The April 24 and May 2 1978 Zodiac Letters

Re: The April 24 and May 2 1978 Zodiac Letters

Postby akwilks on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Compare the Kaczynski writing to the opening section of the May 78 possible Zodiac letter.

The lightning bolt "S" 's appear identical. And many other letters have a similar style and feel IMO.

May 78 possible Zodiac letter opening.JPG
May 78 possible Zodiac letter opening.JPG (34.69 KiB) Viewed 2981 times

TK Writing strange.JPG
TK Writing strange.JPG (25.5 KiB) Viewed 2970 times
akwilks

Postby KITE on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Wow, that spelling of "celebicy" is way off, if I'm not mistaken. Shouldn't it be celibacy? Something similar is the apparent misspelling of plausible as plausable in the Manifesto. Maybe some of the real Zodiacs misspellings were arguably legitamate as well. Sorry, I meant, legitimate. What about "saterical comidy" from 1974? I believed that to be intentional, both errors, but perhaps saterical was an honest mistake? Comidy would be harder for me to believe, but maybe Zodiac had a weakness for spelling with the gray-area vowels, let's call it.
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

Looking at the April 24th, 1978 possible Zodiac letter. If it is an imitation then why the reversion to DEAR EDITOR and why no spelling errors. The writer arguably seems familiar with the 340 cipher. HERB CAEN and TOSCHI can be made out in the 340 cipher without even a comprehensive translation effort, in my opinion, considering that HER and TOSH are plainly seen, and then using some of the 3-part cipher translation such as (P=I). The mention of a MOVIE is different. The 340 cipher mentions FILM and it seems, in my opinion, a more comprehensive translation effort would need to be underway to have unearthed that. And, of course, the HERB CAEN, TOSCHI, and MOVIE mentions could be coincidental as compared to what will result as a possible solution in 1979, was it? Looking at the section of the letter that reads: (TELL HERB CAEN I AM HERE). Now drop down right below that and it reads: (THAT CITY PIG TOSCHI IS GOOD). Now consider the cryptic...THAT CITY (pig tos)CHI (is) GO(od). As a whole thought...
(TELL HERB CAEN I AM HERE THAT CITY CHICAGO).
Now, look at the Zodiac symbol with GUESS as the victim count, presumably, next to it. GUESS has a numbers-for-letters of:
G(7)U(21)E(5)S(19)S(19)=71 (GUESS)=(71).
71 is the numbers-for-letters for TWO signs: VIRGO and PISCES. They are the SIXTH and TWELFTH(?)signs of the ZODIAC. If you look at the Zodiac symbol with 12 points then VIRGO(6) would fit on the SOUTH point and PISCES(12)on the NORTH point. Kaczynski is a GEMINI(3) and that would fit on EAST point, leaving the WEST point. That would be SAGITTARIUS=144 but I can't really see anything for that except:
(2)signs:VIRGO(71) PISCES(71)....(2+71+71)=(144)=SAGITTARIUS.
But, trying to fit signs to the 3,6,9,12 isn't really the cryptic I'm looking at here. Going back to the THAT CITY CHICAGO possible cryptic and possibly expanding on that: Look at the last line....(I AM NOW IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS) and then YOURS TRULY and the ZODIAC symbol and GUESS.
(YOURS TRULY=ZODIAC) (GUESS=71=VIRGO, PISCES).
I AM NOW IN: CONTROL OF ALL THINGS ZODIAC PISCES VIRGO

(C)*.......O.........N........T........R........O........L..........
T..........(H)*.....(I)*.....N........G........S....................
P...........I..........S.......(C)*.....E........S....................
Z...........O.........D........I........(A)*.....C....................
V..........I..........R.........(G)......(O)

(C)........(H)........(I).......(C).......(A).....(G)......(O).......

