Results and Explanation of Probability Analysis

Re: Results and Explanation of Probability Analysis

Postby akwilks on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:48 pm

There is an old saying.

"When you have the law, bang on the law. When you have the facts, bang on the facts. When you have neither, bang on the table."

Looks like some critics of the Kaczynski could be Zodiac theory are doing a lot of banging on the table! :lol:

Instead of dealing with all of the information from Doug Oswell, all of the word and phrase matches, instead of finding an error in the analysis by UBER CRITIC DORANCHAK OF 0.003% for closely bunched TheodoreJ Kaczynski in Moby Dick, instead of finding a flaw in the Kite Wilks code work, instead of dealing with results of 0.003% in TWO codes which prospectively is an incredible 0.00009%, instead of dealing with Aquiman's points and results...they are back to the tired old game of launching personal attacks on me.

Yawn.

As for "discredited theory", what are you talking about?

The critics said the results would be 100%, 90% surely at least 60%.

They were 3 to 5%.

Then I predicted that the results of Doranchak's study on closely bunched findings of the TJK name would be around 1%. I was called "delusional", "sad" and "not living in reality."

Well, it turns out I was wrong.

It was not 1%.

It was 0.003% or 3/10 of 1%. :lol:

As for other aspects of the case:

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110519/news/705199967/

Yes thats me, thats Doug Oswell and me the "discredited" theorist quoted in the newspaper, and on ABC News, and who was along with Doug the basis for the FBI requesting the DNA of Ted Kaczynski in the Tylenol Murders. And along with Doug Oswell, Zander Kite and others, the basis for police requesting DNA and other evidence from Ted Kaczynski in the Zodiac case and some other unsolved murders.

Some people research, work, study, write, debate and learn. Others can't - they criticize. World, meet Aud8us and LIVE55.

Now they are even attacking Aquiman, even though he does not endorse the Kite Wilks code work and agrees with them on most of their views about it, simply because he states that the numbers are closer to what I predicted and far from what the critics predicted, and because he states that Doranchak has NOT proven that the Kite Wilks method is wrong. Thanks to him for posting what he thinks, without regards to my feelings or those of the critics, but with regard for the truth.

By the way, thanks again to Doranchak and Aquiman for doing the work and analysis, even if we fully (dor) disagree or partially (aqui) disagree on its meanings. And thanks to Michael Butterfield, who does an excellent job debunking many of the myths and lies in the Zodiac case, and exposing the sham cases built against people like Allen and Gaikowski. Michael and I have very different approaches to the case, but to this day he has always treated me with respect, and very nicely gave public credit to Morf and I for sending him Zodiac documents we obtained via FOIA requests.
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 am

Glurk - Thanks.

I wish everyone at ZKF well, and hope their paths on the case and in life take them to as many interesting places as I have been.

This graphic below best explains what I "see" and why I think it is important. Could I be wrong? Sure. And that is why I asked two skeptics, Aquiman and Doranchak, to look at my work. Maybe someone can post this graphic at ZKF or elsewhere.

And yes the case for TK as Z does NOT stand or fall on the codes. Several people believe the evidence supports TK as Z but have little interest in the Kite Wilks code work. Other people got interested in TK because of the code work. But to anyone interested I would say read Doug's book and look at all the evidence at unazod in re psychology, MO, handwriting, word and phrase usage, etc.

Zodiac 340 Graysmith 1986 Raw Solution 3rd Line With AK Wilks 0 3 6 9 Caesar Decode Z CAK NY THEO IKS 99 6666 0000 33 0.jpg
Zodiac 340 Graysmith 1986 Raw Solution 3rd Line With AK Wilks 0 3 6 9 Caesar Decode Z CAK NY THEO IKS 99 6666 0000 33 0.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2434 times
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Zodiac 340 Graysmith 1986 Raw Solution 3rd Line With AK Wilks 0 3 6 9 Caesar Decode Z CAK NY THEO IKS 99 6666 0000 33 0.jpg
Zodiac 340 Graysmith 1986 Raw Solution 3rd Line With AK Wilks 0 3 6 9 Caesar Decode Z CAK NY THEO IKS 99 6666 0000 33 0.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

NOTE: Doranchak has posted the 340 3rd line graphic at ZKF. Thanks to him!

Doranchak and Aquiman point out that there are thousands of possible combinations, so why care about the one I found? How can I claim it is significant?

