Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Re: Zodiac 340 Code Partial Solution & Caesar Code Analysis

Postby KITE on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:14 am

Very interesting. Concerning the idea of looking for possible hidden messages or words from other languages within the 340 cipher. Recently I noticed a possible pattern in the 340 cipher:

...............................F...M......
....................................D......
....................................E......
....................................O................(S...H...A...L...L...S...E...E...
M...T...*....L...K...*.....E...R........
...............U....B......................

So, in my opinion, that's an interesting possible pattern for Freedom Club(did the real Zodiac know of Kaczynski and his future plans?). Also possibly interesting as it might concern possible words from other languages is that the 3 letters seen downward between the letter F and the letter E in the possible FREEDOM anagram pattern are the letters O, N, and O. Could that possibly be interpreted as a combination of English and Spanish for the word ONE? The idea being that the Unabomber was the ONE member of his own Club?(was the real Zodiac aware of Kaczynski's future plans?)

Interesting too, in my estimation, is the use of the letter B from the downward reading of BARS in Column 5. I believe that possibly an overall message of:

KEPT (IN) BARS TILL ATAK(attack)LOSE LEASH

was intended in the possible downward-read words in Columns 5,9, and 10 of the 340 cipher.

So, a possible hidden Freedom Club pattern in the 340 cipher using the same B from BARS is particularly interesting, in my estimation. As well as possibly the (SHALL SEE MT)(Montana?) nearby.

And did Zodiac say something similar on 9-27-69 when he possibly referred to escaping from prison in Montana, if I'm not mistaken? If I'm not mistaken, Zodiac possibly talked of escaping the BARS he was KEPT in while in Montana. Could that have possibly been a symbolic story, if that's the word, of being KEPT IN BARS, on a LEASH, ATAK(attacking) those restraints, and then escaping into the freedom of the MONTANA wilderness, as I believe Zodiac possibly saw it? (Of course, I put that into my own words to parallel to the words and possible hidden messages that I believe are included in the 340 cipher.)
KITE

Postby KITE on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm

I agree with the possible idea that Zodiac alluded to Robert Emmet, the historical Irish revolutionary from around the year 1800 or so, in the last 18 symbols of his first cipher(408 symbols, if I'm not mistaken). And I believe he wrote it out this way.

I ROBET EMET THE HIPIE

So, that's 18 letters. The pattern being to remove one of the double consonants from 3 of the words. And I believe Zodiac would have wrote the final 18 out jumbled, something like this:

I EBORT ETEM ETH HPIEI (as compared to what actually ended the cipher:

EBEOR I ETEM ETH HPITI

They seem very similar.

Q. So KITE, if you believe Zodiac intended to end the cipher as you wrote it out first, why did the cipher actually end as it did, different from what you believe Zodiac originally intended, even if perhaps only slightly different.

A. Because I believe Zodiac wanted to start it out with the letters (EBE) because I believe he was alluding to a 1968 unsolved Michigan case that possibly involved an association to the same historical Irish revolutionary EMMET from the year 1800 and possibly a communication with those letters (EBE) possibly emphasized.

So, a way to do that is to switch the letter T in ROBET with the letter E in HIPIE. The word (I) would then be moved to after the word ROBET. That could be how possibly:
(I ROBET EMET THE HIPIE) became (I EBORT ETEM ETH HPIEI) became (EBEOR I ETEM ETH HPITI), in my opinion.

And this doesn't conflict with the idea that THEODORE J KACZYNSKI=TEHIMIOH P ERTTEEBEI (03369633 6 699669960)(did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski).

Another interesting consideration concerning the possible idea that Zodiac wanted to start out the final 18 with the letters (EBE) is that the 15 letters after (EBE) add up to a numbers-for-letters of 180, 90 at a time:

(EBE)=12 (ORIETEME)=90 (THHPITI)=90 (180 total) (If I'm not mistaken).