I AM NOW IN: CHICAGO?
7 words, 7 letters in CHICAGO, but wait, I only used 5 words?
OF and ALL are leftover?
O(15)F(6)A(1)L(12)L(12)=46
C(3)H(8)I(9)C(3)A(1)G(7)O(15)=46
OF ALL=46 CHICAGO=46
Last edited by KITE on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu May 31, 2012 3:18 pm

The idea is that with the communication beginning...I AM BACK WITH YOU and then ending:
I AM NOW IN.......-- it's a cryptic set-up for where Zodiac is NOW. The Zodiac symbol has GUESS next to it instead of a number. GUESS is numbers-for-letters of 71 matching the zodiac signs VIRGO=71 and PISCES=71. So, when you look at what's crypticly available after (I AM NOW IN): it can crypticly break down this way:
CONTROL=(CONTROL)
OF
ALL
THINGS=(THINGS)
YOURS TRULY and the Zodiac symbol=(ZODIAC)
GUESS=71=(PISCES)(VIRGO)

CONTROL BEGINS WITH A C......CHICAGO BEGINS WITH A C
THINGS second and third letters are HI......CHICAGO second and third letters are HI
PISCES FOURTH LETTER IS A C......CHICAGO FOURTH LETTER IS A C
ZODIAC FIFTH LETTER IS AN A......CHICAGO FIFTH LETTER IS AN A
VIRGO LAST TWO LETTERS ARE GO......CHICAGO LAST TWO LETTERS ARE GO
Last edited by KITE on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Concerning the May 2, 1978 possible Zodiac letter, there is a sentence where the writer uses THREE dashes:
(HEY---YOU ACTORS), but they are large dashes as relatively compared to the size of the letters. I don't know how common that is or if Zodiac ever used multiple dashes but I noticed where Kaczynski used TWO large dashes in the same way. Over in the topic.....................(Ted Kaczynski is NOT a big fan of Doug Oswell), Kaczynski writes...(The guy died of a long time ago--of natural causes as far as I know). So, he uses TWO large dashes and if it is rare to use multiple large dashes in the course of composing a communication, there then is tentatively an interesting handwriting-style parallel to consider. Since there is a MAY 2, 1978 date, surmising a May 1 preparation or that MAY 1 was possibly the date it was when possibly Zodiac dropped it in the mailbox, then the part about (IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS) would bring it close to the MAY 22 date, that being the day Kaczynski turned 36 years old. And then there's the use of the word THEOCRATIC, THEO-CRATIC, just to be obvious. And, as AK mentioned, the style of writing for the word PLEASE is an interesting consideration. AK also notes how the initials TJK are part of the 5 letters(KHJTV), the address on the envelope front, and possibly in line with that, also found on the front of the envelope, in the lower left is, I assume, a drawing, a sketch of something. I'm wondering if that's supposed to be a JACKOLANTERN? Because that also has the intials TJK:
(J)AC(K)OLAN(T)ERN, but it also has clusters of letters found in the name:
(T)HEOD(O)(RE) (J KAC)ZY(N)SKI....(JACK)(O)LA(N)(T)(ER)N. It might well be a poor man's TWO JOINED KEYS CHAIN?
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Concerning the 4/24/78 possible Zodiac communication. I believe it was from Zodiac and I believe he used the (I AM)'s in this communication to leave clues. Consider the first (I AM):

This is the Zodiac speaking. I AM: back with you. I wrote it that way because I believe Zodiac intended for it to be read that way, cryptically, let's say. So, if I'm correct in this initial observation, what does: (BACK WITH YOU) potentially offer up as a possible clue to Zodiac's name or otherwise? BUT WAIT!! What about the THIRD (I AM) in the communication. It reads:

I AM (and then the two letters (BU) are crossed out)

I believe that was meant to work in concert with the first (I AM). In other words, take the (BU) out of (BACK WITH YOU), the first and the last letters, leaving (ACKWITHYO).

I AM: ACKWITHYO, The first three letters are KAC? (Did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?) Proceeding with a simple Caesar shift:

A.....C.....K.....W.....I.....T.....H.....Y.....O.....
A.....C.....K.....N.....Z.....K.....Y.....S......I.....

(ACKNZKYSI) (000999966)
(ACKNZKYSI)=(KACZYNSKI)

I AM: KACZYNSKI?