I argue that while there are thousands of possible combinations, in terms of the English langauge, there are just a handful, maybe 3 or 4 ways, that the human eye/mind will "see" and "read" this name. Keeping in mind the name has 9 letters and 3 syllables of 3 letters each, they are:

KACZYNSKI

IKSNYZCAK

CAK NYZ IKS

Thus out of the thousands of possible combinations, WHY does the name appear in one of the three ways the average person might be able to "read" it? Why does it appear around THEO, as is no anagrams? Why does it appear right before SEE A NAME? And why does it all appear with the strong repeat number pattern of 99 6666 0000 33 0?

Aquiman may have his final study and report on this posted this week, and while he still thinks the method is not likely correct, he says it has NOT been disproven, and it will be very interesting to see what his numbers and results are, as well as his thoughts pro and con!
--------------------------------------------

Let us set aside matters Caesar and Ted and just look at the possible relationship between the Zodiac My Name Is Code of 4/20/70 and the Zodiac 340 of November 1969. Building on something noticed by Kite, and work by NIN and others, let us ask does the My Name Is Code pertain to and give us clues to solve the 340? And does the My Name Is Code match up with the Zodiac 340 Line 3 as in the proposed solution we might call Graysmith Raw/Bullitt/Obiwan/Kite/Wilks?

Look at the letters from 4/20/70 and the letters from Line 3 (Not counting THEO):

AAEKNNMM
EHHILLSSU

Now look at this:

AA .. NN .. MM .. E .. K
LL .. HH ....SS ... E .. I

The 1986 Graysmith Raw Solution has a 4th line asking the question SEE A NAME.
On the 3rd line we have THEO, with 9 letters surrounding it.

In April 1970 Zodiac asks "BY THE WAY HAVE YOU CRACKED THE LAST CIPHER I SENT YOU?". Zodiac is of course refering to the 340. He then gives us a clue how to solve the 340, he says "MY NAME IS" then gives us the code. By telling us his 13 letter NAME, he is calling attention to the 4th line in the 340 which asks SEE A NAME, and the 13 letters that preceeded it.

There does seem to be a strong match between the 13 symbols Zodiac gives us in April of 1970 and the 13 letters on the 340 Line 3.

Both the My Name Is Code and the 340 3rd line have:

One set of triples
Three sets of doubles
Four singles

Coincidence?

Based on the Doranchak/Aquiman computer studies, is there not a HUGE number of possible variations of 13 letters? As in, millions and millions? Anyone care to calculate a number?

If so why is there a match between these two lines of Zodiac Code, one given to us raw by Zodiac, the other a proposed solution a line of the Zodiac 340 by Graysmith/Bullitt/Obiwan/Kite/Wilks?

Lets look further:

HHH.....888 (MATCH as H is 8th letter in alphabet)
LL.......AA (+15 shifts)
EE.......NN (+9 shifts)
SS.......MM (-6 shifts)
U.........E (+10 shifts)
T.........K (-9 shifts)
O.........^ Aries Symbol (In the 408 virtually the same symbol translates to an O)
I.........+ Zodiac Symbol (The Zodiac Symbol Is "I" to the Zodiac)

Zodiac 340 Third Line I L U E H S T H E O L H S.jpg
Zodiac 340 Third Line I L U E H S T H E O L H S.jpg (11.75 KiB) Viewed 2336 times

Zodiac My Name Is Code 888 AA MM NN E K + ^.jpg
Zodiac My Name Is Code 888 AA MM NN E K + ^.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

HHH LL EE SS.. U T O I
888 AA NN MM E K ^ +

So both sets can be expressed as:

aaa bb cc dd e f g h
akwilks

Postby akwilks on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Since all the critics said many names can be produced and the name TJK just appears by chance, I thought the point of the probability studies was to determine if the chances were what the critics were saying (100%, 90%, 80%, 51%) or what I was saying (under 10%, perhaps under 5%, maybe under 1%). But now the argument seems to be "Yes it was 5% and 1% and 0.003%, but those numbers are meaningless because I can get LKANE, BOBHUNTER and HENDRICKSON out of 13 Caesar shifted letters and many other names."

Yes MANY MANY NAMES CAN BE PRODUCED FROM THESE LETTERS. That was shown two years ago. But NONE (I think) can be SEEN and READ by the avergae person. All the other names are hodge podge mixed up, extreme anagrams. Nobody can seriously argue any were placed.