That might be interesting because of a possible association with revolution(revolt)(Robert Emmet the historical revolutionary) and the numerical game that I believe Zodiac created(revolution(once around a circle)). The number 180 is one of the direction points on a circle, if I'm not mistaken(90,180,270,360). So, possibly could EBE be an acronym created by Zodiac that had a numbers-for-letters of 180, resulting in a number-for letters total of 360:

EBE acronym=180, ORIETEMETHHPITI=180:

:that would thus then, as possibly Zodiac saw it, allude to revolution(revolt) by alluding to revolution(once around a circle)(360 degrees)?
KITE

Postby KITE on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 am

I believe that Zodiac, possibly in the 340 cipher, clued in on the numerical game that I believe he played.

Q. KITE? what numerical game are you referring to?

A. I believe that Zodiac used SIX dates and their LOCATIONS in a numerical game that involved circles. But, as of the sending of the 340 cipher (November, 1969), up to that point, I believe he had acted on FOUR of the six dates. They are:

12+20+68=100 Vallejo(77)+Zodiac(58)=135
7+4+69=80 Vallejo(77)+Zodiac(58)=135 Vallejo total: 135x2=270
9+27+69=105 Napa(32)+Zodiac(58)=90
10+11+69=90 San Francisco(122)+Zodiac(58)=180

So, what I showed there was that when the dates were added, they resulted in the number string 100-80-105-90 with the intended eventual result, in my estimation, being the number string 80-85-90-95-100-105 (in other words 85 and 95 are still needed). And then this number string could be put to a circle and lines drawn thru the center could cover all 12 points.

With the LOCATIONS, I used number-for-letters such as (A=1, B=2, Z=26 etc.). For example, Zodiac (58) means that Z(26)+O(15)+D(4)+I(9)+a(1)+C(3)=58. I believe that Zodiac wanted the LOCATIONS + ZODIAC to add up to (90,180,270,360), the points of a circle, and in this way he was promoting revolution(revolt) by alluding to the revolution (once around) of a circle.

The next date Zodiac acted on, after the sending of the 340 cipher, in my opinion, was:

6-19-70 San Francisco (if I'm not mistaken). That would fit the numerical game, in my estimation, since the needed 95 results with 6+19+70=95 and the doubling up of San Francisco((122)+Zodiac(58)=180. San Francisco total: 360:) also results (if I'm not mistaken on that location).

* I also believe that Zodiac acted on 3-22-70, which is a 95 total date (3+22+70=95), but, in my opinion, no situation unfolded for what Zodiac intended to happen on that day, on a 95 date. In other words, Zodiac may have also been driving around on 4-21-70 and 5-20-70 (both 95 dates), and only ended up acting, was only able to, on 6-19-70. He may have approached, considered, and balked at acting on many or several occasions possibly during 1969-70?

So, the 6-19-70 DATE is the one that I believe Zodiac clued in on in the 340 cipher.

Q. KITE? So how did he clue in on that 6-19-70 DATE as you believe he did in the 340 cipher?

A. I believe that Zodiac clued in on what would end up being the 6-19-70 DATE in 3 ways.

(1) I believe that Zodiac included in the 340 text, the words..... (A PILLS GAME). A PILLS GAME has a number-for-letters of 95. (A(1)+PILLS(68)+GAME(26)=95). Arguably, Zodiac referred to a (GAME) if he was the one who chose and sent in the 10-27-70 Halloween Card? (wasn't it something like....but then why spoil our game?)

(2) In the 340 cipher, in my opinion, Zodiac includes a downward reading of the word Attack by using ATAK. In my opinion this is part of an overall reading of downward words that make the message:
KEPT(PTEK) IN BARS TILL ATAK LOSE LEASH. With this message, I believe that Zodiac was lecturing that the restraints imposed by society must be Attacked. And, I believe that Zodiac believed he was attacking(ATAK) the restraints with the numerical game I believe he played.
So, as far as the word ATAK alluding to the 6-19-70 date, the word ATAK, read downward in the 340 cipher, begins on the 180th symbol or position.

(3) The 340 text, in my opinion, closes with the sentence...(The pig stalls deal eighth soel slain).