And similarly using the fifth and last (I AM), I believe Zodiac set up the closing of the communication to hint at where he was now despite seemingly suggesting earlier in the letter that he was essentially local, in my opinion.
(I AM NOW IN: CONTROL OF ALL THINGS.) I believe Zodiac used numbers-for-letters and words at the end of the communication to complete a cryptic clue concerning where he possibly was now: By putting the word GUESS (with its numbers-for-letters total of 71) near the ZODIAC symbol, I believe he was alluding to the signs PISCES and VIRGO because those words also have a numbers-for-letters of 71. So, using those 2 words that I believe are cryptically communicated and other words written after (I AM NOW IN:), I believe this is what Zodiac offered up as a clue to where he was now:

I AM NOW IN:

(C)ONTROL
T(HI)NGS
PIS(C)ES
ZODI(A)C
....VIR(GO)

I AM NOW IN: CHICAGO?

That last sentence: I AM NOW IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS. In my opinion, it's similar to the (12/20/69) communication with Zodiac saying: (.....I will loose ALL CONTROL OF myself and set the bomb up.) So, in the 4/24/78 communication with who is possibly Zodiac saying.....I AM HERE, I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE and I AM NOW IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS, is Zodiac trying to establish himself as living in California and no longer a serial murderer as a misdirection because he intends to resume his criminal activity somewhere else in the country and did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:33 pm

So, I believe that TWO of the (I AM) in the 4-24-78 possible Zodiac communication were used together cryptically:

I AM: BACK WITH YOU
I AM: BU(crossed out)

B (ACKWITHYO) U

ACKWITHYO=ACKNZKYSI (000999966) number shifts, anagrams to KACZYNSKI, if I'm not mistaken on any of that.

There is a sentence in the communication that I believe is possibly part of this possible hidden clue:

(HE WILL GET TIRED THEN LEAVE ME ALONE.)

It follows the word BETTER and, in my opinion, there should be a period, comma, or semi-colon after the word BETTER.

In my opinion too, there should be the word AND in that sentence:

HE WILL GET TIRED (AND) THEN LEAVE ME ALONE.

I believe this was intentional and a hidden clue from Zodiac.

Q. KITE, why do you believe that the leaving out of the word AND was intentional and a hidden clue from Zodiac?

A. Because that sentence goes from being a total of (30 letters and a numbers-for-letters of 314) to a total of (33 letters and a numbers-for-letters of 333) when AND is added, if I'm not mistaken.

I found that very interesting but it became, in my opinion, very, very interesting when I noticed that AND was the middle word of the now NINE word sentence and that there was a numbers-for-letters total of 157 before and after the word AND.

HE WILL GET TIRED (AND) THEN LEAVE ME ALONE
......(157)................(19)............(157)............ (numbers-for-letters) (A=1, B=2, Z=26 etc.)

So, possibly these numbers: (9 words, 33 letters and a numbers-for-letters total of 333) (3+3+3) were hidden clues alluding to the possible number shift(0-3-6-9)(although only 0-6-9 are used) of (ACKWITHYO) to KACZYNSKI? (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)

For additional consideration, the crossed out letters (BU) would have been the 33rd word in the communication, if I'm not mistaken.

And also concerning the (I AM) before the crossed out (BU), the word (AM), in my opinion, has a spacing to it that the other FOUR (I AM)'s in the communication do not. Perhaps that was meant as a clue alluding to the spacing of the letters (BU) in: I AM (b)ack with yo(u)? Or perhaps the spacing wasn't intentional but instead was subconsciously penned by Zodiac?
KITE

Postby KITE on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 pm

So, just to sort of summarize analysis of the 4-24-78 possible Zodiac communication, I believe that Zodiac hid numbers-for-letter clues in and around the (I AM)'s in the communication. The FIVE (I AM)'s are:
I AM: back with you
I AM: here, I have always been here
I AM: (two letters: b and u crossed out) smarter and better
I AM: waiting for a good movie about me
I AM: now in control of all things