In other words, to a computer Z CAK NY THEO IKS is just one of thousands of possible combinations and thus insignificant. But to a human eye and mind, the name appears in readable English, and out of the thousands and thousands of names that can be produced, it is the only one that has that quality.

What I argue is significant is that we have THEO as is no anagrams and the last name backwards by syllable. If you don't find that significant then it is one of just many names and has no meaning.

Same thing with the unsolved 18 - either the closely bunched factor, geographic patterns and internal math have meaning to you or they don't.

The results for closely bunched THEODOREJ and KACZYNSKI in Moby Dick were 4 finds out of 1,176, which is 0.003%, or 3/10 of 1%, and Doranchak admits the results would be similar if not lower for the finding of Z CAK NY THEO IKS in Moby Dick as it is found in the 3rd line of the 1986 Graysmith Raw Solution to the Zodiac 340. Aquiman/thebigZ may be able to soon give us the actual number, along with his reason for why he finds that number significant or not.

Zodiac 340 Graysmith 1986 Raw Solution 3rd Line With AK Wilks 0 3 6 9 Caesar Decode Z CAK NY THEO IKS 99 6666 0000 33 0.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2288 times

Unsolved 18 From First Zodiac 408 Code In A Caesar Code Matrix With 0 3 6 9 Shift Values THEODOREJ KACZYNSKI 03 3696  33669966 99 60.jpg
Unsolved 18 From First Zodiac 408 Code In A Caesar Code Matrix With 0 3 6 9 Shift Values THEODOREJ KACZYNSKI 03 3696 33669966 99 60.jpg (81.94 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

It seems somewhat suspicious, in my opinion, how so many possible cryptic solutions involve the names Ted Kaczynski, Theo Kaczynski, Kaczynski, Theodore J. Kaczynski, or even the initials TK. Looking at odds and statistics is very interesting, but I would recommend also gauging these possible cryptics with suspicious common sense, let's call it. The Zodiac and the Unabomber seem to share similarities as serial killers in association with mass murderer mentality, bombs, codes, and comprehensive letter writing, in my opinion. This I see as the backbone from which to buttress these possible cryptics. In other words, in Kaczynski, I believe a foundation is set of suspicious similarity from which to promote these possibilities. So, essentially, AK, I would surmise that, figuratively, the winning hand might be found in the KITE-WILKS files.
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

I guess I'm guilty of banging the table now and then
prompted by my own clever wit and an honest pen
because his name is found and then found again
whether I use 3,6,9 or the number ten
can I see confusion with clarity, the light
Is the halting, haunting haze, in sight
A genius with letters and numbers, I might
a stringless soarer, just call me Kite
KITE

Postby akwilks on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Yes the context is very important IMO. For others, not so much. Hence we get:

THEO NED CROSBY = THEO KACZYNSKI. :)

Zsearcher wants to try to find Gareth Sewell Penn in all the codes we found Theodore J Kaczynski in, I guess he thinks that will be a Dr. Evil masterstroke plan to destroy the method. (Actually Zsearcher is pretty smart he just lacks certain social graces).

Here they are, Zsearcher, knock yourself out. I personally do not see a "G" in the 340 3rd line, so your plan may be DOA, but don't let me stop you. Doranchak claims he did find a few names in both the 340 3rd line and the EBE sequence, I think the infamous THEO NED CROSBY might have been one of them. Perhaps this was an alias for BING?

I do not know if there any real names other than TJK you can get in ALL the codes - 340 3rd line, EBE from the 408, Map Code, My Name Is, Enoch W Fischer and Unabomber ID Number. Maybe there is one or two, but are they real people and were they serial killers? Maybe, but I highly doubt it.

KITE made these excellent observations, summing up the series of amazing odds defying coincidences that we find from the discoveries by Kite, AK Wilks and Doug Oswell, illustrated by me:

For the purpose of probability, take a look at these five, though there are other quality possible cryptics.

ONE: The unknown 18:

THEODOREJKACZYNSKI=

TEHIMIOHPERTTEEBEI=

Stressing that the (3) double letters all equal the same letter. The patterned number string. A low percentage of names can qualify, yet another letter-writing serial murderer's name can.