So, in summary, in my estimation, there are 3 clues in the 340 cipher that were meant to match up with what would end up being the 6-19-70 DATE:

A PILLS GAME=95.......6-19-70 (6+19+70=95)
ATAK on 180th symbol..........San Francisco(122)+Zodiac(58)=180
The Pig stalls deal eighth soel slain.........The unsolved (If I'm not mistaken) 6-19-70 case

I would also add that the 6-26-70 Zodiac communication, if that is correct, closes with a sentence that adds up to 360 in numbers-for-letters, if I'm not mistaken. (The sentence referring to a man in a parked car and possibly alluding to the 6-19-70 case). I believe that Zodiac was responsible for the 6-19-70 case, did allude to it in the 6-26-70 communication, in my opinion, and also did intentionally craft a closing sentence in the 6-26-70 communication that added up to 360 as part of the numerical game I believe he played to allude to revolution(revolt) with once around a circle(revolution).
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat May 06, 2017 9:33 am

I may have stumbled across something very interesting concerning the 340 cipher but also the 13 symbol code from the 4-20-70 communication. In other words, I believe that Zodiac, in part, designed the 13 symbol to draw attention back to a hidden code included in the 340 cipher.

In the last Column of the 340 cipher, the right edge of the cipher, let's say, going down 12 symbols, translated according to the solution I believe is accurate, are the letters:

MHSEA(T)I(E)K(D)OP

I put Ted in parenthesis and I believe that the 4-20-70 13 symbol code is similarly designed:

AENZ(I)K(I)M(I)ANAM

So, there, I put the first letter of what I believe the non-letter symbols stand for: Zodiac, Infinity, Aries (from a possible solution that I believe is accurate but not mine). Now when I compare the 2 codes? (13 symbol code compared to the 12 translated symbols at the edge of the 340 cipher.)

*13 letters compared to 12 letters
*skip a letter pattern (I)K(I)M(I) compared to (T)I(E)K(D)
*The number-for-letters before skip a letter pattern (46)(AENZ) compared to (46) also (MHSEA)
*The numbers-for-letters for the skip a letter pattern (51)(IKIMI) compared to (49)(TIEKD)
*The numbers-for-letters for what follows the skip a letter pattern (29)(ANAM) compared to (31)(OP)
*The total numbers-for-letters (126)(AENZIKIMIANAM) compared to (126) also (MHSEATIEKDOP)

Both codes are (0,10,20) shift friendly.

One example for the 340 cipher possible hidden code is: (with the idea that the TED remains as is):

M.....H.....S.....E.....A.....(T).....I.....(E).....K.....(D).....O.....P.....
C.....N.....I......K.....K..............S..............A...............Y.....Z......

(T)(E)(D) KACZYNSKI

The 13 symbol code has a possible solution, that I believe is accurate, involving the union of letters ultimately resulting in (FROM TED KACZYNSI), if I'm not mistaken. But only 5 symbols (the 5 different symbols: Zodiac, Infinity, K, M, Aries) were needed to reach this result, if I'm not mistaken. So, I believe that Zodiac added 8 multiples to the 5 symbols for 3 reasons:
(1) to make it more difficult
(2) add a secondary solution
(3) and also call attention to what I believe he included as a hidden code on the edge of the 340 cipher

Q. What do you believe is the secondary solution, KITE?
A. I believe, like the 340 cipher's possible hidden code, he used a (0,10,20) shift:

A.....(E).....N.....Z.....I......K.....I......M.....I....A.....(N).....(A).....(M).....
K..............N.....Z.....S.....A.....Y......C.....I.....K..............................
10............0.....0.....10...10...10....10....0....10..............................

So, that uses a (0,10) shift and results, if I'm not mistaken: (N)(A)(M)(E) KACZYNSKI

The possible code I'm pointing out on the edge of the 340 cipher can similarly use, in my estimation, the word NAME and a (0,10,20) shift:

M.....H.....S.....E.....A.....(T).....I.....(E).....K.....(D).....O.....P...........
.......N.................................................................................
......-20.................................................................................