The first and third (I AM)'s I believe were used together. The letters (B and U) are crossed out in (B)ACK WITH YO(U), and the remaining letters are shifted from 0-3-6-9:
ACKWITHYO=ACKNZKYSI (000999966) (ACKNZKYSI anagrams to KACZYNSKI)(I AM: KACZYNSKI)(did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)

The second (I AM) begins:

I AM: HERE, I HAVE ALWAYS

The numbers-for-letters for those words following (I AM) are, if I'm not mistaken: HERE(36), I(9), HAVE(36), ALWAYS(81).
That's very interesting, in my opinion, because 36+9+36=81 or, in other words (HERE+I+HAVE=ALWAYS).
So, I think that was done intentionally because those numbers (36,9,81) are:

9=3x3
36=6x6
81=9x9

So, in my opinion, it's designed to allude to 0-3-6-9 and even though only 0-6-9 are used for (I AM: (b)ack with yo(u)), it's still the idea that 0-3-6-9 are put to the points of a Zodiac symbol or circle(like the 0-3-6-9 on the Map) and those are the shift choices. And it also could be alluding to possible Zodiac use of 0-3-6-9 in other communications, such as possibly with EBEORIETEMETHPITI?

The sentence or what I believe should be a separate sentence leading up to the fourth (I AM) is:
HE WILL GET TIRED THEN LEAVE ME ALONE
I believe there should be an AND in the middle of that sentence and by doing so the sentence then has 33 letters and a numbers-for-letters of 333, if I'm not mistaken. It also results in a numbers-for-letters of 157 before and after the added word AND, if I'm not mistaken.
HE WILL GET TIRED(157)AND(19)THEN LEAVE ME ALONE(157)=(333).

The FOURTH (I AM) has the word FOR in it. FOR is the FOURTH word in the sentence. When changing that FOR to FORE, the FORE then has a numbers-for-letters of 44. It also makes the sentence have a numbers-for-letters of 333, unless I erred. The (I) that begins the sentence is the 44th word in the communication:
I(44th word) AM WAITING FOR A GOOD MOVIE ABOUT ME.

When including both sentences that concern talk of a movie, there are 44 letters(after FOR is changes to FORE): (I am waiting fore a good movie about me. who will play me.)

In my opinion, there is a puzzle here that concerns the number four. I believe, the focus on four leads to the FOURTH letters of the first three words in the sentence that are FOUR letters or longer, after FOR is changed to FORE:

WAI(T)ING
FOR(E)
GOO(D)

resulting in I AM: TED (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)

Q. KITE, to be consistent, why not go with the FOURTH letter of the first FOUR words?

A. It would probably be more interesting if the FOURTH letter of the FOURTH word(after changing FOR to FORE) was a letter K, for example, but it's a letter I, MOV(I)E. But since this FOURTH(I AM) sentence, when altered with FORE, has a numbers-for-letters of 333 and follows the sentence after the THIRD(I AM), that when altered with the word AND has 33 letters and a numbers-for-letters of 333, I could be led to believe there is an alluding to both the number three and the number four? (In other words, this possible puzzle could concern both the THIRD and FOURTH (I AM)'s). Additionally the word FOR has 3 letters in it.

The fifth (I AM) is: I AM NOW IN: control of all things. This is followed by a Yours Truly and a Zodiac symbol with the word GUESS beside it. I believe this closing was Zodiac clueing in as to where he was now or otherwise would soon be: The idea is that GUESS with a numbers-for-letters of 71 and being next to the Zodiac symbol was alluding to the two signs that have a numbers-for-letters of 71(Pisces and Virgo). I believe Zodiac then used these words along with some of the other relatively larger words(and also Zodiac symbol=ZODIAC) that follow (I AM NOW IN:) for this possible hidden message:

I AM NOW IN:

(C)ONTROL
T(HI)NGS
PIS(C)ES
ZODI(A)C
....VIR(GO)
KITE

Postby KITE on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:50 am

The possible puzzle involving the word FOR in the possible 4-24-78 Zodiac communication is quite amazing, in my opinion.