ONE ILLUSTRATED BY AK: HH=EE, II=OO, EE=KK

C...N...Q...R...V...R...X...Q...Y...N...A...C...C...N...N...K...N...R
Z...K...N...O...S...O...U...N...V...K...X....Z...Z...K...K...H...K...O
W..H...K.. L...P....L...R...K...S....H...U...W..W..H...H...E...H...L
T...E...H...I...M...I....O...H....P....E...R...T...T...E...E...B....E...I
Q...B...E...F...J...F....L...E....M....B...O...Q...Q..B...B...Y....B...F
N...Y...B...C...G..C....I....B...J....Y....L...N...N...Y...Y...V....Y...C
K...V...Y...Z...D...Z...F...Y...G....V....I....K...K...V...V...S...V...Z

TWO: The 340 cipher: ZCAKNY THEO IKS from ILUEHS THEO LHS 996666 330. The no-meaning backward C symbol marks the 13 that close out Line 3. The next words in the straight text are: SEE A NAME. BOMBS runs up diagonally to THEO. (PTEK LEASH) are nearby in Column 5, read vertically. Kaczynski uses (KEPT ON A LEASH) in his writings to lecture society.

TWO ILLUSTRATED BY AK:

L....S....E....*....I....L....U.....E....H....S....T.....H....E....O....L....H....S
S....E....E....A....N..A...M....E....B....W....E.....O....L....L....R....K....E
S....E....I....L.....L....L....F....M....I....A.....P.....I....L....L....S....G....A
E....M....R....N....P....A....O....D....E...M....A....G....P....C....E....T....T
O....A....L....S....T....B....N....E....U...*.....S.....H....B....L....L....E....I
..................S
............I
......L

So we have "LIST" leading to the "T" in "A L S T B", a probable anagram for "BLAST" (a word Zodiac used, something like 'when I have my BLAST'), with the "B" then forming a diagonal "BOMBS". Which leads us to "THEO", then "SEE A NAME". Also have "GAME". WHAT IS THE PROBABILITY OF SO MANY RELEVANT WORDS COMING OUT OF A RANDOM LETTER MATRIX?

What follows below is very likely the correct solution to the mystery of the 9 letters around the THEO...SEE A NAME section of the decode, and it follows code principles and is mathematically consistent, and produces a stunning result.

Note that the name KACZYNSKI has THREE syllables, each which is THREE letters long - KAC, ZYN and SKI. Backwards they are CAK, NYZ and IKS.

What is stunning and defies probability is not just that the full name appears, but HOW it appears. It seems to have been seeded into the code, with KAC appearing backwards as CAK, then SKI appearing backwards as IKS, with ZYN appearing slightly scrambled as a Z then backwards as NY, with THEO right in the middle, all appearing right before SEE A NAME.

R U D N Q B C Q N X U Q B
O R A K N Y Z N K U R N Y
L O X H K V W K H R O K V

I L U E H S T H E O L H S
F I R B E P Q E B L I E P
C F O Y B M N B Y I F B M
Z C L V Y J K Y V F C Y J

THREE: THE ZODIAC are nine letters in the 18 THEODORE J KACZYNSKI. Compare the beginning and end of the 18 with The Zodiac: THE ZODIAC, THE ZYNSKI. Using a Caesar shift of (-20,-10,0,+10,+20), you have THE ZYNSKI=THE ZODIAC (0,0,0,0,-10,-10,-10,-10,+20). And then consider the word game of THE Z IN SKY(anagram of THE ZYNSKI),to THE ZODIAC.

FOUR: The Unabomber identifying number 553254394. The suggestion that the number represent letters. For example the three 5's are actually 5,15,25 or EOY. So-- 5,15,3,2,25,4,13,9,14. What goes a long way to perhaps confirming this form of cryptic is that (5,15)=20 (3,2,25)=30 (4,13,9,14)=40. The first 2=20 Next 3=30 and last 4=40. The resulting letters are EOCBYDMIN. EOCBYDMIN=KIZKYASCN 6,6,3,9,0,3,6,6,0. Notice O=I, C=Z D=A. Those letters anagram to ZODIAC.

FOUR ILLUSTRATED BY AK:

This is the secret ID number Ted Kaczynski used as "FC", aka "Unabomber", to authenticate his letters as real.

553 - 25 - 4394

The first thing is there were multiple repeats - two "3" 's (C), two "4" 's (D) and three "5" 's (E).

Kite wondered if the repeats meant to designate them differently, perhaps by adding 10 each time.

So:

553 - 25 - 4394

Becomes:

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

Now here is something really incredible!

Look closely, and we see mathematical confirmation that this was very likely the INTENDED and CORRECT sequence:

The first 2 numbers of 5 + 15 = 20.