So, with only one (-20) shift (N...(+10)...X...(+10)...H) or (N)OPQRSTUVW(X)YZABCDEFG(H), the first 10 letters are: MNSEA(T)I(E)K(D) which anagrams to:
NAME IS (T)(E)(D) K. (the 13 symbols code is preceded by (my name is-), if I'm not mistaken.)
The O and P could also be (10) shifted to Y and Z resulting in: NAME IS (T)(E)(D) KZY.
Or just using NAME, the result: NAME (T)(E)(D) KZYSI (from here, keep the (NA)(20,0) in NAME and change the (ME) in NAME to (CK)(10,20) and the result is (T)(E)(D) KACZYNSKI. That result written out is:
MHSEA(T)I(E)K(D)OP = CNSKA(T)I(E)K(D)ZY (10,20,0,20,0,0,0,10,10).
This, in my opinion, might have been what was intended, as opposed to other (0,10,20) options, using a progression involving NAME IS:, that is.

So, in my estimation, there's quite a compelling argument that Zodiac, in part, designed his 13 symbol code to call attention back to a hidden code he put at the edge of the 340 cipher.
In my opinion and also I ask: (did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)
KITE

Postby KITE on Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 am

So, to continue from the above post in which I suggested that Zodiac designed his 13 symbol code, in part, to allude to a possible hidden code on the edge of the 340 cipher. I had previously proposed the possibility, a few years back I believe, that Zodiac had, with the 13 symbol code, alluded to a possible hidden code in Line 3 of the 340 cipher. In my opinion, it was an amazing find by AK that involved using a (0,3,6,9) shift to achieve the result: ZCAKNY(THEO)IKS (996666(0000)330), if I'm not mistaken on any of that. So, now I'm looking at this 340 cipher as a whole with what I believe are FOUR cryptic mentions of THEO, THEODORE or TED KACZYNSKI, and THREE cryptic mentions of a BOMB. And so I believe that the 13 symbol code alluded back to the 340 cipher and the possible codes or otherwise hidden messages on Line 3 and the 12 translated symbols on the cipher's edge with the idea that there was more to find, since I believe THREE of the FOUR of what I see as mentions of THEO or THEODORE or TED KACZYNSKI are connected:

................................................................................................................................M
................................................................................................................................H
LINE 3.................................. Z.....C.....A.....K.....N.....Y.....(T.....H.....E.....O).....I.....K....S (translated symbols from (ILUEHSTHEOLHS)(9966660000330)
................................................................................................................................E
................................................................................................................................A
................................................................................................................................T
................................................................................................................................I
................................................................................................................................E
................................................................................................................................K
................................................................................................................................D
LINE 11..................................................................................................B(P)B(T)M(K)O (Line's last SEVEN symbols-untranslated)
................................................................................................................................P

So, as I mentioned in the previous post, I believe that the edge of the cipher is a code for: MHSEA(T)I(E)K(D)OP = CNSKA(T)I(E)K(D)YZ = (10,20,0,20,0,(0),0,(0),0,(0),10,10) = (T)(E)(D) KACZYNSKI.
The Line 11 above shows SEVEN symbols that close out the LINE. Those are untranslated symbols. In my estimation, those SEVEN are meant as the message (PTK-BOMB). PTK, I believe, stands for: (P)rofessor (T)heodore (K)aczynski. Professor Theodore Kaczynski has a numbers-for-letters of 330, if I'm not mistaken. I believe that this was intentionally placed on LINE ELEVEN because the number 330 is a number ELEVEN out of TWELVE on a circle. In other words, 330 degrees (12x30=360 11x30=330 etc.)is on POINT ELEVEN, let's call it.