The following is all if I'm not mistaken on any of it:

The FOURTH (I AM) sentence begins as the 44th word of the communication. The sentence has the word FOR in it and it is the FOURTH word of the sentence. When the letter E is added to FOR and becomes the variation FORE, it now has a numbers-for-letters of 44(F(6)+O(15)+R(18)+E(5)=(44). The letter E in FORE becomes the FOUR-teenth letter in the sentence. Adding the letter E allows for there to be 44 letters in the two sentences that involve talk of a movie. Adding the letter E also allows for there to be FOUR words that have FOUR letters(fore,good,will,play) in the two sentences involving talk of a movie. Creating the word FORE makes the word MOVIE the FOURTH word in the first sentence with FOUR letters or more. MOVIE has a numbers for letters of 64(13+15+22+9+5)=(64). That means that the FOURTH word of the first sentence with FOUR letters or more has a numbers-for-letters of (4x4x4). (64=4x4x4). The FOURTH letter of those first FOUR words with FOUR letters or more in the first sentence, after changing FOR to FORE, are, in order: TEDI. This was possibly a puzzle meaning: I AM: TED or possibly I AM: TEDDY (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?) TEDDY has individual numbers-for-letters of 20,5,4,4,25 (two FOURS in a row).

The beginning of the sentence: (That city pig Toschi is good but), I find very interesting as possibly involving a puzzle and the number seven. Those words follow the second (I AM) sentence. That's the (I AM) sentence with the words (I have always).
Those 3 words have a numbers-for-letters of (9,36,81) and are (3x3,6x6,9x9). Only 2 words after these 3 words is the word THAT to begin the beginning of the the sentence that I believe involves a puzzle and the number SEVEN.

(That city pig Toschi is good but) is SEVEN words and takes up exactly one line.
THAT has a numbers-for-letters of 49 which is 7x7. And, as I mentioned, this follows right after the 3 words that are 3x3,6x6, and 9x9.
The word CITY follows the word THAT.
CHICAGO is a city that has SEVEN letters.
The result of breaking the SEVEN words into SEVEN letters sections(the last with only 5 remaining) is: (That cit) (y pig Tos) (chi is go) (od but)
The third and last section of SEVEN is (CHI IS GO) which has 5 of 7 matching (CHI CA GO).

So, possibly this is connected to the communication-closing (I AM NOW IN:) possible puzzle?
(CHI IS GO) has 5 of 7 letters matching from a sectioned sentence of (7,7,7,5). The communication-closing (I AM NOW IN:) possible puzzle uses sections of 5 words to get the 7 letters.
KITE

Postby KITE on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm wondering now if the crossed out letters (bu) in the possible 4-24-78 Zodiac communication were used in two ways? I have already mentioned that I believe it was used as meant to remove the letters (b) and (u) from (back with you), as both follow an (I AM). Then, after a 000999966 number shift is used, an anagram of KACZYNSKI results, if I'm not mistaken. (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)

Q. KITE, what is the second way you believe the crossed out letters (bu) were possibly used by Zodiac?

A. I believe possibly it was also clueing in to cross out the letters b and u from the word BUT, the word before the (I AM).

BUT is the last word in that line of SEVEN words. The first word is THAT with a numbers-for-letters of 49, which is 7x7. The result of sectioning the SEVEN word line into sections of SEVEN is:

(That cit)(y pig Tos)(chi is go)(od but..)

The possible idea with that is that since the line starts with a 7x7 numbers-for-letters word(THAT), has SEVEN words, uses the word CITY, and has (chi is go) as one of its sections of SEVEN, Chicago(a SEVEN letter city) is possibly being alluded to?

So, if the letters b and u were crossed out in the word BUT, the numbers-for-letters for that SEVEN word line, if I'm not mistaken, would change from 324 to 301.
301, if I'm not mistaken is 43x7, but this, if I'm not mistaken, can be broken down into a line of SEVEN calculations(for lack of better words)(I'm not necessarily a mathematician):

If I'm not mistaken:

(7x7)+(7x7)+(7x7)+(7x7)+(7x7)+(7x7)+(7)=301
KITE

PreviousNext

Return to The Zodiac Case