The next 3 numbers of 3 + 2 + 25 = 30

The last 4 numbers of 4 + 13 + 9 + 14 = 40

Check the math.

This is an internal math formula that shows this was planned and not random. Just like we saw on all the Zodiac codes using this method.

Anyone care to argue that is coincidence?

Now lets translate to letters.

5 15 3 - 2 25 - 4 13 9 14

E O C - B Y - D M I N

Things we notice right away:

Anangram for BY MIND.

Better and complete anagram for:

IN MY B CODE

A "B Code" is a secondary code that is within the larger code. A hidden or secondary code. I take this to mean the codemaker is telling us "Yes, you got something here, but keep going".

Also, the third letter is "C" and the fifth letter is "Y" - the same as in the name "KACZYNSKI".

Does a Caesar Code analysis with 0-3-6-9 values create a name?

Through trial and error, Kite comes up with this sequence - he re-arranges the letters so they are:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-3 0 0 6 6 -6

K A C Z Y N S K I

Look at the secret ID number translated to letters under the process by Kite/Oswell/Wilks, the Caesar Code shift values and how they create the Kaczynski name:

B D I C Y N M E O

9-3-6-3 0 0 6 6 -6

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look just at the ID letters and the name:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

Now look again, with certain letters highlighted:

B D I C Y N M E O

K A C Z Y N S K I

We have: D C O A Z I.

ZODIAC.

You have to ask, if as this evidence shows this is the method Kaczynski used to encode his name in the secret ID number, why did he pick those numbers which create those particular letters matched to the other specific letters, so that while completing the decode process the letters for ZODIAC appear?

FIVE: Enoch W. Fischer ENOCHWFISCHER can be (0,3,6,9) Caesar shifted to THEO KACZYNSKI. The name CAESAR may perhaps have influenced Zodiac and/or Kaczynski to use the method as perhaps a promotion of ancient cultures. And also, the number 0,3,6,9 when attaching the number for letter for those numbers when read backwards (9,6,3,0)= (I FC Z)? (AK = And Ted Kaczynski used the name "FC" for his fictional terrorist group, signed his Unabomber letters "FC" and etched "FC" onto 8 of his 16 Unabomber bombs.)

FIVE ILLUSTRATED BY AK:

Kaczynski sometimes used real names of real poeple on return addresses for his mail bombs, and at other times used an alias. For the bomb he sent in June 1980 to Percy Wood, the head of United Airlines, he used the alias: ENOCH W FISCHER. 13 letters. Address of 3414 Ravenswood Street, Chicago IL 60657. See photo attachment of the envelope of a letter sent to Mr. Wood telling him a book would be coming soon for him. The bomb was in the book package.

This name seemed very strange and contrived to me. "Theodore Kaczynski" is 17 letters long (18 if you include middle intitial "J"), and that name appears in several of the decodes. But a 13 letter variant of his name appears in two of the decodes. And "Enoch W Fischer" was 13 letters long, the same number as the "Zodiac My Name Is Code", which decoded gives the name "Theo Kaczynski," and one line in the Zodiac 340 Code, which gives "Theo Kaczynski See A Name". "Theo" also has a double meaning - it is the first four letters of "Theodore", but it also Greek for "God".

Here the name is produced with the shift values of:

3 9 0 9 3 9 3 9 0 0 9 6 9

Look at the fake address TJK gave: 3 4 1 4. Consider 4 + 4 + 1 = 9. That gives us "3 9", which are the FIRST two shift values to decode correctly, and they are used two other times. And the zip code: 6 0 6 5 7. Consider 6 + 6 = 12, and 12 + 57 = 69. And "6 9" are are the LAST two shift values to apply to decode correctly. 69 is also the total sum of all the shift values used.

It is produced with the shift values of:

That creates:

H E O T K N I Z S C Y K A

The chart reveals the name in a geometric pattern:

N W X L Q ------F------O R B L Q N A
K T U I N--------C-------L O Y I N K X
H Q R F K -------Z-------I L V F K H U

E N O C H--------W------F I S C H E R

B K L Z E-------T-------C F P Z E B O
Y H I W B------Q ------Z C M W B Y L
V E F T Y -------N ------W Z J T Y V I

H E O T K N I Z S C Y K A

Trans: T H E O K A C Z Y N S K I
------- 9 3 9 0 6 9 0 9 9 9 0 3 3

---------------------

The map code generates such a big letter matrix you can probably get every name in the SF phone book.