Q. So, is there anything else to add to a possible number ELEVEN association, KITE?

A. Yes, I believe there is something else about the number ELEVEN that has to do with the downward reading of SEAT on the edge of the 340 cipher, part of the 12 untranslated symbols I've been talking about. (Thanks AK for pointing out SEAT and the related analysis) So, to the left of SEAT is an upward diagonal of BOMB(with a FNDI(FIND) aligned) and EA POE, with the possible idea that Zodiac was using SEAT to allude to Devil's SEAT from the short story, with the word association of high places and also Devil and Diablo, if I'm not mistaken. I believe this was meant to foreshadow Zodiac's sending in of the MAP(was that 6-26-70?). So, as far as the number ELEVEN(LINE ELEVEN and Professor Theodore Kaczynski=330(Point ELEVEN)in number-for-letters; I believe that a Zodiac symbol-circle was meant to be visualized around the word SEAT, just like one was drawn around Mt. Diablo, on the MAP, if I'm not mistaken. If a number ELEVEN were plotted, if that's the word, or otherwise put along the circle where the number ELEVEN(330 degrees) would be, I believe it would line up with LINE 3. So, in other words, the MAP, in my estimation, in part, was designed to not only parallel with the hidden words and where they were placed in the 340 cipher, but also to to call attention to LINE 3, since the MAP uses 0,3,6,9 with the idea of looking to the left for the BOMB. The 340 cipher has the word BOMB on the left and, in my opinion, uses the numbers 0,3,6,9, to reveal the name THEO KACZYNSKI, to the left. So perhaps that was somewhat of a convoluted explanation, but it's mostly about considering associations.

So that covers THREE of (Theo or Theodore or Ted Kaczynski) mentions and TWO for (BOMB), leaving ONE of each from my total of mentions and that occurs with the last 18 symbols of the 340 cipher that are letter-symbols. 13 of them are (KACZYNSKI BOMB) , leaving FIVE symbols. ONE of those FIVE has no meaning as a no-meaning backward symbol C. The other FOUR translate to THEO for the result:
THEO KACZYNSKI BOMB
In my opinion, and if I'm not mistaken, and did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?
KITE

Postby KITE on Sun May 21, 2017 7:27 am

Line 8 into part of Line 9 reads:

THESEFOOLSHALLSEE
MTILKLER

circled words: (THESE)(FOOLS)(HALLS)(EEMT)(ILKLER) meaning: THESE FOOLS SHALL MEET KILLER

So, a good section of it is readable without rearranged letters and it sort of stands out amongst the rest of cipher, save the opening sentence, in that the 340 cipher consists of mostly mixed up words, in my estimation. So, why did Zodiac allow this LINE 8 to be so readable? If he was trying to trick the cipher decoder into seeing SEE instead of MEET, does that really make sense when rearranging the letters would make it much more difficult, in my opinion? It could make sense if Zodiac was trying to help out the cipher decoder by allowing such a readable sequence? Or perhaps the letters happened to line up with the words that Zodiac was, in my opinion, "hiding" downward and in northeast-running diagonals? In examining that possibility, it seems that the first EIGHT letters in LINE 8 are arguable as convenient to the placing of possible hidden downward and diagonal words but then again I don't know exactly how Zodiac went about crafting this cipher? He could have altered the text BEFORE Line 8 to allow Line 8 to be as readable as it is, for example.

Q. So, KITE. Why do you believe that Line 8 is readable relative to almost the entire rest of the cipher?

A. All things considered (I guess), I believe that Zodiac intentionally crafted a dualistic, if that's the word, sentence that would result with: THESE FOOLS SHALL MEET KILLER....while offering the alternate sentence: THESE FOOL SHALL SEE MT

Q. THESE FOOL SHALL SEE MT? What are you suggesting that that means KITE?

A. THESE FOOL SHALL SEE MT (the state of MONTANA)

This possible "hidden" message of sorts makes sense insofar as the game that I believe Zodiac was playing. The 9-6-70 date was the last number needed to complete (85) (9+6+70)=(85) the 80-85-90-95-100-105 number string. A 180 LOCATION was needed. In other words a LOCATION that added up to 122 in numbers-for-letters, so that when added to the word ZODIAC(58), it would equal 180. I believe that Zodiac got this result by using......THE SIERRAS(122)+ZODIAC(58)=180. I believe that Zodiac sent in the 3-22-71 postcard and used words like SNOW, PINES, and PASS to allude to the higher elevations of the mountains and thus wild nature. In my estimation, Zodiac's numerical game involved using circles and revolution(around a circle once) to allude to another meaning of revolution(revolt). I believe that Zodiac thought his criminal behavior could push society, at that time, (1968-69-70) towards revolution, a revolt that resulted in a return to wild nature, as Zodiac may have overviewed it?

