas of next year, but the Christmas coming up.

What is interesting is that even as he issues a denial of sorts that he was the Zodiac, he uses words and unique phrases the Zodiac used.

Of course he never actually denies being the Zodiac, he just states that law enforcement authorities concluded he had no connection to the case.
akwilks

Postby KITE on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Yes, that is very interesting, in my opinion. Kaczynski uses A FEW YEARS BACK, ZODIAC, and LIST in the same sentence, compared to ZODIAC using A FEW MONTHS BACK and LIST in the same communication. Is it possibly intentional word play from Kaczynski hinting that the real Zodiac knew of him, words that surfaced subconsciously, or something to possibly be considered coincidental? Looking at another possible example of a Zodiac to Kaczynski similarity Doug mentioned concerning Kaczynski using NEXT Christmas and Zodiac using NEXT Fall. In both examples, it might seem more appropriate to have just said Christmas and Fall without the NEXT. I don't know if it's apt to call that-overt pedanticism-?, if those are words and spelled correctly? Anyway, I believe there is a similar example of this with one of the July 31, 1969 Zodiac communications. He refers to July 4th as (LAST 4th of July), even though it was only about 27 days before, if I'm not mistaken. By the wording, one could possibly opine he was drawn into using LAST again because he put LAST before Christmass that led to using it before 4th of July? But, just like how, in my opinion, it seems more appropriate to use YOU HAVE UNTIL FALL TO DIG IT UP, without the NEXT, ON THE 4TH OF JULY, also, in my opinion, seems more like the correct wording considering a 27 day time gap. So, with two possible examples, it might reinforce that he has this tendency of over-using words like NEXT and LAST when referring to the future or the past? Perhaps even the Zodiac use of LAST Christmas in the 7/31/69 communication is comparable to the Kaczynski use of NEXT Christmas?

Wait just a minute. Interesting, because my magnetic mind just now (about ten minutes ago) locked on to a very interesting possibility. Concerning the idea that Kaczynski perhaps intentionally alluded to the Zodiac case with his words... A FEW YEARS BACK and ZODIAC and LIST compared to a ZODIAC communication from 7/24/70 with the words A FEW MONTHS BACK and LIST. Let me put up the comparison again with some emphasized words:

ZODIAC 7/24/70: (So I now have a little LIST, starting with the woeman + her baby that I gave a rather intersting ride for a coupple of hours one evening A FEW MONTHS BACK that ended in my burning her car where I found them.)

KACZYNSKI 2005?: (A FEW YEARS BACK some KOOK wrote to me claiming I was ZODIAC; he provided a LIST of dates of ZODIAC killings and challenged me to prove....)

So, already mentioned is the A FEW YEARS BACK/A FEW MONTHS BACK comparison along with LIST in both. But, why did I put KOOK in capital letters? Get it? LIST is used in both and what does LITTLE LIST allude to in the Zodiac communication? Is not Zodiac alluding to the Mikado? And isn't LITTLE LIST a part that is sung or otherwise read by KO-KO?
Ted Kaczynski calls Doug Oswell, the one who provided him with a (LIST) about (ZODIAC), a (KOOK).
in the 7/24/70 communication, (ZODIAC) mentions a (LITTLE LIST) and unless I'm mistaken that refers to The Mikado and a part read by (KO-KO). (Keep in mind, that only a few days later on 7/26/70, Zodiac, perhaps from memory, writes about the LITTLE LIST again, the part read by Ko-Ko, unless I'm mistaken.)
KOOK compared to KO-KO!

So, Doug has the LIST and is a KOOK. In the Mikado, if I'm not mistaken, KO-KO has the little LIST. In my opinion, it seems a rather convenient falling into place of word play if only a coincidence. And, that's not to say that Kaczynski must have been Zodiac if he did intentionally play some punning word game in this reply. He may have become familiar with the Zodiac case and thought it amusing to reply in a way that alludes to the Zodiac case. And, obviously he may not have intentionally played any word game at all, but I find it to be an extremely fascinating possibility.
KITE

Previous

Return to The Zodiac Case