This is the "CIF..." sequence created by using the Harden Key, the code key made by Zodiac, to solve 28 of the 32 symbols, in the order given by Zodiac in the Mt. Dibalo Phillips 66 Code letter. Look at the very "hot" sequence it naturally creates, which I have circled in red:

Zodiac Phillips 66 Map Code.jpg
Zodiac Phillips 66 Map Code.jpg (68.79 KiB) Viewed 2217 times

TO SOLVE THE ZODIAC "MY NAME IS..." CODE:

I use the same basic Caesar Code shift system with the 0-3-6-9 shift values as in the Map Code and 18 unsolved.

A 13 symbol code is way too short to devise a solvable entirely new code key, so it is highly likely Zodiac mostly used the existing Harden Key. To start the first stage translation of symbols that we saw in the first code, I use all Harden Key, with the exception of "E" I solve as a "C" - because we already have two "E" 's, and in Harden a backwards "E" does translate as a "C". I cannot create the cross circle Zodiac symbol on my computer so it is represented here as a "+".

But what about symbols that did not appear in the first code, thus no Harden translation is available? Here I solve the anchor symbol (Aries) (represented below by a "^") as an "O", based on the fact that a very similar symbol, just with a short line on top, was solved as an "O" by the Harden's, and I solved the same symbol without the short line on top as an "O" in the Mt. Diablo Map Code, which appears to have been correct. I solve the three circled "8" ' s (represented below by "8" 's) as a "T", primarily by conventional ETA frequency analysis, as "T" is the second most used letter in the English language and we already have two "E" 's.

Code : A E N + 8 K 8 M 8 ^ N A M

Trans: W C E D T S T H T O E W H

Chart:

F L N M C B C Q C X N F Q
C I K J . Z Y Z N Z U K C N
Z F H G W V W K W R H Z K

W C E D T S T H T O E W H

T Z B A Q P Q E Q L B T E
Q W Y X N M N B N I Y Q B
N T V U K J K Y K F V N Y

6 6 6 3 9 0 0 0 6 0 0 9 9
C I K A K S T H Z O E N Y

Once again we have "666", as well as "000", "00" and "99".

Solution:

T H E O K A C Z Y N S K I
0 0 0 0 . 9 3 6 6 9 9 0 6 6
akwilks

Postby KITE on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 am

To be honest, AK, I probably would not go along with that 13 symbol solution because of what might be considered a seemingly random selection of the letters translated. But that's nothing to be concerned about considering the colossal 340 Cipher Line 3 possible cryptic recovery and the fact that you pursued possible Caesar Cipher matches to Kaczynski beyond the Unknown 18 possible match and that I viewed as a possible one-time Zodiac puzzle. Having said that, I believe in the Oswell solution concerning the 13 symbol My Name Is Code, but I found something to go along with it, a secondary solution that works off the foundation of the union of sets solution. And, it's so simple, here it is.
Simply, identify the symbols and give them their first letter. Now, here, a claim of, what's the word?, subjectiveness can be made. But I agree with the Oswell solution concerning the identity of symbols and that solution isn't necessarily invested on what the first letter of the 13 symbols is. So, I hope that tends to negate any measure of bias that might be perceived. So, the symbols (8=Infinity) (Zodiac symbol=Zodiac)(upside down Aries=Aries).
So with that a 13 string of: (A E N Z I K I M I Ar N A M)....*Ar=Aries to separate from letter A symbol
From there, TRIM one of any MULTIPLES, which seems a sort of variation of a union of sets
So, the symbol letter A has two and so it's trimmed down to one, for example.
So, AA=A E=E NN=N Z=Z III=II K=K MM=M Ar=A....E,K,Z, and Ar aren't multiples and thus aren't TRIMMED
So, the result is the nine= AENZIIKMA
Now, give them their number for letter last number. For example, E=5 O=15 Y=25. So, EOY=5
(You know, it just occurred to me that in explaining math work, one might be drawn to using the word SO to begin a sentence, and so with Zodiacs use of SO as a first word, is that from Zodiac being a mathematician?)
Anyway, so give those letters their last number for letter and the result is: 154699131
Now, do the same for the name KACZYNSKI: 113654919 and you see that those two nine number strings are the same exact numbers:
154699131 and 113654919: both are 111345699!
Simple Steps: 1.Identify the 3 symbols. 2. Produce a letter string with the first letter of each of the 13. 3. TRIM one off of any multiple symbols(remember to keep the letter symbol A and symbol Aries separate) 4. This will result in a nine letter string(AENZIIKMA) 5. Give these letters their last number for letter. 6. Compare to the last number for letters in the name KACZYNSKI 7. Be amazed to see that they are the exact same nine number string!
KITE