THESE FOOL SHALL SEE MT....if I'm not mistaken, has a numbers-for-letters of 219 matching Theodore J. Kaczynski(219), unless I'm mistaken?
(did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)
Last edited by KITE on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
KITE

Postby KITE on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

It looks like the numbers-for-letters for Professor Theodore Kaczynski is 340 and not 330, if I'm not mistaken. So. it's not point 11 or 330 degrees on a circle, if I'm not mistaken, but perhaps it's interesting because it's 340 total matches the number of symbols in the cipher?

THESE FOOL(S)HALL SEE MT

A sharing of the letter S to allow a reading of THESE FOOLS SHALL SEE MONTANA, perhaps?

If there's not something different about that LINE 8, why is the cipher suddenly, for the most part, readable and also it starts at the beginning of LINE 8? In other words, is it that way by chance or else why did Zodiac allow the cipher to suddenly be readable with that sentence? What was readable without mixed up letters before that point (LINE 8)? The opening of (I GIVE THEM HELL TOO) and also (SEE A NAME) with the name (THEO) before that?

So, I believe that the name THEO was intentionally added there at that point of the cipher, and at the cost of altering the reading of the cipher from:
SLEUTH SHOULD SEE A NAME BELOW KILLER'S FILM

And, as I've been saying, I'm suggesting the possible reading of: THESE FOOLS SHALL MEET KILLER is also, dualistically or simultaneously, providing the reading:
THESE FOOL(S)HALL SEE MT

In other words, the sentences are arguably similar:

SLEUTH SHOULD SEE A NAME
THESE FOOLS SHALL SEE MT

Both SEE words are on the edge of the cipher, if I'm not mistaken.

The 340 cipher possibly reads: A PILL'S GAME. PARDON ME AGCEPT TO BLAST NE(ME). (NO) THESE FOOLS SHALL SEE MT. (I changed it to (NO))

So, with that possible sequence, Zodiac mentions a GAME, which a believe is the numerical game he is playing with DATES and LOCATIONS, in my opinion. I believe he used a revolution around a circle as a word play of sorts to promote revolution, a revolt that leads society to wild nature.

So, in other words, within that possibility, the sequence would make sense, the mentioning of GAME and then possibly alluding to completing his GAME by saying (THESE FOOLS SHALL SEE MT) meaning that Zodiac possibly viewed Montana as having a lot of wilderness and so forth.

And Zodiac possibly mentioned Montana in the 9-27-69 case, if I'm not mistaken. In my opinion, Zodiac told a story to match up with the numerical game that I believe he was playing: that he had to act aggressively to ATTACK society's RESTRAINTS, the BARS he was KEPT in, and then escape or else return to wild nature. I emphasized those words because I believe he used something similar in the 340 cipher: the downward-read words that I believe make the message: KEPT IN BARS TILL ATAK LOSE LEASH
KITE

Postby KITE on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:17 pm

These fools shall see Mt ilk? Did Zodiac want this as part of a word game? Ilk meaning that perhaps Zodiac used the word to mean "something similar" or "something of that nature" (additional pun perhaps), as possibly Zodiac played a word game of sorts? I wonder if Zodiac intentionally placed things of a cryptic nature at the edge of the 340 cipher? MT is on the edge (with THESE FOOLS....starting on the edge as well.) Under MT is DL. Under that is UL. UL, in my estimation, was intended to go with HERCEAN (which starts on the edge too) to spell Herculean. Using just symbols, B(P)B(T)M(K)O is on the edge of the cipher as well as both SEE words, including SEE A NAME. DUEL and SEAT running downward too.

I believe that Zodiac intentionally put downward-read words in Column 5 and 10, meaning that I believe he wanted those words found in Column 5 and 10 and perhaps in the same way he wanted to put possibly cryptic words, initials, acronyms, codes or messages on the edge of the cipher?
KITE

Postby KITE on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Looking at the numbers: 0,0,0,0,0,10,10,10,20,0,20,0

And wondering if that looks like a deliberate pattern? What's the most obvious pattern available for those particular numbers, that being SEVEN of ZERO, THREE of TEN, and TWO of TWENTY?
Would it be this? 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,10,10,10,20,20? The numbers I listed (0,0,0,0,0,10,10,10,20,0,20,0) are fairly close to that, I would say?

Q. KITE, what are you getting at concerning those numbers?

A. THOSE ARE THE NUMBERS THAT RESULT WITH THE LETTERS ON THE EDGE OF THE 340 CIPHER!! Column 17, is that correct?

MHSEA(T)I(E)K(D)OP

That's the (T)(E)(D) skip-a-letter pattern on the edge of the 340 cipher possible solution (I believe the solution is accurate) with the NINE other letters around it, Caesar shifted (0,10,20) to KACZYNSKI.

M.....H.....S.....E.....A.....(T).....I.....(E).....K.....(D).....O.....P......
C.....N.....S.....K.....A.....(T).....I.....(E).....K.....(D).....Y.....Z......

When those letters and numbers are unanagrammed:

(T).....(E).....(D).....K.....A.....C.....Z.....Y.....N.....S.....K.....I.....
(T).....(E).....(D).....K.....A.....M.....P.....O.....H.....S....E.....I.....

Q. But KITE, aren't there several or even many different number strings that can result?

A. Yes, I believe so since those letters (MHSEAIKOP) are apparently (0,10,20) Caesar shift friendly. But.......in my estimation, it's not a factor in that the number string I'm referring to resulted from the most straightforward approach possible, in my opinion.

In other words, I allowed (T)(E)(D) to remain as (T)(E)(D) and, in fact, that is what drew my interest to the edge of the cipher in the first place. But I also allowed any letters that matched KACZYNSKI to remain unshifted, which turned out to be FOUR letters and they too are in a skip-a-letter-pattern, if I'm not mistaken:

MH(S)E(A)*T(I)*E(K)*DOP

Then I shifted the other letters using (10) and (20), but the letters are locked into their numbers, if I'm not mistaken. In other words, using the approach of keeping the (T)(E)(D), as it is and then keeping the (KASI) letters as unshifted also (because they are found in KACZYNSKI), only ONE number string can result, that being the one I listed, unless I'm mistaken:

The reasons for that are that the letter P has to equal Z (VF(P)ZJ) and the letter H has to equal the letter N (NX(H)RB). Continuing, if I'm not mistaken, there is only one possible result.

I suppose it could be questioned about using the first letter K as a zero in KACZYNSKI to allow the better pattern, but if this is an orderly approach, would not the first K be the ZERO?, since that is the second step (keeping KASI as zero) after allowing (T)(E)(D) to remain TED?

So, I believe that's a fairly amazing result, in my estimation.

Also, those 12 letters on the edge of the cipher, as I just explained, have SEVEN letters found in the name TED KACZYNSKI. They are (TEDKASI).
That anagrams to (I TASKED) and perhaps that goes along with the (HERCEAN) start to the cipher possibly meaning that Zodiac was referring to the word Herculean? In other words, perhaps HERCEAN, in part, was clueing in on the possible cryptic clue on the edge of the cipher?
Of course, to be kept in mind is that perhaps Zodiac wanted the word SEAT on the edge of the cipher and perhaps that may have guided how he went about putting together this possible name-revealing, edge-etched, cryptic clue that I'm suggesting? Another thing I will note is that the last letter is a P (Line 12) and perhaps the word PILL was used with multiple letter L's(ILLLLP) to allow that letter P to be on the edge of the cipher and thus then be 10 shifted to the letter Z to complete the TED KACZYNSKI name?
(did the real Zodiac know of Ted Kaczynski?)
KITE

Previous

Return to The Zodiac Case