Postby akwilks on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:17 pm

My old proposed solution to the My Name Is may be the weakest one of all, because it makes a number of assumptions, and I can't really say those assumptions or better than any others that could be made. I mean to me it is logical to use frequency analysis, and since we already have "E" 's, go to the second most used English language letter, "T", for a symbol that appears three times. Some also say that is the Taurus symbol, so another possible "T" clue. But that choice of "T" can be challenged. The Aries symbol is almost the same as one used in the 408 and that translates as an "O". But that also could be debated.

I think in a 13 symbol cipher ANY choice can be debated.

I do see merit in the Oswell-Kite proposed solution.

It is really hard to come up with ANY conclusive solution to a 13 symbol cipher, which makes me strongly wonder if it is really just a clue to the 340.

Let us set aside matters Caesar and Ted and just look at the possible relationship between the Zodiac My Name Is Code of 4/20/70 and the Zodiac 340 of November 1969. Building on something noticed by Kite, and work by NIN and others, let us ask does the My Name Is Code pertain to and give us clues to solve the 340? And does the My Name Is Code match up with the Zodiac 340 Line 3 as in the proposed solution we might call Graysmith Raw/Bullitt/Obiwan/Kite/Wilks?

Look at the letters from 4/20/70 and the letters from Line 3 (Not counting THEO):

AAEKNNMM
EHHILLSSU

Now look at this:

AA .. NN .. MM .. E .. K
LL .. HH ....SS ... E .. I

The 1986 Graysmith Raw Solution has a 4th line asking the question SEE A NAME.
On the 3rd line we have THEO, with 9 letters surrounding it.

In April 1970 Zodiac asks "BY THE WAY HAVE YOU CRACKED THE LAST CIPHER I SENT YOU?". Zodiac is of course refering to the 340. He then gives us a clue how to solve the 340, he says "MY NAME IS" then gives us the code. By telling us his 13 letter NAME, he is calling attention to the 4th line in the 340 which asks SEE A NAME, and the 13 letters that preceeded it.

There does seem to be a strong match between the 13 symbols Zodiac gives us in April of 1970 and the 13 letters on the 340 Line 3.

Both the My Name Is Code and the 340 3rd line have:

One set of triples
Three sets of doubles
Four singles

Coincidence?

Based on the Doranchak/Aquiman computer studies, is there not a HUGE number of possible variations of 13 letters? As in, millions and millions? Anyone care to calculate a number?

If so why is there a match between these two lines of Zodiac Code, one given to us raw by Zodiac, the other a proposed solution a line of the Zodiac 340 by Graysmith/Bullitt/Obiwan/Kite/Wilks?

Lets look further:

HHH.....888 (MATCH as H is 8th letter in alphabet)
LL.......AA (+15 shifts)
EE.......NN (+9 shifts)
SS.......MM (-6 shifts)
U.........E (+10 shifts)
T.........K (-9 shifts)
O.........^ Aries Symbol (In the 408 virtually the same symbol translates to an O)
I.........+ Zodiac Symbol (The Zodiac Symbol Is "I" to the Zodiac)

Zodiac 340 Third Line I L U E H S T H E O L H S.jpg
Zodiac 340 Third Line I L U E H S T H E O L H S.jpg (11.75 KiB) Viewed 2179 times

Zodiac My Name Is Code 888 AA MM NN E K + ^.jpg
Zodiac My Name Is Code 888 AA MM NN E K + ^.jpg (15.98 KiB) Viewed 2175 times

HHH LL EE SS.. U T O I
888 AA NN MM E K ^ +

So both sets can be expressed as:

aaa bb cc dd e f g h
akwilks

Postby KITE on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm not sure if there is really anywhere to go with the following idea, but I used this possibility:
888=HHH, AA=LL, E=U, NN=EE, Zodiac Symbol=T, K=I, MM=SS, Aries=O
Then using those plugged in to get a new SEE A NAME 13 and then see how it compares:
LUETHIHSHOELS compared to ILUEHSTHEOLHS.
KITE

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case